It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Familes of Flt 93. want Bush to seize land for a 2,200 acre memorial!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yes, thats not a a typo. A freaking 2,200 acre memorial. They want the President to seize privately owned land for this thing.

Relatives of those who died aboard United Airlines Flight 93 want the Bush administration to seize the land needed for a memorial where the plane crashed in Shanksville, Pa., in the 9/11 attacks.

Sourcel

Absolutely ridiculous.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Government Cheese]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think it would be appropriate to declare a small area for a memorial. I think the 2,200 acre suggestion is about 2200 times bigger than it needs to be.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Svonavec Inc. owns one of the last large chunks of land needed for the 2,200-acre memorial

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So they've already acquired most of the land? This is just bizarre. I understand the desire for a memorial, but why on earth would they want 2,200 acres for this? That is massive!

I'm curious to know how many families are a part of the "Families of Flight 93". Is it five families? Six? Ten? This would add another layer to the story.

Here is a link to the phasing plan of the memorial:
www.nps.gov...

[edit on 28/12/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Three and a half square miles seems a bit large but if they have the money what the heck.

mikell

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Three and a half square miles seems a bit large but if they have the money what the heck.

mikell

ummm I would venture to say this is not "their" money, its OUR money. Nowhere on that site could I find a cost of the project. And personally I find it extremely excessive in this time of economic troubles.

.... something just doesnt feel right.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Why it landed in Cleveland......

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

I'm curious to know how many families are a part of the "Families of Flight 93". Is it five families? Six? Ten? This would add another layer to the story.

I am curious about this as well. To be honest, the family members of the people who died on the flights has always been a bit of a mystery to me. It is odd how we never hear anything about any of them.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
In addition, there is absolutely no way this land is going to be utilized as such. Theres another reason for this, and this cover is ludicrous indeed. In order for the cover, the true purpose is something they don't want anyone to know.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Mental health checks are desperately needed for the family members who support this plan.

No one in their right frame of mind could possibly believe 2,200 acres is the appropriate size for a memorial.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think this is an absurd waste of tax payer money. They want to spend over $50 million dollars on this "national park" that really doesn't have any value to anyone other than the families of the victims and in 100 years it will be meaningless. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that is reality.

Speaking of National Parks, we already have plenty of them and we're not taking care of some of the best of them. Yellowstone desperately needs updates on the way it deals with sewage. It has repeatedly dumped raw sewage into Yellowstone Lake. $58 million would go a log way to fixing Yellowstone's sewage problems.

Also, I am against the goverment stealing the land from the land owner. That is just FLAT OUT WRONG.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SleeplessInUS

Originally posted by mikellmikell

mikell

ummm I would venture to say this is not "their" money, its OUR money. Nowhere on that site could I find a cost of the project. And personally I find it extremely excessive in this time of economic troubles.

.... something just doesnt feel right.

I believe I saw on the Fox News site that the projected cost is $58 million. Yes, I repeat, $58 MILLION!!! For a memorial to a plane crash.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
While reading the Wikipedia entry for this memorial, I remember seeing that they have currently raised only $11 million of the $30 million goal. The remaining $28 million is to be taken from federal funds for a grand total of, as stated already, $58 million. So not all of it will be culled from taxpayer wallets, but $28 million sure as hell isn't Monopoly money. If they fail to raise the full $30 million from private donations, I'm sure they'll request that the difference be taken from taxpayers as well.

Similarly interesting and infuriating: apparently, this group had a law changed (!) to allow Svonovac Inc.'s land to be obtained. Article here: www.dailyamerican.com...

[edit on 29/12/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but weren't these idiotic, selfish families unconstitutionally compensated with taxpayer money in the first place?

Before a penny more of taxpayer money is spent on this garbage, each and every one of these families bank accounts had better have a balance of $0.00

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Before a penny more of taxpayer money is spent on this garbage, each and every one of these families bank accounts had better have a balance of $0.00

If you haven't noticed, taxpayer outrage is meaningless. They will continue to steal from us as long as they are able to. No amount of taxpayer outrage will stop them. If we couldn't stop them from stealing trillions, why even bother getting outraged at another 50 million? At this point the only thing that will stop the fleecing of the populace will be the collapse of the nation. Sadly, that might not be very far away.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I for one am cheering it on and cannot wait to see this nation crumble.

Most (not all by any means) deserve to suffer for what they have allowed to happen.

new topics

top topics

join