It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost video on Abc news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
uk.youtube.com...

Hi all now ive tried a combination of searches for this video, ive got no doubt its been posted and discussed before but i cant seem to find anything. So if it has can someone link me to the existing thread?

If in the unlikely event that it hasnt been on ATS before then ill post the video link. I think its great footage. I dont know if its been debunked, but its a scrap yard where 3 of the cars brought in that night were involved in fatal accidents. The object looks quite tall. I look forward to getting redirected to a thread on this or simply the replies on here.

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If that's a ghost.... it looks like the ghost of a robot.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by daxman

Yeah I've seen that video before many times I'm not sure of the thread but I do believe it has been posted before.

I have to tell you though the story behind it does freak me out.
I wonder if the Lady, I believe it's the Lady who was involved in the fatal accident. I wonder if her soul is like in shock and does not realize she is dead yet, could be all freaked out and is going in circles looking for something or someone.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The reason why this ghost looks all roboty is because this video is made out off still frames of a camera... This camera actually takes a picture every 3 or 4 seconds or so and when you put the pictures behind each other you get this effect.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I've never seen it before. My immediate thought was that the figure looks like a dummy or guy dressed like Tin Man from Oz. Watching it twice, it also looks like stop-frame photography.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Considering the alarms never went off and the event surrounding the three cars well I wish I was there when it happened.

Too bad it was stop photography or whatever it's called. Would have loved to see it in full motion.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Whoa, the story creeped me out and I hardly ever get creeped out! I don't know what to say about the footage, could have been a number of things. I hate the frame rates on crappy security cameras.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So what are we going with? Ive not heard anyone debunk this video. No-one has suggested its the light or a carrier bag or anything like that.

For me i think its amazing footage, possibly the most authentic ive seen. It could be nothing. But what do you people think??

REAL or NOT????

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I agree if the video is real it would be some incredible evidence but I watched a show on the discovery channel or the history channel showing how they could have faked the video. It was relatively simple to fake. You just get on higher ground dangle a little figure in front of the camera. I believe there was a mirror somewhere in the scenario. The video they presented was amazingly similar to this video.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Its a doll hanging on a fishing line. The hoaxer could reach over the fence with the pole to avoid the alarm. He/she then swings the action figure/doll in a circular motion. Thought I heard it was another lot employee.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oh first debunking stuff ive seen on this. I dont know what to think. I mean if it is a hoax then yeah employees would have to be in on it. Otherwise what are the odds that they would miss the security camera footage at that time. Most people get complacent with security cameras and rarely check lol

Why Hoax it tho? Its not like its going to improve business in that line of work, cars either get written off or they dont, and its def not by choice of the drivers im sure!

Its a shame about the frame cut i think thats half the problem with the video. Anyway if its a hoax then its a damn good one. One of only a few "ghost" videos to actually freak me out!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This video is fake. Here is a link showing how it was probably created

www.rockymountainparanormal.com...

Go down to the bottom of the page, and look at the section called The Junk Yard video. This website shows how this type of effect can be created.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I remember watching that show and as a matter of fact I think I tivo'ed it...have to look. But the did very easily reproduce the footage using an action figure and monofilament. Does this explain what it was? Possibly. Did it prove it was a hoax? No. It was creepy as hell when I first this footage 3 years ago. While it can be reproduced, which is the one of the main sticking points for skeptics, something in my gut tells me something else.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I posted an anonymous reply to this thread yesterday, but i have noticed it has not been added. So I'm going to say what I said yesterday, again!

This video caught my attention ages ago, and to me it looked suspect - it seemed too good to be true! I came across this website - Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society. It has a debunking section, and if you go to this link here:

www.rockymountainparanormal.com...

and scroll down until you nearly reach the end of the page - it is under the title called 'The Junk Yard video' - it shows how the video was created.

I hope this helps!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I decided to read all the comments before watching the video, and I do have to agree that it is a fake. It just doesn't seem realistic for a ghost to just randomly circle continously, and the figure doesn't really look that convincing, the camera work doesn't help either. And plus the aforementioned methods of hoaxing, it must be fake.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
WEll yeah i mean people have been able to recreate the footage, but what cant be recreated these days? Unfortunatley CGI and photoshop, as awesome as they are, are now constantly brought up in every thread. Unless we actually see something ourselves its hard not to rule tampering out.

This footage is great, fake or not, there is something creepy about it.

new topics

top topics

join