It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protective Animal Spirit?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hello ATSers! This is just about my 8th post or so.. and im fairly new. so Hi! :]

I wasn't sure whether this should go in mythical beasts (soon you will see why its not in there) or here.

Obviously.. i concluded that it belonged in here.

So.. my entire life, since i was a little girl, i always felt connect to the 'paranormal' world.

But this experience had me weirded out.

i would see a large cat.. brown or black.. in the corner of my eye. I would look.. but it just wasn't there. Looked like the size of a large dog or so..but i knew it was like a cat. It wasn't at a certain time of the day or anything.. just anytime.. and i never knew what it was.. just kind of had a hunch. I asked my dad and he said maybe i have an animal spirit protecting me.. but i never understood why.

Does anyone have an explanation?

Or am i just on some random brain juice high?

Edit: Also, i connect with my dog really well. She knows when im upset, and when i feel worried. But then again.. ive had her for 12 years. Shes old.. and i can sense when she is in pain even when she is just sitting there staring at me.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by lovelyn]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I believe we all have protective spirits around us. They can be in any form they wish to be in.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I second that! I believe that Native Americans also talk about this in some areas.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
We all have guardian spirits. They are here to help us. When you see them you should pay attention to what you are doing at the time. Pay attention to what you are feeling especially, what are you thinking? These things are related to how and why the spirits present themselves to us. Also, they sometimes say hello to us when we are compelled to look at the clock at odd times. Like 11:11 or 12:12 etc.. my personal number is 4:44, do you have one? Yes, think about it.

Our personal animals, pets, are always close to us. They are here to heal us and to be with us in our journey. They are lifted spiritually by this. By helping us. Haven't you noticed that your dog can melt away your stress? Make you feel loved? That is why they are here. To show us we are loved and to help us love others. It is a spiritual healing process.

-Namaste

[edit on 29-12-2008 by Spirit Warrior]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Have you ever seen the movie The Golden Compass, with Nicole Kidman? Thats what I compare these experiences to. When I researched this phenomenon about 2 years ago I found out that a lot of people say that they remember imaginative pets that they used to play with. A friend of mine used to see a lion and she would wait for him to get in the car when she was like 4 or 5, but like all thing "imaginative" we lose our eyes. Its strange because its always age 7 or 8 that kids stop "seeing" things. Its almost like a vail comes over our eyes and we just drift away from the paranormal at a very young age. I used to see a wolf, another friend of mine saw a rabbit, my mom saw a duck and you have seen a cat, but since you stated it was large I would say a panther. I gave up the research because it was going nowhere, but concluded that these spirits are just that protection against something, but I was never able to figure out what. Thnaks for Sharing.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior

WOW! i keep seeing 2:22 when i look at the clock, i didn't know if it was a bad thing or not. I'm glad to here it could just be a guardian saying hello!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have had many encounters over my life with a particular cat. I do beleive that they are the totem or archetype of my particular protector or energy. As you get to know it better you should begin to focus on more of the details as this will tell you much more about this force. You have already seen the relative size, but also try to focus on more finite details such as appearence, demeanor, or even species. This will allow you to bring more focused awareness to it and let it know that you are eager to learn more. Do remember that you always have the ability to tell it to leave you if you ever feel scared, or that there is something negative about the situation as you continue you journey. As you continue on the path you will learn that there are many facets of life that can be accessed simply with focus, intent, and a clear mind.

[edit on 12/29/2008 by atzmaz]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
They will come to you in meditation if you let them. Go to your sacred place and they will be there waiting.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
the cat spirit might merely be a protecting or guardian spirit...

but it may also be a spirit beckoning you to a greater purpose...
Spirit Warrior and I share the same idea, but our words will be different.

you may well be cutting yourself off from the way-of-the-Shaman.
by not purposely engaging the cat you see from the corner of your eye
you are missing a path of life.

'talk' or otherwise chant or sing to the spirit feline/cat, so it will becomed accoustomed to your voice & thinking...and both of youse will develop a
trust & rapport & a degree of telepathy...

Shamanic chants are often invocations of spirit helpers, animals, and nature deities, and help prepare a shaman to be fully in their power when a ritual takes place.

Your fortunate your dad is so insightful, most others would tell you that your in a fantasy or having hallucinations...regarding the instance you told of in your post->>

Originally posted by lovelyn

So.. my entire life, since i was a little girl, i always felt connect to the 'paranormal' world.

But this experience had me weirded out.

i would see a large cat..

I asked my dad and he said maybe i have an animal spirit protecting me.. but i never understood why.

Does anyone have an explanation?

Or am i just on some random brain juice high

bring up the topic of shamans...

heres a quick read, that should give some measure of familiarity with
some of your deeper inclinations...

realitysandwich.com...

the animal helper, will slowly dissolve if you choose not to make contact,
the reason it is fleetingly seen is because the spirit world is allowing you your freedom of choice...

There is no shame or feeling of failure in choosing not to engage the spirit-cat helper.

~peace~

[edit on 29-12-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah! a Panther! Thats exactly what it is!!

And i think i need to become more involved with it now.. i havent seen it in a while. I should start concentrating on it more.

I dont know much about shamans.. or anything like that. Im not native american but i have always been drawn to the culture.
My family is from central america.. with a little mayan background.. but hardly any.

Thank you guys so much. I feel so much more comfortable about it now.. and i will try to be more connected to it.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i also always seem to look at the clock at 11:11

now i know why :]

[edit on 29-12-2008 by lovelyn]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lovelyn
Yeah! a Panther! Thats exactly what it is!!

I dont know much about shamans.. or anything like that. Im not native american but i have always been drawn to the culture.
My family is from central america.. with a little mayan background.. but hardly any.

Being attuned to shamanism does not require your present life
to have a connection to Native Americans or Quiche Maya or the
Siberian tribal cultures...

there are people who may be seperated from their ancestor shamans culture
by several or even dozens of generations.

If you have a natural interest or inclination to the spiritual nature of groups like Native Americans or other groups like south American Maya,
You are already 'listening' to your Spirit or Soul...

and that is a good thing, as most people are caught up in the noise and distraction of the hectic modern world around them.

thanks,

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
As St Udio says, it does not have to be connected to your ancestry. Shamanistic abilities are carried over lifetimes and not necessarily through generations. That is a linear concept...the old way. Likely you were a Shaman or a form of, in a past life.

For Shamans, the song invocations were powerful doorways. In essence it is the tones they used that contained the power. Vibrating in these tones allowed them to change their perceptions toward a specific purpose. It also allowed a doorway for communication with enlightened beings.

The same principal is found in Hindu and Buddhist chants.

St Udio, we are speaking the same language.

Here is a good paragraph on the number 11:11. This time has special meaning ABOVE all other times you may be seeing. It has a special energy attached to it >>

"The appearance of 11:11 is an always beneficial act of Divine Intervention telling you that it is time to take a good look around you and see what is really happening. It's time to pierce the veils of illusion that keep us bound to an unreal world. You have been chosen, because you are ready, to step into the Greater Reality. To lead the way for others into a new way of living, into a Greater Love. To ascend from
duality into Oneness.

The 11.11 is the bridge our vitality and oneness. It is our pathway into the postive unknown and beyond."

-Namaste

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior

I actually tried to have some sort of connection with it last night. i was having a hard time in a situatuion.. and i was just asking it for help or guidance.. and i just felt so calmed after a brief moment.

These replies to my post are really helping me.

Thank you, all of you.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior
Our personal animals, pets, are always close to us. They are here to heal us and to be with us in our journey. They are lifted spiritually by this. By helping us. Haven't you noticed that your dog can melt away your stress? Make you feel loved? That is why they are here. To show us we are loved and to help us love others. It is a spiritual healing process.

Uhhh...so their very existence revolves strictly around us? Basically it is all about us and our journeys and our issues and our pain and our need to feel loved?

That sounds more than a little egotistical. I have always had numerous companion animals. They are a comfort to me, and I strive to be a comfort to them. They are independent sentient beings with their own desires and issues, and their purpose does not just revolve around me (in fact for some it all revolves around them and they see me as existing solely to serve their needs).

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Uhhh...so their very existence revolves strictly around us? Basically it is all about us and our journeys and our issues and our pain and our need to feel loved?

This is not what I said. It is beneficial to both. The reality is that we are all of the one consciousness. They help us and therefore they help themselves. We also lift them up spiritually. Both benefit to the greatest extent when each party respects the other as being one.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lovelyn

Well, I have a strange belief that the animals you show kindness to or help in life will help you when you cross over. Not sure where I picked up this idea.

Did your family have a cat when you were a very young child or did they have a cat before you were born?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

No, my family has always been a 'dog' kind of family. The house we live in now is the first and only house my parents have ever purchased. They used to live in apartments. We moved to this house when i was 5 years old.

The cat we have now, however, just came to us. It was our old neighbors cat... but he decided that he wanted to live in our backyard with my dog (weird, right?) than live with them still. He is our first cat.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Awesome I could not have stated that issue better. They are themselves seperate from us, but yet in times of need they will aid us for that time and we must return the favor. Thats kind of why I compared this experience with the movie the Golden Compass.

This is not what I said. It is beneficial to both. The reality is that we are all of the one consciousness. They help us and therefore they help themselves. We also lift them up spiritually. Both benefit to the greatest extent when each party respects the other as being one.

I do not believe that we are one conscienceness, but seperate individuals brought together by past experiences and all connected by others. For if we were all one, there can essentially be no freedom and no individuality. For we have all been created to walk our own paths, but walk them alone we will not.~TheMythLives

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I do not believe that we are one conscienceness, but seperate individuals brought together by past experiences and all connected by others. For if we were all one, there can essentially be no freedom and no individuality. For we have all been created to walk our own paths, but walk them alone we will not.~TheMythLives

Accepting that we are all one does not mean accepting that we have no free will or individuality. We are all from the same consciousness. The same idea. The same intent. We are connected to all.

-Namaste

top topics

<<   2 >>

join