It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MT69 = Rush Limbaugh groupie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
MT69, using your own words and brain might do you some good.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I actually prefer Shawn Hannity over Rush, since Rush is too much about promoting himself over the issues. Try again...

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I can't get Hannity on the radio in my area

I listen to Rush when I can and miss him being on TV. So far, Sean's book is pretty good too.

(uh, why can't liberal radio shows succeed?)

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Shawn or Rush.... two peas in the same bucket. It just amazes me how brain washed their listeners or watchers are.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Lots of people listen to both Sean and Rush that ARE NOT conservatives. SO, enlighten me as to how they're 'brainwashed,' please.

I doubt you've heard either.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Shawn Hannity is one of my favorites.

Geez I didn't realize I was "brainwashed",I'm shocked.

Does this mean that if I listen to Alan Colmes or someother liberal twit,I won't be brainwashed anymore.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Shawn Hannity is one of my favorites.

Geez I didn't realize I was "brainwashed",I'm shocked.

Does this mean that if I listen to Alan Colmes or someother liberal twit,I won't be brainwashed anymore.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I enjoy Rush as much as Carvil... they're all just entertainment.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Carvil is a hoot, I love him on Crossfire. Is Begala not the most annoying person in the world though? lol. I LOVE when they make fun of him on SNL!

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Tucker Carlson is the most annoying twit on TV; he's the poster boy for the Asswuppin' is a Comin' crowd!
Get a haircut and loose the bow tie, people still think your stupid.
Not much in Rush's game; Hannity even less.
But, the hyperbole over substance pundits will always have a place on drive time AM radio.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Tucker is the token conservative just like Alan is the token liberal on Fox - they both get their rears kicked.

I just don't know why all the liberal radio shows don't succeed, and liberal book sales, etc, etc, etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Rush iritates me because he doesn't get to a point fast enough for my impatience and because he is a Republican cheerleader rather than an issues guy.

Shawn is great on the issues and is an all-around swell guy and I have a hard time understanding how anyone could not understand the truth after he clearly states it...but...

Michael Savage is my absolute favorite Brutal truth and fact with no desire to save knee-jerk morons' feelings! He has a new book out called The Savage Nation. Bob, I highly recommend this book to you. He isn't as cute as Ann Coulter *drool*, but you'll love his line of reasoning!

By the way, MT69, you and I share alot of the same beliefs. Does that mean I am brainwashed by you or you by me? Obviously, since we both agree on so much, one of us has to be the blind follower of the other.
Only someone who is brainwashed by CNN would even start as lame a thread as this, which had only the intention of attacking another poster without even the benefit of substance.
The only thing that made this thread worthy of saving is the intelligent replies of the rest of the board.

[Edited on 22-1-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
"By the way, MT69, you and I share alot of the same beliefs."

I think it would be a good idea to see MT69 take the political compass quiz and post his results...

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think you have a most excellent point, sir. Most of us were majorly surprised at where we stood. Nobody ever thought I'd be a centrist! Especially B-T!!

Take it, MT, and make sure you post your position so that we all know where you stand. Even if you are surprised. And no taking it over until you like it.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I can't wait to get my hands on that book, TC, I hear it's great. I am 1/2 way through Sean's book and 'Dutch: A Memoir of Ronald Reagan' is on deck.

Where are all the good liberal books, I ask. (and if someone mentions a Moore book I will puke)

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There are some intelligent liberals out there that might have a chance of making some sort of sense out of the liberal position, but I'm afraid that highschool drop-out is not the one. He's an offensive little cretin that needs to be drop-kicked for trying to act like something he's not - average Joe-6-pack.

I'd like to see Colmes try and give it a shot, assuming he's actually a liberal. He rolls too easily on Fox. I know, he's merely a token, but heck, WWF Wrestling is more realistic!!

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Why don't the Dems' have any TV/radio shows or book deals like their Rightwing counterparts? Well the dems do write books and some do have shows on TV & radio but as a writer myself I find the neccessary quotient of bull# seems to be much higher on the right than on the left these days.

Anyone who can bull# better than me, I'm not voting for... dogcatcher, let alone prez on down!! We're in a cyclical period where all is good for the right but the pendulum has already begun to swing back in the other direction. Stronger voices have come to the forefront against the Iraq war and the US must listen or face standing alone against the Arab world. The Brits are seeing a swing on this instance, and the PM may lose his support and possibly his position as PM to the opposition party.

It'll be interesting to watch shrub squirm outta this one? Who ends up the patsy and unemployed for another failed attempt by shrub to emulate daddy?

You know guys I'm finally beginning to enjoy the endeavors of this one term shrub!! Stumble on shrub, with the way your failed economic policy is affecting my 401k, I can use a good laugh occasionally.

Oh yeah, and as for old Rush, he's a dullard and a bore!!
The other guy I've never heard of so, who cares right?

And in the immortal words of Red from the 70's show:

"What a DUMBASS!!!"

Uh, shrub... I think old Red is talking to you cowboy!!

Peace

[Edited on 22-1-2003 by USMC Harrier]

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
No, dumbass, the obvious reason is people are less interested in you liberals bull crap! Otherwise liberals would move tons of books! You see, in this country people buy what they want.

The B.S. qotient is obviously high from you, but thankfully, there was a conservative nearby to set the record straight!

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Um... Thomas... Mr. Moore's book performed pretty well.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
"liberal" books vesus Right Wing? Simple. Fiction is always a top seller! The Right Wing has a built in refferal policy with all their associated web sites, Free Republic 'freeps' polls & numbers at the online book vendors.
Look at the Encarta definitions of Liberal and Conservative: cogent common sense is much more likely when all alternatives are weighed equally. Conservatives, by nature of drawing from a finite number of perspectives, come to a uniform conclusion.
I think it's more of a need to justify what they feel is flawed via multiple sources. And the showmanship factor has to weigh heavy since they're all saying the same thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join