It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with Africa?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

large predators may have something to do with it.
/shrug/

another plausible reasoning as to why the "superpowers league/friends" would want to keep it undeveloped is precisely that.

they may want to keep a specific amount of the earth's surface actually not cluttered and "cancer-ed" by the sprawl we see in modern north america.

check out google earth in the US sometime... modern civilization is literally like this gray cancer crawling upon the earth.

imagine a modernized africa? all that beautiful rainforest and savannah area completely squelched...
bleah.. we need to keep a good portion somewhere on this earth.. undeveloped.

or maybe while other "old world" areas are being "sanitized" later.. destroyed and allowing nature to flourish again..
that Africa is being saved for that time in order to have space to develop with utopian technologically advanced "green" philosophy behind the development efforts?

maybe it's just being saved for later.

you know that the african people.. if given the right amount of aid help.. would develop africa at the same rate if not faster than we in the west.. and all that land would be trampled underfoot in no-time...

-

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Okay…found an answer/theory on that. Apparently when humans discovered seafood that provided a huge jump in protein,

Sonya610,

OK, I give up. We both agree that mankind was born in Africa and eventually migrated from there. They went to Europe and the East.

I say the weak were driven out and had to learn to think for themselves to survive.

You say they developed a taste for sea food.

We're still in agreement here. They left Africa.

You can't argue with that.

The why of how they left Africa is less important than the fact they returned.

And how we should deal with this today.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Greece was an ancient society before the first pyramid was even a thought in some African architects mind.

Uh, no. The pyramids were already a thousand years old before the Greeks learned to carve stone.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Nice post again. I've learned some interesting stuff from this thread already.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by mrwupy

Was that a jab or a come on?!

I have a weakness for intelligent women......If a jab makes her happy, it was a jab.

Nice, the ATS version of pulling the pig tails!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Egypt is an interesting point to bring up in response, but we all know aliens built the pyramids

Egyptians are Caucasians that migrated from Europe ages ago.

I'm shocked hearing this from you, because it's true.

Few people realize that Cleopatra was not only the last royal Egyptian, but she wasn't Egyptian at all, she was Greek.

It's nice to know there are others out there who actually study history.

Soooo.....what are you doing next Saturday night....

That's like saying Obama is black. The fact is Cleopatra FATHER was Greek and her mother was black. That's the fact! What does this all have to do with the topic of this thread which is "what's wrong with Africa?" Nothing but somehow in almost every thread race gets brought into it.

There's loads wrong with Africa, but it's best to look at it this way. When Africa completely goes to # who's next?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ecain

Well sir, I do agree and don't believe it's a racial thing. So what do you think it is? We do seem to have veered off the point of this thread and I must admit I had a lot to do with it.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecain
That's like saying Obama is black. The fact is Cleopatra FATHER was Greek and her mother was black. That's the fact!

Uhhhh...right...and Nefertiti was black too right? Please provide legitimate sources for that statement.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I don't have much time to draw out my whole conclusion but Africa has never really been united. I don't think everyone had the same agenda and that has caused great continents/countries to fall apart. Look at how the native americans lived compared to some part's of the world before they where easily defeated. Look at how "we" Americans live compared to the standards of let's say Iraq's. Throw that in with the fact that Africa has a wealth of natural resources, crooked politicians JUST like everywhere else and loads of other things. I really don't worry to much about Africa to much anymore, but everyone should realize when Africa is completely lost there will be great battles over that land, it's already happening. Then you're next, don't feel so comfortable to believe your land can't become just like Africa. I try not to be so heartless, just like everyone else "we" as humans just popped out of the womb and your race could potentially be next.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

That's like saying Obama is black. The fact is Cleopatra FATHER was Greek and her mother was black. That's the fact!

Uhhhh...right...and Nefertiti was black too right? Please provide legitimate sources for that statement.

You should learn to read. Someone made a statement that Cleopatra was GREEK. she is neither 100% greek nor 100% black. You fail, try again.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You should learn to read. Someone made a statement that Cleopatra was GREEK. she is neither 100% greek nor 100% black. You fail, try again.

Once again, state your source. Spike Lee? Please provide a source.

When Julius Caesar took Cleopatra back to Rome with him the last Punic War had been concluded less than one hundred years. Romans as well as Italians still remembered how Hannibal, a black man, had ravaged their country and how they avoided total starvation only through the goodwill of Ptolemy who supplied Rome with wheat. Cato was not alone in his opinion that “it was the right way to bring Rome to flourish, when noble-born citizens would not suffer mean-born men and upstarts … to go before them in honor…”. Certainly there would have been some protest against Caesar’s Numidian mistress as she would have been called. But none was raised. Cleopatra was accepted for what she was the Macedonian Queen of Egypt. But her attempt to make Caesar a king ended with his assassination. Certainly, if she had been black, someone would have mentioned it. And again when Plutarch describes Cleopatra’s beauty, he makes no mention of her being black. “Now her beauty (as it is reported) was not so passing, as unmatchable of other women, nor yet such as upon present view did enamor men with her …” .
www.authorsden.com...

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ecain

I don't feel comfortable and am a little irritated that you seem to think I'm sitting on an ego pedestal judging others. This is not the case, I am asking a legitimate question, out of concern for others.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Once again, state your source. Spike Lee? Please provide a source.

When Julius Caesar took Cleopatra back to Rome with him the last Punic War had been concluded less than one hundred years. Romans as well as Italians still remembered how Hannibal, a black man, had ravaged their country and how they avoided total starvation only through the goodwill of Ptolemy who supplied Rome with wheat. Cato was not alone in his opinion that “it was the right way to bring Rome to flourish, when noble-born citizens would not suffer mean-born men and upstarts … to go before them in honor…”. Certainly there would have been some protest against Caesar’s Numidian mistress as she would have been called. But none was raised. Cleopatra was accepted for what she was the Macedonian Queen of Egypt. But her attempt to make Caesar a king ended with his assassination. Certainly, if she had been black, someone would have mentioned it. And again when Plutarch describes Cleopatra’s beauty, he makes no mention of her being black. “Now her beauty (as it is reported) was not so passing, as unmatchable of other women, nor yet such as upon present view did enamor men with her …” .
www.authorsden.com...

I could easily goto a "pro-black" site and post a website that says she was 100% black.

You know people depict jesus as white, black, jewish, even chinese. whatever make's you feel better. Let's try to stay on topic.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecainI could easily goto a "pro-black" site and post a website that says she was 100% black.

Pathetic reply. But I suppose that is the best you can do.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ecain

I must say that I feel you are going off topic as you have yet to voice any opinion on what's wrong with Africa. What do you think needs to change for the countries to succeed? What do you think has kept them in the dark so to speak?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecainI could easily goto a "pro-black" site and post a website that says she was 100% black.

Pathetic reply. But I suppose that is the best you can do.

No, but we aren't ontopic and you just posted text from a site. that doesn't make it true, let's speak facts.
NO ONE knows WHO her mother was. that's just a fact goto wikipedia there where many people in Egypt at that time, Jews, Arabs, Greeks, and yes! blacks where in Africa. Why would they have to mention it? I mean they where in Africa. If you goto Russia, would you mention it on your dairy that Russians lived there?

No one knows who her mother was, the facts are the facts.
She could be polish for all I care, once again let's try to stay on topic.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

reply to post by ecain

I must say that I feel you are going off topic as you have yet to voice any opinion on what's wrong with Africa. What do you think needs to change for the countries to succeed? What do you think has kept them in the dark so to speak?

I told you how I felt about Africa, scroll up.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Africa, even more so than the middle east, is the result of fading colonial powers cobbling together nations designed to be socially and economically unstable, and then constantly engineering diplomatic and military conflicts between them to protect the Western-centric status quo on the world stage.

Just look at the map. The borders are unnatural, there are 15 landlocked countries, and nations tend to be either sparsely populated or exceedingly small.

East Africa in particular has been in play in recent years, as I covered (and partially predicted).

A lot of info on how things are being done over the can be found in my thread With enemies like these, who needs allies and the links to other threads I've placed there.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ecain

That Africa has never been truly united? A lot of places have never been truly united, but are still not as bad. We are talking about a continent of failure, not a country.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by ecain

That Africa has never been truly united? A lot of places have never been truly united, but are still not as bad. We are talking about a continent of failure, not a country.

If you read my post over I gave more then that ONE reason, like I stated before there's loads of reasons. Not being united is one major reason.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join