It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interstate Fences?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I would like to think in the event an unconstitutional form of government came to power (too late on that one) and began to take away citizen’s rights (well ok, way too late on that one) that there would be saboteurs as well.

These would be your sadistic deviant types who enjoyed disrupting things like convoys and rail cars and runways by rendering them temporarily useless. The really sadistic types would likely ambush these bogged down forces as they struggled to open the route.

The fence likely wouldn’t do much to thwart this resistance but the hole in it that they came through could not only bottle up a retreat but provide a good tracking point to start hunting them down.

This is why I suggest a good sturdy pair of really tall stilts or an exceptionally springy pogo stick! You know for sadistic deviant types.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

We were looking pretty hard for them the whole way down. We didn't see one. There were places we could see a long way and there was no evidence of any fencing.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I didn't bother reading the entire thread to see if your question had been answered or not. The fences are put up alog interstates/highways to keep deer from crossing. That is all.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Fences are put up to keep locals from creating their own freeway exits and entrances. Lot of people hate to have to drive right past their home for ten or fifteen miles to an exit then have to drive back. Here in the south we have the good ole boys with their 4X4's and monster tires that love off-roadin'........they can run down the cyclone fencing but that barb-wire is anchored and will flat out break their axles. As for keeping out deer, you have obviously never seen a deer leap. As for keeping out people....not a chance, i have crossed them (and the interstate)several times out of necessity. it wasn't that hard.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Was that humor?

I have seen many deer leap. The fences are there for deer. The gov is not going to spend millions of dollar to keep a few rednecks from driving off the interstate. It is just not that much of a problem. Cars hitting deer is a major problem though. The NHTSA said that over 1 million deer are struck by cars every year. This results in a billion dollar loss for insurance companies. You don't think they will allow that to happen do you? Why should they when they can have fences put up using tax dollars?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
Fences are put up to keep locals from creating their own freeway exits and entrances. Lot of people hate to have to drive right past their home for ten or fifteen miles to an exit then have to drive back. Here in the south we have the good ole boys with their 4X4's and monster tires that love off-roadin'........they can run down the cyclone fencing but that barb-wire is anchored and will flat out break their axles. As for keeping out deer, you have obviously never seen a deer leap. As for keeping out people....not a chance, i have crossed them (and the interstate)several times out of necessity. it wasn't that hard.
i want barb wire thatll break axles. puttin it up around my house. NOBODY will get thru that stuff! but he is kind of right. used to have a house i rented that was directly off 95 and had to go down 3-4 miles to get there. i cut a few trees down (dont burn me people, i used em for firewood too) moved some debris, and voila! my own little exit ramp. it was 15 years ago, way before a fence went up, though

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Since we are throwing caution to the wind here let’s try tying together some of the pieces and see what we get.

Okay, the buzz about the net is that our government has sold out to china a portion of the US as collateral for our debt.

If this is true then that state now becomes a part of China and technically a foreign country. We can not let foreigners have access to the still intact portion of our country so we will have to have some way of being able to identify who belongs and who doesn’t.

Now that would also mean that we would no longer be able to utilize our old driver’s licenses outside of our states of residence. We all would have to have national ID cards with embedded chips so we would know would was crossing our state lines and who belongs and who doesn’t.

They probably won’t force you to get the card but if you refuse you are stuck in the area of your registered address. If caught outside of that area or in another state without your card will be thought of as an illegal alien and will be processed through one of the nice friendly FEMA camps. You will have to wait your turn so you will stay there until they get the time to process your paperwork and anyone that has ever done business with the Federal government knows how speedy of a process that is.

Just an idea. Just an idea.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by NightSkyeB4Dawn]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
and a very probable idea at that. thats why i love this sight. so much brain power and independent thought. i could very well see that happening. or maybe that we sold the hiway system to china, and they want it protected?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
and a very probable idea at that. thats why i love this sight. so much brain power and independent thought. i could very well see that happening. or maybe that we sold the hiway system to china, and they want it protected?

That sounds like a good idea and if that is the case then watch for the building of toll booths.

They have to pay for those fences and they will come to us for their pound of flesh.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
we already pay diguised tolls. taxes, and lots of em go to the hiway system. especially fuel tax. i think a little over a dollar a gallon on gas, and maybe more on diesel fuel

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join