It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t hold your breath for disclosure any time soon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You can tell from the thread title that I don’t think disclosure in going to happen anytime soon. You know, I have read so many posts that suggest disclosure is coming soon that I felt that it was worth starting a discussion why “it will be” or “won’t be” any time soon. I guess if disclosure is to take place there must be some truth in UFOs otherwise no disclosure. But we won’t get into that argument here; let’s just assume for argument sake there are UFOs visiting us.

I’ll kick off with a few thoughts; releasing of government files is not disclosure it only suggests “we don’t know what it was” disclosure is most likely several governments with practically the same speech. Something that goes along the lines of “We are being visited by what we think are aliens from another part of our galaxy” followed by some evidence that they the Governments know but we don’t. Naturally at the end of any disclosure we’ll get the “don’t be alarmed stuff”.
Politicians including leaders would be the ones to release the info probably in conjunction with military. My feeling is politicians don’t know much about the subject at all and never will if military don’t want them to know. Governments thus far have stood their ground and that’s not any easy task; or is it? When you think about how hundreds of politicians have come and gone over many years and in many countries one must wonder if any of them have been told anything – I reckon not because they couldn’t keep it secret.
Which brings us to another point that assumes that military are across the UFO situation – what if they don’t really have a handle on it. Perhaps their silence is to keep you thinking that they really do know something when in fact they know little. How can you disclose something you know hardly anything about. After all aliens that have travelled at least across our galaxy surely wouldn’t want to leave any careless information. Sure aliens may have left the odd clue but they would be able to cover up much of what they do.
IMO we will go on without disclosure for many years. If this is the case there may be no need for official disclosure it will occur by default. This is my preferred thinking currently because it allows more time for behind the scenes research….. Disclosure; can’t see it anytime soon myself.

What do you think about the politics and secrecy behind any admission of alien UFOs. I look forward to your interesting take on the subject.
Cheers all

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
But we won’t get into that argument here; let’s just assume for argument sake there are UFOs visiting us. (...)

Which brings us to another point that assumes that military are across the UFO situation – what if they don’t really have a handle on it. Perhaps their silence is to keep you thinking that they really do know something when in fact they know little. How can you disclose something you know hardly anything about. After all aliens that have travelled at least across our galaxy surely wouldn’t want to leave any careless information. Sure aliens may have left the odd clue but they would be able to cover up much of what they do.

You apparently, for the sake of argument, allow for the possibility of extra-terrestrial beings visiting Earth, but not the possibility of them leaving any traces or even crashing.

I look at it this whole thing from a slightly different perspective. I take into consideration all the cases, try to filter out all the nonsense factor that inherently comes attached to all UFO cases, try to do my own research when and if possible, and see if I’m left with any credible, or at least probable, scenarios and accounts.

I don’t believe everything in regards to cases like Roswell, but I believe too many (credible) people came forward and have similar accounts to have imagined it all, or just misidentified weather balloons, for example.

There’s a hand full of good cases of crashed UFOs. Roswell is the most known, but there’s others like the Kecksburg case (1965) and the Shag Harbor incident (1967) among others, that I find to be pretty solid. In all of them there’s indication that the Military either recovered something, or at least witnessed something that decided not to share with the public.

I agree with you that perhaps the Government/Military doesn’t have the handle on it. Even assuming that craft and beings were recovered, it doesn’t mean we can figure out how things work or where did they come from. But I’m pretty sure that whatever the true nature of UFOs and related phenomena is, the Government/Military knows more about it than we do.

IMO we will go on without disclosure for many years. If this is the case there may be no need for official disclosure it will occur by default. This is my preferred thinking currently because it allows more time for behind the scenes research….. Disclosure; can’t see it anytime soon myself.

I’m also of the opinion that disclosure won’t happen for many years, if at all. And I highly doubt that, happening, it would be initiated by the Government.

I believe the Government would only come clean after it was forced, for some reason, to disclose the information and knowledge it has on this. Them doing it willingly... I just don’t see it.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Try reading this with an open mind.
www.xeeatwelve.com...

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
Try reading this with an open mind.
www.xeeatwelve.com...

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

So do you think disclosure won't happen? Perhaps you could elaborate in your own words because I'm not sure the page helps. I'm not being sarcastic just curious.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

OK, and now what? I’m not sure what is the relevance of that.

There are thousands of stories like that on the web, but unless there’s anything tangible to go by, it’s just another story. The author provides no sources, no evidence. I don’t want to believe in something, I want to know and understand it.

Also, we were talking about what the Government might know or not, and if they would disclose it. I would rather get back to that discussion, if you don’t mind.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't think we'll see disclosure anytime soon, but the mainstream media suggests otherwise. Larry King is doing another show on UFOs tomorrow. Nice end of year.

As far as that page, anything is possible, but linking Enron with the Annunaki

[edit on 30-12-2008 by DesmoSedici]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DesmoSedici

I just checked the Larry King website and from the description of it, seems like a re-run of the June 20th program. They even have a link for the video of that program below the description of the program.

I will check it tomorrow, nonetheless, to see if it’s a new show or not. Thank you for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

You apparently, for the sake of argument, allow for the possibility of extra-terrestrial beings visiting Earth, but not the possibility of them leaving any traces or even crashing.

Good reply Danx thanks for that. I'm not ruling anything out its just that much of the evidence supposedly left by aliens is not proven or covered up depending on your thinking. But I don’t disagree with anything you have said.
I just wonder why governments would want to disclose anything after all they wouldn’t lose many votes for not doing it. I agree with your last sentence it’s basically what I suggested – that it will happen by default.
So we agree; Disclosure not any time soon ?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Disclosure within 3 years. Just a gut feeling.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I'm not ruling anything out its just that much of the evidence supposedly left by aliens is not proven or covered up depending on your thinking.

Oh, I completely agree that there isn’t much evidence, and the only evidence that I’ve ‘seen’ is based on the testimony of people that came forward, and on the actions of the Government/Military (blatantly false explanations, retraction of explanations, and so on).

Because while there are indeed some good photos and videos of UFOs, it doesn’t help us to establish the origin or nature of the object(s). And neither testimonies, Government reactions or videos and photos prove anything.

I just wanted to point out that there are indeed good solid cases where apparently and allegedly the Government/Military either came across crashed hardware and even bodies, or witnessed the phenomena first hand and didn’t reveal it’s findings.

I mentioned this because I’ve heard some people use the “maybe the Government doesn’t have anything to disclose” as if somehow that assumption is a valid reason to dismiss any efforts into pressuring the Government to open up it’s records.

While I personally do not believe the current “disclosure efforts” have much impact and influence on whoever is holding this information, I do believe that, if done right, they can help the cause on the long run.

I just wonder why governments would want to disclose anything after all they wouldn’t lose many votes for not doing it.

I go one step further: not only they would have a lot to lose from disclosing this information, I believe some people — assuming there was/is indeed a cover-up — have probably committed many crimes and would be prosecutable.

So we agree; Disclosure not any time soon ?

Yeah, at least I don’t see the Government doing it by it’s own initiative.

However, I contemplate the possibility that it could happen any time soon, if they would be forced to, but it would have to be something really extreme like a crash in a big city in the middle of the day, or some big whistleblower(s) coming forward with concrete and tangible evidence. Something they couldn’t cover-up nor deny.

Otherwise, why disclose it? It is said that highly sensitive information is on a need-to-know basis. Unless something drastic would occur that would change the current state of affairs, the public in general has no need-to-know. At least from a Governmental/Military point of view.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by danx]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I do agree that disclosure any time soon would seem unlikely. I have read many articles on "war-game" type simulations as well as the computer simulation that predicts future events and how they will unfold. Now if aliens are here and speaking to governments or corporations privately, I would think the aliens would have future prediction software to figure out how the world population would react. I would imagine that the aliens would not allow disclosure until a one world government has been put into place or something along those lines. And who is to say they have not visited other civilizations and royally screwed them up. This might be a case of trial and error and the aliens might not want to screw earth up like it screwed another planet up.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Those are good points.

One other scenario that is frequently put forward is that there might be some sort of Cosmic United Nations if you will, that ‘protect’ a particular Planet and/or civilization from exposure to a reality it might not be prepared to deal with.

There is an infinite number of possibilities one might think would explain why alien civilizations — assuming they have been/are visiting Earth — would not directly and openly disclose their existence.

Because let’s not forget that, while some believe the Government has covered-up much (I’m one of those people), the aliens themselves — more than anyone — are in the best position, and have the power, to ‘disclose’.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by danx]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by danx
reply to post by DesmoSedici

I just checked the Larry King website and from the description of it, seems like a re-run of the June 20th program. They even have a link for the video of that program below the description of the program.

I will check it tomorrow, nonetheless, to see if it’s a new show or not. Thank you for the heads up.

You're right, it definitely is a re-run. It's the 31st tomorrow and everyone is partying

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
From the current state of the technological advancements in the last 100 years - 20 years or even 5 years, i'd say it's only a matter of time until the technology the public is aware of in the future ( be it 50 to 100 years) becomes that of the secret tech we have in present day.

So it's only a matter of time realliy until the technological clock runs out that we find out the truth. Coz bout the time we reach that pinnacle stage in the future where common tech, is what is now secret tech, we will be able to know for sure if aliens really exist.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by andre18]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You can tell from the thread title that I don’t think disclosure in going to happen anytime soon. You know, I have read so many posts that suggest disclosure is coming soon that I felt that it was worth starting a discussion why “it will be” or “won’t be” any time soon.

Since you have already "read" many of these kind of threads why could you not post your reason why a disclosure is not going to happen in one of those posts instead, rather than start yet 'another' thread on the same subject?.

Rather than having just a couple of threads to look into we end up with several threads basically debating the same thing, making the subject very fragmented and difficult to follow.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The funny thing is...the "truth" slips out time and time again...

However, "disclosure" would be a deliberate "coming out" and laying the cards on the table. There are only three instances that would cause this:

1. An undeniable encounter in a public way, where both the craft and occupant/s are seen and recovered by civilian agencies, video-captured, by numerous witnesses, from different angles, etc. including press, to where it simply can no longer be denied or covered up.

2. Full understanding of the aliens' technology, weaknesses, and agenda, to where the government felt "comfortable" letting the news out.

3. The aliens end the disclosure by revealing themselves to the public...forcing the government's hand.

Other than these (and possibly a few others), there really aren't any incentives for the secret-keepers to let it out after spending decades silencing it. Do you think they will do so just because we want to know? Hardly... In fact, there's a damn good chance that disclosure would create complete and utter social breakdown, unless handled with the utmost care.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Disclosure will never ever ever come from the U.S Government. They have too much to lose financially. I do believe that much of our technology has come from reverse engineering. Not to mention the strides in military technology may have come from little "Green Men" crashing their metallic discs into earth.

If disclosure were to happen it will most likely be by a foreign country that depend on nothing from the U.S such as finances or food for obvious reasons. I don't think any country that relies on U.S aid would risk losing it to expose such a silly truth. Hell, some countries may receive aid just to keep hush hush on the topic. Regardless, we all know the government lies, they try convince us that they don't. So disclosure would just put the nail in the coffin, nobody would ever trust them again. Not that we do now...

So yeah, don't hold your breath...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The funny thing is...the "truth" slips out time and time again...
Other than these (and possibly a few others), there really aren't any incentives for the secret-keepers to let it out after spending decades silencing it. Do you think they will do so just because we want to know? Hardly... In fact, there's a damn good chance that disclosure would create complete and utter social breakdown, unless handled with the utmost care.
Gazrok, that is what will be done; the PTB are already deliberately putting the screws to the economy world wide;

promoting chaos and anarchy on a large scale would boost their agenda;Iron Mountain and Blue Beam may be un-substantiated, but still lead to what if...?

Until a fleet of ships parade thru the skies and land in numerous places it will be the same ol song and dance; even then most would claim they were the governments unless some bizarre life form scooted out and said "Boo!"

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freelancer

You can tell from the thread title that I don’t think disclosure in going to happen anytime soon. You know, I have read so many posts that suggest disclosure is coming soon that I felt that it was worth starting a discussion why “it will be” or “won’t be” any time soon.

Since you have already "read" many of these kind of threads why could you not post your reason why a disclosure is not going to happen in one of those posts instead, rather than start yet 'another' thread on the same subject?.

Rather than having just a couple of threads to look into we end up with several threads basically debating the same thing, making the subject very fragmented and difficult to follow.

You will find that I kicked off with my thoughts on why there won’t be disclosure any time soon. Perhaps you skipped that part.

This tread is to ask point blankly why you think “it will be” or “won’t be” any time soon. True there have been threads but disjointed in themselves unless I’ve missed something. In any event time ticks on and things change and option change so to look at it afresh I think is a logical thing to do. Example; Obama will be the president to give disclosure – to stay on topic in this tread will discuss why he will or won’t. I disagree this thread is not fragmented it is very specific. The world is bigger than the US and so too is ATS.

I don’t want to argue your point if moderators think we should discontinue this line and point to another I’m happy with that, up to now no one has complained.

Thus far there have been some excellent responses and I encourage you to return with yours.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Not necessarily as if contact has already been made (roswell or something else) they prob have some deal with them not to disclose without their authority. The sighings are either our own back engineered craft or other species who didnt sign off on the whole thing.
The government has been so effective at playing off the whole UFO situation as bunk-chinese lantirns, flares, swamp gas ect the public buys off on this every single time, along with the media so its basically 'in plain site' they do whatever they want, the general population is essentially 'culturally blind' to ANYTHING 'out-of-this-world' ya get me??

Because let’s not forget that, while some believe the Government has covered-up much (I’m one of those people), the aliens themselves — more than anyone — are in the best position, and have the power, to ‘disclose’.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by danx]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join