It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone thought of asking for less then minimum wage to get a job?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
So what happened? The first has come. I may be freezing but not starving,how 'bout y'all?No answer would indicate bad to worse,or???

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sistinas
Why would it be illegal? And I am a woman. A 42 yrs woman at that. I really don't think they would take me over a younger man for those kind of jobs.

so, while your living on one dollar an hour, just how are you making ends meet? I'm a 50 year old lady who has to make a certain amount of money for us to pay the bills. if my boss could get away with paying you a dollar an hour, just why would he pay me what he is? and, well, if he forced me to take a pay cut to one dollar an hour, our little house of cards would tumble...which would play it's part in affecting the overall economy. if you want the wages in the country to go down that low, I would advise that you work towards reducing the cost of living down to an equilvalant amount...since that's the only way that it would really work. otherwise we have a bigger mass of people who are working, but just not making enough to keep their family fed, clothed and sheltered. and, who will they be depending on to help them out if not us all american taxpayers!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hearing something like this makes me sad with all the money being sent to 3rd world countrys why not take care of our own,wish you lived close OP I'd help you out

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thing are getting better. I did apply for food stamps back in Nov. When I applied they said I would get my card with in 5 days. Well it did not come, and when i would call the lady about why it did not come she was never in her office and her voice mail box was always full. So I had to walk back over to the office. The office is 2 towns away. They don't have one in my county. So I get there and she looks it up and she had forgotten to have the card sent. I had to call the card lost number to have a new one sent out. So i get this guy on the phone I could hardly understand a word he was saying. His accent was so heavy. I really did not expect it. It made me think 1. he just got to this country or 2. he was not in this country and the government has outsourced the call card jobs. But any way the lady felt so bad about it she gave me $20.00. I finally got my food card on the 5th. Food problem solved.

I went and talk to the landlady. She is an old lady and has not children. She lives on a working farm. I live in the house she grow up in. It was a 3 room house. Her dad build the kitchen and bathroom on it. It is a drafty old house but the roof don't leek.Well any way her nephew had been coming over and helping her take care of all the animals. He lives far away. She offered his job to me for rent and a little money a month. This works out very good for me and the boys. They get to learn about farm life, and we also get free milk and eggs. Home problem solved.

I get on the inter net at the library. It is where I apply for jobs that only take apps online.

My oldest sons father died when he was very little. My second sons father makes $22.00 a hour and lives in Utah. I have tried for years to get the child support he owes me.

I hope this answers everyone's questions. For those you that were worried I hope this helps. For those you that did not believe me. Fine don't believe me I really don't care if you do. And for the one who said I should sale my body. You have a very cold black heart.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sistinas

Thanks for giving us an update

Sounds like at this point, you're better off than you were when you first posted, which is good news. I'm sure you've probably done everything you could to get the funds your ex owes you. How a guy who has the ability can just not help take care of his children is way beyond me. But just in case, here's some good info about dealing with deadbeat dads.

Here's hoping 2009 provides a big upswing for you.

[edit on 1/8/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I live in the UK If i could i would give you a job but

A i dont know how many kids you got

And B it would be a squeeze in my house... however if push comes to shove i would help you.

Im in the UK there must be someone in the US whoi can help this Lady! geeez

I thought this website was about denying ignorance

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Good to hear from you.I also do a bit of farm hand work,talk about yer buck an hour...Glad you're not tempted into sex work,seems a dead end.Farm work can be dangerous too.Horses kick and bite and squeeze.Mostly try to not startle them.Horses have a long unforgiving memory,so don't lose temper and hit one or you will regret.It looks good on the resume,too,farm hand=reliable.I think a free bike would help with all the walking,I see 'em all over the nearest college town,abandoned for another.You'll not forget this time,nor will the kidlets,so finding the sweet with the bitter now will also not be forgotten.Bless us all.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

That sounds good. Goes to show when you put your mind to it things work out.

I hate hearing about fathers who don't man up and help their own kids. That's a shame.

Good luck!

I second that comment about someone living near you, maybe they can help, who knows. In these days something like that is rare, it would be nice to see it happen.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You have internet, I would suggest going to garage sales and reselling your purchased items on ebay and the likes to turn a profit. I have heard many success stories from this endeavor. Remember you will make your money on volume, so prepare to have a big stock of items and see how it goes, Good luck!

AAC

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Glad to hear you are in a better situation,every time I read storys like this reminds me of my own kids,if they were ever in trouble they know they have va place to stay,but good for you at least you are forging ahead without being in dire straits

top topics

<< 1   >>

join