It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defending Israel's Operations in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Defending Israel's Operations in Gaza

www.aish.com

By contrast, in the Gaza hospitals, "armed Hamas militants in civilian clothes roamed the halls" where they shot and killed other Palestinians. ("No Early End Seen to 'All-Out War' on Hamas in Gaza," by Ethan Bronner and Taghreed El-Khodary, New York Times, December 29, 2008)

Shockingly, Hamas is not even allowing wounded Palestinians access to medical treatment. "We are waiting for the wounded Palestinians to cross. They are not being allowed to cross," Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit told reporters. Asked who was to blame, he said: "Ask the party in control on the ground in Gaza." ("Egypt: Hamas denying Gaza wounded treatment in Egypt," by Alaa Shahine, Reuters, December 28, 2008)

It is absurd to assign the "moral high-ground" to he who suffers the most causalities. By this yardstick, during World War Two the Axis forces would be considered the "victims" against the Allied "aggressors."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We must all unite against the forces of terror that are now trying to take control in the form of a legal government.

Hamas must NOT be allowed to win their war of propaganda. The bleeding heart liberal press in control of the US have never investigated to uncover the truth!

Our press should be covering Somalia and also Turkeys war on the Kurds now before they too erupt into a blood bath.

I believe this to be a better source for truth than our western media.

Hamas is not the victims in this. They bomb children on school buses and ice cream parlors. They are liars and cowards of the lowest kind. Israel has given them that land that was taken in a war. Israel removed all Jews from that part of GAZA and what have these people done in return but turn to a terrorist organization to represent them.

Shame on Gaza, shame on all of Islam. Why hasn’t Iran offered land to these people? If Iran is so concerned with their brothers? Why does Iran not offer land to the Kurds as well?

But in this matter of GAZA we should be looking upon it as with one eye. The evil torment brought upon the citizens of Israel by its neighbors must not be tolerated.

An example must be made now for future peace. I hope people take the time to read this article so they can understand what is going on.

For God's sake support Israel.

www.aish.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Comforter

AWESOME POST!!!

Star and a flag for you...

I don't think Israel needs to be defended to sane or rational thinkers, and there is nothing we could say to Klaners, Jew Haters, NWO types and Muslims...

Israel has many rightful historical claims to much more land than they currently have, they have given land back for peace with Jordon and Egypt and tried many times with the so called palestinians, but they refuse it everytime. I find it interesting also that the Egyptians at their border were shooting palestinians trying to cross at their border and I didn't hear an outcry from the Jew haters, Klaners, Muslims, or the NWO types. Is this a double standard or insanity?

There are many reasons why Israel has the Right to rid itself of Terrorists of any age, including 3 and 1/2 years old, as we are doing and most Nations would do instantly no matter what the world says. Israel is again held to another standard by the world...

The Arab League met early this week and declared that Hamas started this and they wouldn't help them, which is nothing new they never help those people. They are in fact some that have kicked out the so called palestinians to start with, if one knows their history in fact and not in common myth and legend ha is spewed by so many these days.

CNN this week had their reporter in Gaza, or a reporter they were using for updates, and in one of their shots driving down a road with an olive orchard the camera spots Rocket Launchers in the trees several times...

And last but not least there is Barack Obama's own statement about what a Nation should do when it's population is under rocket attack. Barack said they should get rid of the Terrorists, I agree with Barack on this one.

Anyways don't be surprised hen the witless show up and start making up new facts and fallacies on your post here. you will see some say that the Jews are committing Genocide, this always works when they have no other argument that is honest or factual or sane. You will see some say that the Jews started it and of course I stated they would be witless didn't I?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Just because they see it on the net does not make it true. Israel should allow unlimited access to reporters to report on anything they see.

All governments are criminals, fact. Hamas and israeli government are both criminals, but one has a massive budget and a massive high tech defence force, while the other is just a street gang, protecting there people.

Do not try to say that hamas are scum, while ignoring israels crimes.

[edit on 1/2/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm getting sick of hearing about it, to be honest. There's no question that the Palestinians got screwed 60 years ago, but here's a fact: there are plenty of people on this Earth who were given far worse deals than the Israelis have given the Palestinians. Far worse. There comes a point where you have to cut your losses against a superior force, take what they've given you, and call it a day. The Israelis have given land to the Palestinians. It may not be what they wanted, but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

The Palestinians seem incapable of grasping this concept and would prefer to fight a hopeless battle to the bitter end. One of these days, Hamas is going to launch a rocket attack and the Israelis aren't going to retaliate just by dropping bombs for a month. They're going to end it, once and for all.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I just think that is an ignorant statement. Israel has never let those in gaza have there own country in reality. Gaza is just a prison camp, and the media in the west should report what really goes on there.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Typical Hamas. They let their own people suffer and die in order to futher their cause in the media and in the minds of those that actually believe their propaganda.

I really believe that's why they set up their rocket attacks from civilian sites. They hide behind human shields and when Israel defends itself and civilians die, then Hamas cries bloody murder ... but in fact they most likely hoped for some civilian casualties so they could rub them in the noses of the journalists. :shk:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I never said it was a good deal. On the other hand, they are allowed to exist in something resembling peace, so long as they leave the Israelis alone, a luxury that many superior forces have not allowed those that they've subjugated throughout history.

Again, the Palestinians are fighting a battle that they cannot possibly win. Their resistance is pointless and causes the Israelis to further crack down against them. Until the Palestinians realize this, their situation can only deteriorate.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by vor78]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Israeli news says so, so it must be true. Its called Propaganda.

The first casualty of war is always truth.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Right you are Captive.
The truth that the people populating the Gaza Strip were placed there by Egypt from Ismailia in the Suez Canal area, a German prison camp during WWII, and Bedouins from the Sinai Desert. Refugees were moved by Egypt because they failed to negotiate a trade for part of Negeb from Israel in the summer of 1949. Once Egypt started with numbers over 300,000 it did not take long for the rest of the “Brotherhood” nations to catch on and send in many more undesirables.
Oh yes, HAMAS is such a caring group just look at their first actions in 1987. Or maybe the murders of the government in place in Gaza just prior to their “legal election” so much touted by our “free” press.
On August 21, 1949 The New York Times ran and article: Egyptians Moving Refugees to Gaza: Cairo Acts to Gain Bargaining Position if Strip Should Be Transferred to Israel.
Got History? Got Facts? Got God? No? I thought not.
Iran has far worse missiles and payloads they can send against Israel and I do not consider Iran a “street gang”.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That is the most 1 sided article i have ever read in my life. There is nothing objective, nor factual in it. Just excuse after excuse and justification for the unjustifiable.

If they don't want to harm civilians, not using chemical warfare and shooting women and children from close range would be a good place to start.

Deny Ignorance. Seek the truth, not what you want to hear.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comforter
We must all unite against the forces of terror that are now trying to take control in the form of a legal government.

Isreal elections are soon right? Is this the terror you speak of?

Hamas must NOT be allowed to win their war of propaganda. The bleeding heart liberal press in control of the US have never investigated to uncover the truth!

really now before you wag the Propaganda you did look at your source right
I mean I suspose if you used the Rabbi Kahane Times you might find a bigger piece of propaganda or perhaps ont he AIPAC website but really

Our press should be covering Somalia and also Turkeys war on the Kurds now before they too erupt into a blood bath.

Our press barely covered this atrocity but hey its Israel so it get a free pass right?

I believe this to be a better source for truth than our western media.

Actually Al Jazzera is a better source for news, this reads like Mossad created propganda

Hamas is not the victims in this. They bomb children on school buses and ice cream parlors. They are liars and cowards of the lowest kind.

And the IDF has bombed schools, busses, committed atrocities under Sharon, conducted false flag operations against it benefactor (lavon Affair) and then turn around and bomber and killed US Servicemen (Remember the liberty)

According to the Israeli government HAMAS has killed 400+ people in 20 years. The IDF killed 1200 in a few weeks (250+ children) but your right they are the heroic ones

An example must be made now for future peace. I hope people take the time to read this article so they can understand what is going on.

Yeah ethnic clense them YOU GO!!!!!!!!!! Im sure the orphans of Gaza will remember and congrats BTW you have ensure another 10-20 years of conflict. The leadership of Israel has to be even more stupid than the neocons. How exactly has this worked out for them in the past? :shk:

For God's sake support Israel.

Why? So they can kill more children? Commit genocide?

www.aish.com

If you are going to use such propaganda outlets then should I be able to use the HAMAS website as well for my talking points

[edit on 24/1/09 by Operation AJAX]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Comforter

Hamas was ellected legally just for the record

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Oh yes the election MUST have been fare and square after all HAMAS is such a humanitarian group and just because they were FORCED to take over the strip prior to the election well gosh that wouldn’t effect a vote.

Let’s look just prior to the election that is if TIME is an acceptable source:
Hamas and Fatah may have passed the point of no return. The unprecedented viciousness of the renewed fighting between the rival Palestinian factions in Gaza makes any new cease-fire difficult to envision. Gangs have tossed enemies alive off 15-story buildings, shot one another's children and burst into hospitals to finish off wounded foes lying helplessly in bed. It is beginning to feel like civil war.
Over three days, at least 70 Palestinians were killed, and 180 more were wounded, as Hamas declared control over northern Gaza. Hamas fighters are better organized and motivated than those of Fatah, the party of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas. The Bush Administration sees Abbas as more moderate and flexible than the Islamists of Hamas: Tel Aviv intelligence sources tell TIME that the U.S. is putting pressure on Israel to open up Gaza's sealed frontiers to allow in shipments of Israeli weapons to fortify Fatah. But many Israeli intelligence officers doubt that a last-minute infusion of arms could tilt the balance away from Hamas, and Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert says the Israeli military will not prop up Abbas' besieged troops.
With his control of Gaza crumbling, Abbas' only weapon is to pull out of the "unity" government with Hamas, saddling the Islamic militants with tighter international sanctions. It's a desperate tactic, but Hamas officials say they are in no mood to negotiate with Abbas. Gaza locals say Hamas has prepared a list of Fatah leaders to either arrest or execute, a move that would make a diplomatic compromise that much less likely.

www.time.com...

Mubarak calls Hamas' takeover of the Gaza Strip a 'coup' By The Associated Press
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak on Saturday described Hamas' takeover of Gaza as a "coup" and warned that the militant group's conflict with the moderate Fatah movement could lead to the creation of two Palestinian entities.

www.haaretz.com...

Hamas revels in Gaza takeover
Diaa Hadid/Associated Press
Friday, June 15, 2007
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — On Hamas' first day of full rule in Gaza, crowds looted strongholds of rival Fatah today - stripping the home of one of the party's strongmen down to the flower pots - and militants sent a man plunging to his death from a rooftop.
But the violence, which came despite a Hamas offer of amnesty for Fatah, was sporadic. Gaza's streets, deserted in the past week of fighting, were crowded with cars, pedestrians and triumphant fighters with the Islamic militant group.
At Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas' captured seaside office in Gaza City, a gunman sat down at the Fatah leader's desk

www.abqtrib.com...

With militant thugs at the helm I'm sure the voting was on the up and up
Yes, AJAX you will be hard pressed to find another view other than the one from HAMAS.
Just for laughs here is a site for you:
www.mfa.gov.il...

Al Jazeera I do tend to use for news in the middle-east. I found their report on an Indian vessels firing on a pirate boat to be very slanted. Normally it is not a bad source with fewer grains of salt than most.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Let's support peace for a change!!!

People in Palestine want peace!! Their leaders make war!
People in Israel want peace!!! Their leaders make war!

Let's support the people on both side who are suffering and not their stupid leaders...

B

top topics

join