It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need A White History Month, white college, and white scholorship funds Etc...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is a post to show that Caucasions in America are now in need of certain "white" recognition and perks.

There are currently established:

Black History Month
Black Colleges
United Negro College Fund

Just for starters. Now, where is the white history month? White college funds? White colleges?

Answer, there are none.

What would happen if we rallied together to establish a white history month, white college, and white scholorship funds?

I realize this is a touchy topic. I am not posting to anger anyone. This is to see what "reactions" would be like. I will not post any replies for a minimum of 7 - 10 days.

I am NOT racist and I am not wanting or intending to offend anyone. If this topic angers you then close it and move on to another topic. I do not want racist talk in this thread.

Please contain yourselves and remember.... WE ALL BLEED RED.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Now that I have your attention.

The purpose of this thread is to see if pursuing these ideas are feasable or not. This is actually for a research project which for me will span over the next month. Your posts will be my sources for my research. This is to see why African American's have these and why Caucasions do not but more importantly, what "reactions" are taken when people hear of the idea of a "White History Month" etc... Do they immediatly call racism or not? If one group has certain rights and or priveledges why another group cannot?

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
no i think its a good idea

and to be fair, we need to have like a Asian history month, and so on and so forth..

heres a better idea lol

Abolish black history month so we dont have to make a month for every race on earth? it would be alot easier and simpler

and we can just teach ALL history of ALL RACES IN THE SAME MONTH!

so my # 1 choice is = teach all races during all months

Abolish racially designated history lessons!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Your free to start a United Whites College fund anytime you desire. Now the White college may be a problem. You bring up some good points and I hope you seek info from our politicians why those proposals don't exist.

So when do I get my Bean Burrito History Month?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I agree, although not entirely. This double standard you've brought up has been annoying me for awhile.

If a White man says he's proud to be White, BOOM, he's a racist scumbag who needs to go back to the deep south. If a Black man says he's proud to be Black, man, he's a freaking freedom fighter. Props to that brother!

That seems a bit off to me.

We should stop making a big deal about someone's accomplishments just because they're a certain race, or a woman, or a transvestite or whatever. If their accomplishments weren't noteworthy enough that they'd be worth mentioning if they weren't Black/Hispanic/A woman/A woman with a Black father and a Hispanic mother, etc., then they really didn't do much at all.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
No we don't.

As a white male, I oppose such an effort for one simple reason: we don't need it. As individuals our works, merits, and achievements stand on their own two-feet if worthwhile. If you had any pride in yourself, you'd see that. Instead you want to denigrate yourself by demanding culture welfare, and drag me down by proxy. You do not want your individual achievements to stand alone and above all else, you wish to cower behind your race.

Demanding recognition for something as insignificant as race, as an official political and social movement, is no different than a 5-year old demanding their bad painting be placed the refrigerator. We do not need anything that is the equivalent of saying "Look at me, my contributions are worthwhile too."

If any group is so pathetic to demand their achievements be specifically sought after and recognized -as they wouldn't be recognized in any other fashion- it says that they're not really achievements or contributions. Instead it's a de facto admission to being inferior and needing to play the game of life with a handicap. Some people do need it, because they aren't much. If cowering behind race, religion, or sex makes them OK with themselves, and it costs me nothing, I don't care. I suspect those who do cower behind such worthless things aren't going to amount to much anyway.

So please, don't drag me down with your worthless, self-congratulating cause. I'll let my merits and contributions stand on their own two-feet. I'm better than saying, "Look at me, my contributions are worthwhile." or "pay me mind because I'm white."

Get a little pride in yourself.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We have parades for the Irish on St. Paddy's day, In fact it's a day marked on the calendar. We have Polka festivals for the Polish and beer parties for the Germans, though I forget its name, I've drank too much beer, but they have beer gardens......which make me drool like Homer Simpson.

We have plenty of holidays that celebrate the white folks.

Oktoberfest..... Where white people celebrate the gift of beer. That's what I was trying to think of before. If that's not a white history month than nothing is.

Look, Even Christmas is a white holiday. They speak our English and worship the God we created.

Will you deny them any semblance of a history? Will you deny them the opportunity to celebrate the roots from whence they came?

I won't.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If this society was "fair" and equality was at the helm, I see no purpose in creating "certain" recognizable months, tv shows, scholarships etc etc for specific races...however we live in a very racist society therefore if people of color did not "rally" ,as you put it, for the very deserved accolades- mentioned- their accomplishments and attributions would go unnoticed and possibly stolen as history has proven.... i.e. slavery....

-dc101

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There are those that will say that every month is "White History Month" because American school curriculums have a Eurocentric slant. There are also those that will say almost every university is a White university because they enroll disproportionately low numbers of minorities and in the past barred minorities from admission.

I am all for taking a broad perspective on history, art, and other subjects. White people do not hold a monopoly on literature, valid historical viewpoints, or the arts. I do object to the obscure accomplishments of some people being exalted because of their race. Many ethnic history courses exalt the accomplishments of people that were mediocre at best in their field only because of their race.

For example, George Washington Carver was a Black botanists who found numerous uses for the peanut. He is often given praise in Black History textobboks. It seems inappropriate to exalt Carter's accomplishments and even compare them to those of truly great scientists like Einstein, Maxwell, Newton, etc.

On the other hand, ethnic history courses should emphasize the truly great accomplishments of people of a particular ethnic group. Even though the George Washington Carver's of the world deserve little or no mention, it does not mean that truly great people like Martin Luther King, Louis Armstrong, Jackie Robinson, Michael Jordan, and perhaps Barack Obama do not deserve considerable attention.

Perhaps one would criticize this approach because it will portray talents as disproportionately distributed among the peoples of the Earth. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, talents are not evenly distributed amongst peoples, nations, or ethnic groups. This is not to say that anybody from any group is capable of becoming anything they want to be or that there are no exceptions to general rules. It would be dishonest to ignore the fact that there are disproportionately high numbers of Black athletes or that Asian students do disproportionately well in math classes.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
holy mother..

it's so hard to not reply to flame threads like this. let me bite my tongue (fingers) and say how smart, insightfull and intelligent this op is and give my most sincere and heartfelt thanks to be able to contribute to such a discussion.

long live ats!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think we really need an American Indian recognition day. Afterall Thanksgiving is really just a slap in the face.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I don't really know any white people. Most of the folks I associate with are more of a beige, or eggshell color.

But I see what you mean. We need a beige history month. Hell, we need a beige history year.

And we do need beige colleges. Beige people only. If you even have a hint of tan. Get Lost Tan man!!! We don't need your type corrupting our beigness.

Beige college fund. Right on brother. We have a color chart to weed out those that aren't shade approved. You can go to the Tan college fund; they got even more money than the beige fund.

We can have beige only bars and make all the Tan folks ride in the back of the bus and have drinking fountains for "Tan Only"

And on the odd chance a Tan man gets sweet on a beige chick. We'll know how to handle that situation!!

Damnit, Im beige and I'm proud!!

[edit on 28-12-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

But that's all just your perception.

Who's to say who should be worthy of recognition?

George Washington Carver actually revolutionised the economy of the south with his agricultural ideas. A little bit more than just working with peanuts...

What the hell did Michael Jordan do? Bounce a ball around? Yeah that's a real contribution to society.

For the OP, a black history month would not have been required if black history was taught in schools. The post I replied to is why we need a black history month...

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

We Need A White History Month, white college, and white scholorship funds Etc...

White History Month

We do All twelve of them!

white college

We did for most of Americas history they were 90% white

white scholorship funds

we do, so what if they created the United Negro College fund on their own

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I see absolutely no problem with it. Why shouldnt white folks have their day as well? Why shouldnt the white folks be proud of who they are and where they come from? Why shouldnt the white folks have their own holiday, special recognition and all of the other special things that the others have?

I vote yes.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Why shouldnt the white folks have their own holiday, special recognition and all of the other special things that the others have?

Because they already do?

Special things that the others have? Are only white people allowed 'special things'?

When the day comes white people have difficulty expressing their culture through media, history and education will be the day when your lame ideas will have credibility. But if that ever happens don't expect too much respect, what goes around....

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

What is needed is better schools, so that people can learn how to spell 'Scholarship'....

Really, this IS what's needed....BETTER education!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I am sorry, but George Washington Carver is not one of the greatest scientific minds of his time. Most people outside the US who study science have not heard of him. If a white person had done what Carver had done, he would not have gained any sort of historical prominence.

At the time Carver was active, relativity and quantum mechanics were born. Physicists like Maxwell, Einstein, Schrodinger, et. al. were doing ground breaking work that ushered in science as we know it. They paved the way for solid state devices like microchips, modern chemistry and biochemistry, and the nuclear age.

Carver's impact on the world was far less profound. As you said it, he affected the agricultural industry in the southern US. The fathers of quantum mechanics on the other hand produced work which created multi-billion dollar industries that span the entire globe like semiconductors and biotechnology.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by hotpinkurinalmint]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

The problem with your post is that you fail to distinguish between the elite (many of whom are white) that control institutions like the meida and the average white person. Affirmative action and ethnic studies policies often overlook the poor white person. It is silly to suggest a Black person who grew up in an afluent suburb or a well to do person that happens to have some Black ancestors is somehow less connected or less empowered than poor white people living in trailer parks.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
"CRACKERS unite".........I'm allowed to say the C-word......It's within my racial rights because I'm white.

On a serious note, they should just judge us on the fruits of our labors and not race.I do see and understand how it's a little ridiculous for "special" privelages and recognition for anyone who was born with the same chances I had. A majority don't take the innitiative and blame whitey and look for some type of reparation.

Look, You had the same chances as me and I screwed mine up. Maybe I should march on Washington or get some racist pastor to side with me.Any takers

"CRACKERS UNITE"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join