It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experience during sleep paralysis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Some people are closed minded, they can only see a few feet in front of their self. So to be alive and not relizes all the possiblties before you. The universe is so complex that it is not possible to even consider what is really possible.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
An experience I would like your opinion of:

[/ There are quite a few threads going on, about this subject current on ATS, right now that may help you others are having some of same.
But check out the lucid dream thread or astral projection thread they may help you to understand more.
Don't know if read this entire thread, but these things happen, and knowledge of most of this has been hidden, and kept from most]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I used to have similar experiences(as the op.) My body would tingle and was ALWAYS preceded by a ringing in my head that grew louder until the body tingle. I was always far too afraid to let it go. The first time it happened I felt like I was being assaulted by alien things and they had put something down my throat. After several years of sparse events(all of which I fought off) I finally gave in. That one time I gave in I heard voices speaking to me...I do not know what they were saying but I felt that they were coming from the other cabins in my neighborhood, as if I had extra sensory powers. Then I started to leave my body...the pull was definitely upwards with my feet leaving first and my head being the anchor. As I looked at my two bodies I sort of freaked out and forcefully fell back into myself. It has never happened since. That was the last time it fully struck me. This was about 4 years ago. Last spring I had one instance of the ringing. I have had a growing interest in shamanism and the spirit world lately...I kind of wonder if I missed an oppurtunity or if perhaps I did a good job and fought off some malevolent invader?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
An experience I would like your opinion of:

When I was a child - between 8 - 14 years old, when I was falling asleep, I sometimes experienced a low weird buzzing sensation throughout my body - accompanied by what I can only describe as hundreds of distant voices - I could not pick any one out, there were far too many - the noise would begin to build to an unbearable level.

It terrified me so I would get up - put on the lights and try to do anything (read, get a drink, find another family member to talk to) to take my mind off it until it subsided.

One night, I was about 10, I was falling asleep, the weirdness began again - but I was too far into sleep to stop it.
I spent the entire night in what I can only describe as torture

I was awake (I am certain it was not a dream) in an huge black void - I could see nothing the voices surrounded me - so loud, it was deafening - I was lying on my back in the void - the back of my head was resting upon the point of a sharp rock (the rest of my body was suspended on nothing) the back of my head and neck hurt like hell and I was completely unable to move ( apart from my head a little) I was trying to shout out - but my voice was paralysed.

The one night felt like it lasted for about a month.

As a usually calm and sensible child - I was so hysterical and upset the following morning, my mum called the doctor - who examined me to no avail.

I was terrified to go to bed after this experience.
The weird sensation recurred from time to time but I always got up and managed to stop it.

That was 28 years ago and my blood still runs cold when I think about it -

Was this sleep paralysis or something more ?

This was sleep paralysis where the mind and body detach. It generally starts from the feet, with the sensation of the the feet going up in the air 90 degrees with your head being the fulcrum. The head is the hardest to cross over and that seems to be where you were stuck, most likely from fear. Let go of the fear in crossing over (but keep your wits about you once crossed over).

Rather than the simple scenario of lying on your back and imagining the 90 degree turn with your head being the fulcrum, you can try:

1) Rolling over to your side (see CaveMan's excellent thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

2) What I was shown, which is imagining yourself twisting upwards, beginning with your feet, just like the normal (Monroe's) way, but on both x and y axis.

Cheers!

All that I know is that I know nothing -Socrates

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hi there , am going to read your post in detail, ponder over it & then post back very soon; i read it very quickly & i felt empowered by a male dominance/presence & claustrophobia. Will post further response tonight.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I totally understand what you are talking about. You may just be laying down, and suddenly enter an almost lucid dreaming state. But its not like all the other lucid dreams, you can actually feel your body being effected. Its almost like someone is touching your soul when you have these events. A lot of them time, the dream parts dont make sense, but its just such a powerful feeling, you feel the need to reflect and write about it. I do wake myself within a few minutes, because its almost such an awkward and almost uncomfortable feeling, you dont want to see what happens. A lot of the times, it almost feels if I am slowly dieing inside....lets just hope that isnt the case haha.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by False Harmony

I got a question False Harmony in regards to your post. Lemme quote ya...
"When one experiences a 'shadow person' they are infact experiencing the transition of the higher self returning to the physical body from their travels. This experience can be heightened through an individual having irregular sleeping patterns, extensive tiredness and so fourth. As the human is in a transitional state between being asleep and awake the realities become merged (this one and the higher realm)... "

One time, when i was struggling against a bout of sleep paralysis..i saw the shadow of something crossing in front of my face. My eyes where closed but it was a full moon...light was coming in my window. Anyways, when i saw this "shadow" cross infront of me (its like looking at a light source and crossing your hand in front. Even though your eyes are closed you can still tell when something crosses infront of said light source) i kinda wigged out and swatted at something in front of my face...thats when i realized i could move again..after i saw that shadow cross.

Once again, i appericate all the feed back i've been getting on this topic. It's been years since i've had this and i never told anyone, not even my family or friends, heh. ATS rocks people!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I've had this but before I had my first one I immersed myself in abduction stories so that DID NOT help me when I was in the state (as if I was asleep but watching my body).

In this state I felt a huge amount of fear and ETs came into my room.

The second time I had sleep paralysis I fought it because I didn't want the last experience to happen again. I got a glimpse of a ET in my room and then it ended. Woke up scared #less.

It feels as If your body is numbing, you feel as if you can stop it, but its like a mild pleasure to let it go. In my third I tried moving my arms to no avail and desperately get out of it (I was on my side) then I concentrated all my energy to my head and imagined it all being released at once, pumping myself and regained control and "woke up".

Hehe I got the idea from an anime about ninjas called Naruto where they dispell genjutsu. Funny that it worked for me. Even had the handsign.

Not sure I want to revisit it, not sure I trust my mind to be gentle with me

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Unfortunately no..i don't hear anything.

But in dealing with my years of sleep paralysis, i have found out that leaving my TV on with no sound (just that funny high pitch tv noise) pretty much keeps it at bay. I believe it because its projection lights or something, i dunno..hehe.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by False Harmony

I got a question False Harmony in regards to your post. Lemme quote ya...
"When one experiences a 'shadow person' they are infact experiencing the transition of the higher self returning to the physical body from their travels. This experience can be heightened through an individual having irregular sleeping patterns, extensive tiredness and so fourth. As the human is in a transitional state between being asleep and awake the realities become merged (this one and the higher realm)... "

Hopefully you'll count this among the great feedback you got on ATS. False Harmony is completely full of bunk. FALSE preaches that everything one encounters is "false" or yourself or fear itself. That the only thing to fear is fear itself. There are no demons. There are no malevolent aliens. There are no other people astral projecting or practicing whatever craft they belong to that can ever affect you or harm you.

I just beg everyone to use their common sense.

I can't wait to read the flowery, New Age.. ohh you unenlightened broadcaster of negative energy holding people back line of crap accusation from him/her/it in response from FALSE

There is at least as much to worry about when asleep or projecting as when you are awake... unless you live in Sugar Valley, just down the hill from Cotton Candy Mountain!

I'm laughing my ass off really. Yes, fear is a barrier to overcome. But only in the sense a soldier must overcome his/her fear to fight effectively... or to leap out of the plane and rely on your chute.. or to cross over into the unknown... well, you get...

RIGHT????

[edit on 8-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Here is a generally GREAT tip for dreaming/lucid dreaming/astral projection!

1) remembering your dreams is generally a prerequisite to vivid dreaming and OBE (if you don't remember them, they may as well not have happened, right?)

2) and vivid dreaming experiences are generally a perquisite to "sleep paralysis"/"body buzzing"

3) finally, "sleep paralysis"/"body buzzing" is generally a perquisite to astral projection / Out of Body of Experience

I say "generally" in all three cases because it is just so. Many will skip some or all of these.

I am giving this tip to start this chain of achievements.

Drink a lot of purified water just before sleeping so you have to wake up to pee. Jot down a quick note when you do so pertaining to your dream, even if you think its an insignificant one. Later, you will recall all or most of that dream just from that short note. Write the details in a dream log. In essence, you are training yourself to remember your dreams. This will set a framework of experience in which to start being proactive (lucid dream), then the rest.

That's all. Would not recommend it to people further along unless they suddenly stop experiencing altogether (in case they perhaps they simply stopped remembering).

"I want to feed the pigeons today" -Nikola Tesla when asked by a reporter what more he wanted to achieve in his lifetime

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga
reply to post by googolplex

There is a difference between lucid dreaming and fully conscious astral vehicle use. It takes years. Few travelers even realize they are in the 4th dimension when in the astral.

I just re-read this and must have missed it earlier. I have a physics background. I used to work for the USAF as a contractor, an engineer long ago.

I refer to this "4th dimension" as hyperspace. Technically, not a dimension as n-dimensions go (time would be the 4th dimension is such a case). But rather a state of perception transcending linear space-time. Anyone whose seen it knows what I'm speaking of. It's both beautiful and terrible, like being in the dark sea for the first time.

I started a new thread. It's probably off topic for you but I would appreciate your insights.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
e-mail me [email protected]... I can sense the room around me as I'm being pulled. Feel the covers come off me, the rug, the walls around be as i'm lifted in the air by this force, and even sense a hand of some sort, though I'm not sure what is in my mind and what is simple out of body sensory... email me anyways, we'll talk

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have been going through what you mentioned for the last 10 years. Youre right you can feel it comming and most of the time I fight really hard to break it. Once it starts you have to just get out of bed or it will come back. This is what I did and it helped alot. For a while I let myself go in to the sleep coma just to get comfortable knowing that it was just my mind. When you are in sleep paralysis you have to stay calm or youll freak yourself out. Best thing to do is buy one of those relaxation cds and play is before you sleep. Try taking a hot shower at night and then stretch before going to bed and the keep it playing while you sleep. Hope this helps good luck

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkPassenger

I have experienced sleep paralysis as well. It is horrible. Although I do not get the "hag on my chest" feeling. I do feel a sense of evilness and I can absolutely feel it coming on. I get what feels like an electric pulse which starts in my chest and moves outward toward my shoulders and follows the beat of my heart.

I have also, maybe 3-4 times felts the sensation of being dragged down my bed/couch. I think that is even scarier...but that I do not "feel" coming on...all the sudden it just happens. I did not even consider the relation and I was glad to see your post. Thanks! I have never fought it, as I am too scared and have been scared in the past to open my eyes and see myself actually being dragged. I can't fight that kind of horror to open my eyes. But it happens at the onset of sleep, but I at a point at which I am no where near to actually being asleep. I am lucid enough to be out of my mind horrified.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I had terrible sleep paralysis when i was younger. In the beginning it was like waking up but then getting the feeling of bein dragged down by something or someone. I don't know why , but even though i didn't see what was "under" me i knew it was dark and that i had to fight to wake up.
Everytime its a struggle thats just unbeliveable because it is so hard.

These days i can get signs to the same problem if i am aware that i am falling asleep. It can be a very strong feeling of terror that makes me get otu of the bed and wait a while.

Now i take medications. It has reduced the incidens but sometimes i think they now might happend without me knowing about it anymore.

But it is such a strong tremendus feeling of fear, losing control.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think i used to experience this during my younger years but never new what it was. (I was about 4 years young at the time) When i was younger i would have nightmares....CONSTANTLY.!!!! because i was "traumatized" by this old horror show, Tales from the Crypt, the "host" was known as the crypt keeper that look like a skeletal decomposing body (look it up for more details, also look at a pic)... but anyways, as i previously stated, i was about 4, and you can imagine the fear a little kid after seeing this. After seeing it I would always have nightmares about him basically every night till I was a teen. But back to topic, over time I realized that I would get THIS specific "feeling" right before i would have THAT nightmare as i was falling asleep, I then started to associate THIS with THAT and would stop it any time I would get THIS feeling. Now for about 10 years, any time I got THIS feeling I instantly MAKE myself wake up and would be left with these weird sensations.... SUPER HEAVYness, drenched in sweat, the feeling of "rising back into reality"..??

I have never really "explored" this before and until recent years, juss realized it could be something totally different. So the next time I get THIS feeling i'll juss ride it out and see where it takes me.... even if it is back to the nightmare I wont be scared cause i basically grew out of it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join