It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 644
<< 641  642  643    645  646  647 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This was started by a fellow poster as a new thread, but I think it warrants attention as relevant to this existing one-

______beforeitsnews/story/368/651/Super_volcano_creates_10_inch_bulge_in_Yellowstone:_scientists_downplaying_panic.html

This looks like it was from December. It appears to be after the monthly report stating uplift had stopped. There are a few other links below this article related to this.

Okay, hopefully it's back to lurking for me. Bob Smith states it was from 10 km down, not 3 km so it's not concerning.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by winotka

i wish you would have used the national geographic link instead the last time some one post the site you are using got that thread shut down, so please reefer to the NG link, it is news.nationalgeographic.com... Jan. 19 2011. or go to UUSS use search eng, or for what bob smith has to say www.seis.utah.edu..., then search for bob smith. this is just to important to get closed. thanks. there are many links to see deformation, seismic activity, geothermal activity, GPS ground tracking, w e can be our own monitoring sys if we work together. ps it works

edit on 22-1-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2011 by bekod because: editting
side note i got to do my first link with out knowing it!!! look out AST, you think i posted before

edit on 22-1-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

edit on 22-1-2011 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by winotka

Here is another link to that subject from Ice Age Now

"These calderas tend to go up and down, up and down," he said. "But every once in a while they burp, creating hydrothermal explosions, earthquakes, or—ultimately—they can produce volcanic eruptions."

(Robert Smith talking)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Don't make the mistake of thinking Toba is only 70,000+ years old.

Just like Yellowstone it has had previous eruptions.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Okay, here is the Nat Geo link-

news.nationalgeographic.com...

I couldn't link to it last night.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by winotka

this comment under the article...interresting...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..tuttrup
10:27 AM on January 23, 2011

"At 45 degrees the skyies will burn, immediately huge flames will leap up"..nostradamus, scary once u connect this to Yellowstone, 10inches of lift, would be scary if they told u that the dome has lifted almost 5 feet since recording in the 1920's, do the research, 5 feet is actual, 10 inches is just over the 2+ yrs period stated in the article. When the article state bulge i thought someone was actually going to bring to our attention the 100ft bulge at the bottom of Yellstone Lake, the one that bulged more with last years quake swarm,

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Always thought that quatrain was referring to the events on 9-11, but I looked up this map and NYC isn't even close to the 45th parallel but Yellowstone is spot on! hmmm

www.wurlington-bros.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by winotka

Bob Smith says "Burp" - idk if burp is the only word that comes to mind. You have to think about it! You have magma, water, gas, air, etc. flowing about in the bowls of Yellowstone = Burp/idk :-)!. Think you as a person - add some texas red hot sauce or the like (magma- ((the stuff is hot- fire like)), beans (gas - ((they are mining close by last I knew))), water (flow of things) Give a shake or two = Burp/idk --- she does act human no? - maybe we are all connected with the earth more than we know - Me's thinks Bob was just trying to put it in terms that the general public could relate to. --- They did many studies and are still learning. They published may reports on the subject - search the Ups and Downs of Yellowstone (can't link it at the moment) just to name one of many. -- OR just follow this Thread and you'll be one of the first ones to know of What's Going On At Yellowstone

P.S - Oh and - there is nothing to worry about at the moment - She slumbers at the moment.

P.S.S. I Love This Thread

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Dynamics and rapid migration of the energetic 2008-2009 Yellowstone Lake earthquake swarm
Farrell, Jamie; Smith, Robert B.; Taira, Taka'aki; Chang, Wu-Lung; Puskas, Christine M.
Geophysical Research Letters, Volume 37, Issue 19, CiteID L19305
Yellowstone National Park experienced an unusual earthquake swarm in December-January, 2008-2009 that included rapid northward migration of the activity at 1 km per day and shallowing of the maximum focal depths from 12 to 2 km beneath northern Yellowstone Lake. The swarm consisted of 811 earthquakes, 0.5 < MW < 4.1, aligned on a N-S 12-km-long vertical plane of hypocenters. The largest earthquake of the swarm had a 50% tensile crack-opening source determined by a full waveform inversion that we interpret as a magmatic expansion component. In addition, GPS data revealed E-W crustal extension coincident with the swarm. Modeling of GPS and seismic data is consistent with E-W opening of ˜10 cm on a N-S striking vertical dike. Our interpretation is that the swarm was induced by magmatic fluid migration or propagation of a poroelastic stress pulse along a pre-existing fracture zone.

Source

THE FULL REPORT

And

An extraordinary episode of Yellowstone caldera uplift,
2004–2010, from GPS and InSAR observations

Full Report

And for your reading enjoyment if you have a little while Here
edit on 25-1-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by Anmarie96 because: Found both papers

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

well well .....2 years they kept that info from us.....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A member has started a thread regarding harmonic tremors at Yellowstone today - any one here have anything on this?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

nope.. nothing heard of it...
other point:
if ther is an uplift.. perhaps the shape of lake yellowstone has chanced trough the years?

somebody is able to make an overlay of the lake- banks ???

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

The instruments I am looking at all look fine except for Mammoth Vault which, appears to be instrument failure earlier today - they have fixed it since though.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

look also quatrain 98...:-)

www.nostradamusquatrains.com...

interactive nostra site,,, just click mouse on centuries and quatrains

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Look HERE

This is what they are talking about. I would chalk it up to instrument except it looks like that to some degree on almost all the stations. I don't think it is HT either, but it is a bit strange.

I noticed too a bunch of them are turned up to 1300 and 1600 microvolts. When did that happen?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is all I can get in GEE. Two stations, (H17 and LKWY) Gee apparantly isn't working much right now. It won't let me load any networks.

I took this screen shot about 2 mins ago:

Definately a bit noisy....but someone who can actually read these things can perhaps ease some minds??

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

If you take a look Here from yesterday, it appears that something happened to the instrument a little after 12:00. When the instrument finally comes back to life, the odd signiture begins and has progressively gotten worse. I would be concerned if we were seeing this all over the park but we are not. I am thinking it is just the instrument. Your screenshot looks fine - it is reading in microns which is minimal.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
come on people we re talking about yellowstone here....

dont you all think if these were in fact harmonic tremoers that they would be more then a peep squeak on the stations?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

YSB.WY..EHZ.2011.025

Looks OK to me. Probably interference. I would not mind betting that if i listen to it that is what I will hear. I will try to do it later.

top topics

<< 641  642  643    645  646  647 >>

join