It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with Africa?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Egypt is an interesting point to bring up in response, but we all know aliens built the pyramids

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
While civilization may have originated in Africa, the smart ones all left a few hundred thousand years ago.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I tend to agree with him also. People that were forced out into harsher environments would have had to adapt at a pretty quick rate and actually use their brains. Innovations stem from this and they learn that knowledge is power.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
reply to post by mrwupy

Very interesting theory, and make sense in some ways, BUT, the technological advancements of Egypt, Nubia and other Ancient African cultures could through a little wrench in there.

Greece was an ancient society before the first pyramid was even a thought in some African architects mind.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

And another good point from mrwupy.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Mankind was born in Africa. The fossil records (most anyway) show that as a species, Homo Sapient was born on the African continent. We grew up and began to develop the rudiments of a society. As that society developed the strong began to realize that the more wealth they possessed and the finer things they had, the more women they would get and the further their own seed would be spread.

The stronger males and females began to destroy or drive out the weaker ones, so that they would be the dominant seed.

Modern humans developed about 200,000 years ago. At that time they think there were only about 10,000 humans living in Africa.

Modern humans migrated into Europe at least 50,000 to 70,000 years ago (they don’t really know, they base it on fossils, and recently I believe modern human bones dating back 70,000 were found in Europe but humans could have been there longer). Also modern humans were not the first, humans and Neanderthals were there hundreds of thousands of years ago, and they believe the first migration could have been 1 million years ago, but they eventually died off.

Regardless, the idea that humans in African built up societies that drove some “weak individuals” away and that is how Europe and Asia were colonized doesn’t makes sense. Back then it was small groups of hunter gatherers, no doubt they sometimes killed each other off but they were not organized enough, or numerous enough, to drive others off the continent.

Up to 1/3 of our entire species evolution could easily have occurred on different continents. In addition it appears humans really started “advancing” about 50,000 years ago, and that would have occurred in totally separate populations.

"Many anthropologists, myself included, believe that what makes us truly human is our modern behavior, enabled by a modern brain," Wells said. "Modern behavior starts to show up sporadically around 70,000 to 80,000 years ago but doesn't really take off until around 50,000 years ago—the "Great Leap Forward" and dawn of the Upper Paleolithic [early Stone Age]."

The human population appears to have crashed to around 2,000 individuals around 70,000 years ago, at the same time they were headed into the worst part of the last ice age. The crash was possibly brought on by a massive volcanic eruption, Wells said.

"The hypothesis is that the survivors of this near-extinction event had to be smarter in order to survive, and this allowed them to settle the rest of the world outside of Africa. So, 'human-ness' may not been widespread until around 50,000 to 60,000 years ago, and this could be seen as the real origin of our species."
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

What do you think spurred people's migration? Your points make a lot of sense. I always appreciate your contributions.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
Egypt is an interesting point to bring up in response, but we all know aliens built the pyramids

Egyptians are Caucasians that migrated from Europe ages ago. As you move south the population mixes (Caucasian and Black) in countries like Ethiopia. The southern parts of Africa are completely black. Same continent, totally different populations.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Its quite easy to explain. In the middle ages, Africa was ruled by confederations of native tribes and inter-continental trade. It was peaceful.

Then the Europeans invaded and colonized, enforcing western beliefs and government systems. Democracy cannot work in an environments where there are many different long-rooted tribal factions all wanting power.

Old roots bring new problems. That's why it will take a while for Democracy to take root there. First, they must take out all the old long-held grudges and assumptions if they are to become prosperous.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

What do you think spurred people's migration? Your points make a lot of sense. I always appreciate your contributions.

I don't know but I would guess climate change. Either climate change forced some to wander off in search of food, or maybe areas became nicer, and humans moved in. Whatever it was, it was surely not a lack of space and resources that drove them out of Southern Africa.

They believe modern human societies are a direct result of climate change and limited resources. If things got difficult, humans had to congregate where the water/food was, and at that point they were forced to organize and work together.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Regardless, the idea that humans in African built up societies that drove some “weak individuals” away and that is how Europe and Asia were colonized doesn’t makes sense. Back then it was small groups of hunter gatherers, no doubt they sometimes killed each other off but they were not organized enough, or numerous enough, to drive others off the continent.

I take it you never went to high school.

Society fragments with the jocks, preppies, stoners etc, etc, etc.....

It happens to this very day.

I stand by my original hypothesis. The geeks and losers were driven off the continent of our birth by the in crowd.

They developed mindsets and skills which gave them the advantage and that is why all African diamonds are controlled by the geeks in Europe. That is why all of Africa's precious resources are controlled by the geeks in Europe, even their oil.

The geeks returned and are exploiting the continent. That needs to stop. Too much suffering is going on there right now.

We of the west need to either kill off the population or we need to go away and leave them alone.

The choice we make will say more about us than it will about them.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Egyptians are Caucasians that migrated from Europe ages ago.

I'm shocked hearing this from you, because it's true.

Few people realize that Cleopatra was not only the last royal Egyptian, but she wasn't Egyptian at all, she was Greek.

It's nice to know there are others out there who actually study history.

Soooo.....what are you doing next Saturday night....

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Was that a jab or a come on?!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by mrwupy

Was that a jab or a come on?!

I have a weakness for intelligent women......If a jab makes her happy, it was a jab.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Read about Zimbabwe, land reform, and how the wealthy white farmers that helped maintain a stable society were kicked out by nationalists who wanted to give the land to more deserving disenfranchised blacks back in 1979. Today the Zimbabwe dollar is worth .001 cent. For reference a square of toilet paper is worth .004 cents.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

I'll make sure to purchase their currency to wipe my butt from now on, love saving cash.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Sorry man, even though it would be a great investment using Zim Dollars as toilet paper is already outlawed. Check this out!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Okay…found an answer/theory on that. Apparently when humans discovered seafood that provided a huge jump in protein, and better brain development. Then some groups stayed along the sea because there was plenty of food and just started slowly working their way towards Europe and Asia.

Also interesting that the Neanderthals ruled all of Asia (pushed humans out) and Europe too for a very long time before they went extinct.

Virtually all of these sites had piles of seashells. Together with the
much older evidence from the cave at Pinnacle Point, the shells
suggest that seafood may have served as a nutritional trigger at a
crucial point in human history, providing the fatty acids that modern
humans needed to fuel their outsize brains: "This is the evolutionary
driving force," says University of Cape Town archaeologist John
Parkington. "It is sucking people into being more cognitively aware,
faster-wired, faster-brained, smarter." Stanford University
paleoanthropologist Richard Klein has long argued that a genetic
mutation at roughly this point in human history provoked a sudden
increase in brainpower, perhaps linked to the onset of speech.

DNA evidence suggests the original exodus involved anywhere from 1,000
to 50,000 people. Scientists do not agree on the time of the departure—
sometime more recently than 80,000 years ago—or the departure point,
but most now appear to be leaning away from the Sinai, once the
favored location, and toward a land bridge crossing what today is the
Bab el Mandeb Strait separating Djibouti from the Arabian Peninsula at
the southern end of the Red Sea. From there, the thinking goes,
migrants could have followed a southern route eastward along the coast
of the Indian Ocean. "It could have been almost accidental,"
Henshilwood says, a path of least resistance that did not require
adaptations to different climates, topographies or diet. The migrants'
path never veered far from the sea, departed from warm weather or
failed to provide familiar food, such as shellfish and tropical fruit.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by beaverg

I'll make sure to purchase their currency to wipe my butt from now on, love saving cash.

Oh that was sick. I laughed seriously and loud.

I have been watching Rhodesia for some time now. What happened there just backs up what I've been trying to say in my posts so far.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join