It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need A White History Month, white college, and white scholorship funds Etc...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

EXACTLY! That's the mindset we need to have. I see myself as American plain and simple.

The problem is with that these bs studies and the MSM that always seems to show the mugshot of Pokey that robbed the 7/11 and not Josh.

It's all imagery and conditioning. If your name isn't Bob and everyone calls you Bob...after awhile you will believe your name is Bob.

I can say that almost all of the white folks here are cool and open minded, you ARE on the ATS...if you was in my neck of the woods i'd smoke an ale with ya, but the problem is that our main medium of communication (TV) constantly bombards us (Americans) with reasons that we are different.

It's like what my homie told me. They want you to consider yourself American with no skin color, but turn on the TV and your reminded that your black...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yeah, I've always felt sorry for white folks.

Especially the trolls.

[edit on 12/29/08 by Double_Nought_Spy]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sorry to burst your bubble but that guy is right on point. I've met OTHER white people from FOREIGN countries that are appalled by the racism in this country.

And retrospectively when black people i know go to foreign countries (Canada,Europe, and Japan) they say they is hardly ANY racism if any.

Read up on WW2 and how the Europeans treated black soldiers and read what white americans did.

THAT shows you the roots of racism and what it makes man do. Almost all Europeans are beyond difference based on skin color.. Britian has the highest concentration of black people with degrees...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

you know..your post says it the BEST! For now one when this topic is brought up, everyone needs to be pointed excatly to what you just said.

Good job, chief

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaxium
I will not post any replies for a minimum of 7 - 10 days.

9 minutes later...

Now that I have your attention.

Sometimes you just have to yank that line, don't ya?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I agree, I do play a banjo... SO???
My sister ain't got pregnant from me anyhow.

AND GWB is the best president ever!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Damned crackers don't need nothing special. The honkies have gotten all the glory throughtout history and now the whitey's wanting more.

Down with white history and white college funds.

Being real, I'm white and all the fuss about white this and white that just adds to the existing tension, not only between the blacks and whites, but the whites and everyone else.

A white person can't help that they're born white just as a black person can't help just the same. The same goes to all other races and ethnic groups not mentioned here.

I believe there is something more to this life than just being born, living and dieing. I do believe that in the grand order of things, a Creator devised and made everything we see so that we can accept or reject these things. The bottom line is, for those who believe in ET's and life beyond Earth, that if we can't get along here and accept one another in this life, what makes you think that "They're" going to allow us to "roam" the Heavens with "our" prejudices and closed minds.

You can't argue that we're a violent, ego-centric, greedy and hateful species. The fact is that we all need to be destroyed but I don't have the last word on this decision.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I would personally like to see all race-based programs disappear. I'm speaking as someone who would be considered to be of mixed ethnicity. I would prefer to see systems based on merit, not one's race. Defining what constitutes merit can be tricky but I think it would be well worth the effort to, at least, try. Brilliance and talent do not discriminate. I just don't think it's appropriate to use scholarship funds to segregate people based on anything other than merit. Why should a poor student of German ancestry with a 4.0 GPA be any less deserving of an African-American student from an affluent family with the same academic qualifications? It doesn't make sense! There are some cases where funds should be dispersed on the basis of need (esp. to poor students) but to do it based on race only drives us all further apart and breeds resentment.

If there isn't enough time to cover everyone currently discussed in modern history textbooks (once members of so-called minority groups have their leading innovators added), then those who have contributed less (regardless of ethnicity) should be removed. As a woman, I also realize that prior to the 20th century most historical events were attributed to the accomplishments of men (despite the fact that half of us are women!). Still, I would apply the same rule whether we're talking about race or sex.

I suppose another option that might be worth trying is presenting history in the classroom on the basis of geography, rather than race. A semester roughly spans 12 weeks, right? Why not divide the continents so that each one gets an equal share of an introductory course (minus Antarctica, of course)? Better still, why not devote a course to each continent throughout the course of one's entire education (to provide adequate coverage of all groups)? It might just help us all to be more tolerant of groups other than our own. This would certainly address concerns that some have over Eurocentricity without cutting out European contributions completely.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

you have those things and have had them since this country was stolen,er,ah, settled.you conveniently ignore why those institutions were created in the first place, to correct the imbalance created by racists. now to slickly imply that all of your failures are due to minorities being given everything is really sad.why cant you guys pull yourself up by your bootstraps. how about you guys teaching real unbiased history so we wont need a black history month to correct all of the eurocentric myths passed of as real history. ill give you an example; in 1973 there was a debate in egypt about what group founded ancient egypt. the european group alleged that it was founded by EUROPEANS even though europe didnt exist at the time.the theory was they came from under the ice of europe ,founded egypt and then left. they had no evidence to support their claims .2 african professors.mr.diop and mr. obenga proved otherwise.
what it reveals is that politics rules these institutions rather than a search for truth this is characteristic of most american institutions.so again ,you guys have been duped into once again blaming the victim for your own failures.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

you have those things and have had them since this country was stolen,er,ah, settled.you conveniently ignore why those institutions were created in the first place, to correct the imbalance created by racists. now to slickly imply that all of your failures are due to minorities being given everything is really sad.why cant you guys pull yourself up by your bootstraps. how about you guys teaching real unbiased history so we wont need a black history month to correct all of the eurocentric myths passed of as real history. ill give you an example; in 1973 there was a debate in egypt about what group founded ancient egypt. the european group alleged that it was founded by EUROPEANS even though europe didnt exist at the time.the theory was they came from under the ice of europe ,founded egypt and then left. they had no evidence to support their claims .2 african professors.mr.diop and mr. obenga proved otherwise.
what it reveals is that politics rules these institutions rather than a search for truth this is characteristic of most american institutions.so again ,you guys have been duped into once again blaming the victim for your own failures.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
i totally agree. i always ask the question why is alright to have black pride or puerto rican pride but when somebody has white pride they're a racist?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I disagree wth your idea. When we put ourselves into more and more groups it just ends up making more problems and it just reinforces racism and shows our differences not out similarities. If we focus on color we will never evolve.

Maybe I'm incorrect but weren't most black colleges founded during a time when blacks could not attend the majority of colleges in this country? Especially schools in the south?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
what we really need is a my history month so people can see what they themselves have done rather than hiding behind race.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

This is a post to show that Caucasions in America are now in need of certain "white" recognition and perks.

There are currently established:

Black History Month
Black Colleges
United Negro College Fund

Just for starters. Now, where is the white history month? White college funds? White colleges?

Answer, there are none.

What would happen if we rallied together to establish a white history month, white college, and white scholorship funds?

I realize this is a touchy topic. I am not posting to anger anyone. This is to see what "reactions" would be like. I will not post any replies for a minimum of 7 - 10 days.

I am NOT racist and I am not wanting or intending to offend anyone. If this topic angers you then close it and move on to another topic. I do not want racist talk in this thread.

Please contain yourselves and remember.... WE ALL BLEED RED.

This is so true. Just what makes African Americans get all these special days. Because they were enslaved? Im sorry, but that just is not amazing enough. People act as if JUST because they were enslaved, it is 10 times harder for them to do things than it is for white people.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
No, you don't need one. Why? Cause white's have been the center of attention for the past 6,000 years or so.

Oh btw, will the race threads EVER stop? :shk:

[edit on 29-12-2008 by The Scarecrow]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by King neptune117

This is so true. Just what makes African Americans get all these special days. Because they were enslaved? Im sorry, but that just is not amazing enough. People act as if JUST because they were enslaved, it is 10 times harder for them to do things than it is for white people.

How old are you? That's a serious question begging a serious answer.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

He raises a very good point, go back far enough and you probably had slaves in your family tree, romans took slaves, greeks did it, egyptians did it, arabs did it, vikings did it, every single nation (barring the past 100 years) has committed and been victim to slavery, there is nothing holding black people back but themselves.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by middleclasssoldier
i totally agree. i always ask the question why is alright to have black pride or puerto rican pride but when somebody has white pride they're a racist?

The same reason I'm automatically a thug because I sag.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oh this is just ridiculous. Is this for real or some kind of psychological game? The OP and all the people who agree with this person should really get some kind of education and a true grasp of reality instead of living in the neo-conservative masturbatory mess that they have been manipulated into believing. No wonder the civilized world thinks that most Americans are unbelievably stupid. Your country is a failed Grand Experiment. It used to be a model of free- thinking and a beacon of hope for the rest of the world. Now you are just a Frankenstein cancer of a nation that is systematically destroying the rest of the world. I have to stop coming to this site as it is just a complete waste of time and energy. The level of ignorance is absolutely incredible. But I guess people like the OP have to find some way to exert what little power they have in the face of becoming a pack of mindless automatons. Sheep have more intelligence and at least those animals contribute something to the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join