It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experience during sleep paralysis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Okay everyone i would like your input on this, from those that know something or anything similar to it.

I am a sufferer of sleep paralysis. I get it sometimes as often as 3 to 4 times a week, then sometimes i won't have an episode for months. I know that the "experts" say it comes with hallucinations and intense feelings of fear..i have experienced those.

But what i have experienced while under sleep paralysis, no one seems to mention. First of all, when i feel it coming on (YES i can feel sleep paralysis creeping up on me) I get really tired for no reason and i get a tingling sensation all over my body.

Thats when things get kind of weird because if i let the sensation progress and make no attempts to break free of sleep paralysis (sort of emerge myself in it...to scarred to try honestly) i have a distinct sensation of being physically pulled. I am honest with this...it feels like someone is actually trying to pull me down or out of the bed even though i am lying down.

Any insight into what this pulling sensation is would be extremely appreciated.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's your muscles completely and totally relaxing. Try fighting it and your muscles will tense up and you won't feel the dragging down sensatioin anymore. I have sleep paralysis also and love it honestly. Fighting it gives me a rush. Fight it, you will love the sensation it gives you.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've been following a thread here on ATS about "out of body experiences". What you are describing sounds exactly like an OBE. Skim this thread and see what you think...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
thanks, i'll give it a read, alotta pages thou!

I would like to point out that i've had this going for years. It started while in my teens, while i didn't know what it was called, i was also able to have Lucid dreams at the same times

[edit on 30-12-2008 by cenpuppie]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I,ve been getting sleep paralysis for over 30 years.
They are totally different from "obes". I say this because I practice " Astral travel".
Sleep paralyisis normally comes through lack of sleep over a few days.
The body falls asleep before the brain which leaves you paralised but either hallucinating or frightened and unable to move.
Some people actually think that a ghost is sitting on their chest because they dont understand why they cant move.
I dont enjoy the feeling at all.
When it happens to me, I can only move my lips slightly but I am able to make enough noise (grunting and trying to say "wake me up!") as to wake my wife and she shakes me till i,m awake.
I then have to stay awake for at least 10 mins, otherwise I,ll go into another one.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is often a pre-cursor to OBEs. That feeling of being pulled, falling, and so on - if you keep going with it - will result in seperation from your physical self. I know this because its the main way I use for astral projection. Although, I often roll off of my bed from a sleep paralysis state, but have fell through the bed on some occasions.

Many times you may hear sounds, loud rushing noises like a train running through your room, or voices talking to you. These are hypnagogic and occur when in between sleep and wake states. This is exactly where you want to be when attempting to have an OBE.

I have written many threads on this exact topic, so please feel free to search for sleep paralysis, OBE, astral projection, and some of them terms. I think you will find exactly what you are looking for, although you may be a bit suprised that you almost just had an OBE.

Best of luck with your research.

Also. If i get more time later on, U2U me and i'll respond with a very detailed explanation, and can answer any questions you may have. I am very experienced in astral projection as well as lucid dreaming, and sleep paralysis in general. These are 100% real experiences and open up a doorway to things so amazing that words cannot explain.

Im at work right now so sorry for such a short post. Take care and next time don't fight it, but instead tell yourself you are now going to seperate from your physical body. Often it will be accompanied by a pop, but for me I just feel myself roll out of my bed onto the floor, and when I open my eyes I am actually laying next to my body (a bit scary the first few times you see it, but nothing to be afraid of)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

I get the same thing! It's like a wave of tiredness coming over you? The first time that happened to me I was so freaked out and not sure what was happening that I tried banging on the wall to 'wake myself up'. I can feel it coming on too, usually I can shake it off and then fall asleep normally. One time, though, I let it happen out of curiousity and my whole body started to tingle like you mentioned, but then I got this weird vibration in the center of my chest, it felt like a blender going off inside....sounds stupid, but it reminded me of that movie Alien when the creature bursts out of that one guy's chest...I have no idea what that was...!

It does sound like your body is attempting to have an OBE though. There is a lot of information about such experiences on these boards, just do a search...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
cenpuppie,

may I ask you a question? do you feel the pulling sensation from your lower torso and legs in an upward direction?

I've been having these experiences and more than I care to share at this time for about 10 years.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSpark

Wow! i appreciate all of the feed back and insight i've been given. Seems to me like i have a natural calling..this has been going on for years, it first started in my teens.

I'll take a look at those OOBE threads. I don't know if i had a natural OOBE before but when i was younger one time i had fallen asleep on my friends couch, only to partially wake up in sleep paralysis. What's so weird is that i was trying to fight it and suddenly..it was like a pop without the noise..i could move and everything i could see seemed wavy like i was looking at things in crystal clear water. Anyways, my i remember getting up and saying "Look at me, i broke free!" And my friend looked at me and said "No your not, your still lying on couch" I turned around and lo and behold i saw myself sleeping on the couch! I scared me sh--less and then i really woke up.

But yea, this has been going on for awhile, i wonder if OOBE is a natural talent or something...sometimes with this pulling sensation i have the feeling that something is pulling me.

The pulling sensation is kind of..awkward i would say. Sometimes i feel like someone is pulling my legs or lower body like you say. Sometimes its my whole body that gets that sensation.

The pulling sensation is horizontal most of the time. Sometimes i feel like i'm drifting downwards..its kinda hard to tell. Other times it feels like my whole body is being dragged away. Once, the pulling sensation was so strong, i thought i was going to get pulled right out of the bed, i mean it felt like a grown man was trying to pull me out the bed.

Next time it occurs, i'll ride it out (it still terrifies me, cuz it defies what should happen logicallly.)

[edit on 30-12-2008 by cenpuppie]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I can definitely relate to the feeling you're talking about, with me, as I'm usually laid on my side, it feels like someone's got a hold of my arm and they're pulling me to lay on my back, though I'm not actually moving. Weirdly, if I try and pull out of it, it feels like I'm being pulled the other way, though again, I don't usually move.

Good to know some other people can feel sleep paralysis coming on though, most people I know that have it say it just appears out of nowhere..whereas most of the time I can feel it coming..but am just usually too tired to try to pull out of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga

Definitely have this checked out by your physician.

Ah... my friend speaks more negatives.

Well, ascended one, please be civil. Surely someone who has achieved such "grace" would not be mean (the older "base" meaning of the term).

If you have non-self-induced OBE experiences or a notion of hyperspace or anything else to share, please do so in a positive light.

Nobody here insulted you yet that I know of.

Have you ever involuntarily experienced "body buzz", or pulling or spinning experience?

Have you ever rotated at 90 degrees squared?

Where were you then?

Well, this is the topic of this thread, not a battle of occult vs. religion.

I experience both voluntary and involuntary OBE into hyperspace and I'll share that information here.

All that I know is that I know nothing. -Socrates

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Some people have entities that induce OOBE's. My one friend Dawn was projected by an angel, my sisters best friend yesterday told me he had a "dark figure" pull him out of his body and he said his life flashed before his eyes. Often assisted OOBE's are to show you something, they're not malevolent, they're just a bit freaky considering you aren't the one in control of it. I asked for an angel to try and help me and i'm pretty sure they were giving it a lot of effort, but no go. Oh well. Thanks for trying. Hey best of luck to ya with the OOBE's.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Funny, the mod removes a valid statement for no reason.

If someone (poster, in this case) has lower torso/legs sensations as described, it can be either physically related (DVT, RLS, etc.), or spiritually related (OOB, AP, etc.).

If you are not inclined to believe in astral projection and related, then perhaps it's physical. I suggested seeing a doctor, because my wife also suffers from RLS for years, and never experienced an OOBe in her life (46).

Many others have responded in exact same way on ATS. I have posted more than once that these feelings can be both physical and subtle, depending where one is in their outlooks, or what the origins are.

Since you are familiar with the old '90 degree phase-shift', then perhaps you were being coy about your unshared OOB experience (as said, read post), and are not in any actual physical danger.

This is not combat; I make the call as I see it. Post after post I have mentioned how AP and similar experiences are often related to spiritual development, but not in everybody. Surprise.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by SS,Naga]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
It's your muscles completely and totally relaxing. Try fighting it and your muscles will tense up and you won't feel the dragging down sensatioin anymore. I have sleep paralysis also and love it honestly. Fighting it gives me a rush. Fight it, you will love the sensation it gives you.

totally dude! I get pissed off when i wake up and I can't move. Then it's personal. I'll lift my arm up in the air and be like roooaaar in my head lol. never seen any of these "figures" people talk about.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I guarantee you, if you stop fighting the SP, and learn to stop thinking, period, during the sequences (episodes), and practice or learn some astral projection exercises, you will embrace the possibility of experiencing fully conscious exteriorization.

I think a lot of people posting on ATS are confused; I've read many of your postings, and have taken note that you are not one of them.

Frankly, I think you can alter this 'rush' direction, and do as I suggest. Fighting it is like fighting puberty: it is the growth of the inner body (the Double), and is a spiritual maturing phase. The SP passes after you develop the double, never to return! It's not needed. It hangs on people like a slow-motion phase or stage, that most feel discomfited by. Use it, and evolve.

However, this is not true for all: some are experiencing the more coarse, physical aspects of SP only, and are not experiencing much or anything in the line of inner awakening/development.

Maybe someone on here will explain their knowledge of the 90 degree phase shift, hmmm? That would help others, I think, for it is exquisitely valid with SP.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga
reply to post by heyo

Maybe someone on here will explain their knowledge of the 90 degree phase shift, hmmm? That would help others, I think, for it is exquisitely valid with SP.

I'll bite. Being pulled or spontaneously pivoting 90 degrees on both axis is quite different than any other perspective shift. It usually originates from the feet towards the head. But he's being tugged every which way, so let's move back to the basics or u2u me.

Cheers.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by SuperSpark]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I almost was the first person to post on this thread, but said, heck, wait a bit. Bam! It's got some good advice, already.

You sort of play a low profile, I see! Well, can't blame ya.

The shifting works for some, it seems, but not for others.

I think if anyone's going to utilize SP for projection, the easiest method is the roll-out. I don't care for it, myself, and have only ever experienced that method once. But it is the most common! I always tell folks to study and practice during the day and during meditation: it's like pre-birthing classes; the preparation serves you well when it's time to 'come out.'

reply to post by cenpuppie

So many people are surprised/shocked by the SP when it happens. You sound like you're in the right state for the double to eject spontaneously. The fear must be overcome: this is not talk, this is necessary. It's the birthing into the unknown, and believe me, it happens to everybody. The one's with more knowledge and courage get through it; you can, too.

Next time you experience SP, immediately quiet your mind into a 'no-thought' state; remove all thought, all fear thought, and let it sequence itself out. Pre-prepare yourself via visualization for this SP state, and train yourself to automatically step from your body. You may have a helper on the other side (this is not always good! They get carried away, and can be overly insistent). Since you've seen your physical body, got over the shock, great! SP, in spiritually evolving individuals (not everybody is at this state, mind; some SP is not the urging of the double) means you have the chance to develop the Energy Double. It is just like birthing vibrations, only for the 'spirit vehicle(s).' Trust me: go with it as I've indicated: do not interfere with the SP with the active, conscious mind. (I went through this, too, and endless others have also!) Luck!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
during my next episode, i'll take your advice. Better than nothing

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I try not to give advice (I usually only ask questions and make observations), however, I agree with the "quieting the conscious mind" as part of both the necessary mechanics and to suppress your instinctive fear of the unknown.

I can't help much mention that this other "you" being coaxed out has his own quiet discernment that should never be suppressed . By discernment I mean one's ability to discern if another animal, mineral, vegetable or anything is either malevolent or benevolent, either a threat or not, either a wolf or a sheep or that other wolf/sheep scenario

Its unfortunate that so many espouse a love-fest on the other side. Just as here, it takes all kinds -good, bad and indifferent. Some are predators, some are at war, many offer help, not all of that latter are sincere (I'm talking about "there", not here on this thread).

In time, I believe you'll find it too is a crowded and challenging world, but one which offers you so much of that splendid childhood awe you probably just barely remember. Have fun.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join