It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell is Going on with the Weather?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Southeast Michigan USA.

Ok, last week it was around 2 degrees F, very cold and windy. Snow up to our knees, coldest month on record up till yesterday.

Now it's the 26th of December, raining 39 degree F, but that's not the issue tomorrow it's getting into the 60's.

And now we are going to break high temp records as well, so we break both high and lows for one month. One extreme to the other.

WTF! is going on? Anyone else getting crazy weather patterns.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Al Gore is manipulating the weather to support his idea that global warming exists. It will get real cold for a long time soon.

[edit on 12/26/2008 by Bramble Iceshimmer]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Down in the south is no better. I live in Alabama and the weather has been crazy too. One day it was down in the 30s then the next day it was almost 70 degrees outside. Something is not right.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Here is another question I am wondering about. Most everyone is experiencing excrutiatingly bad allergies with this bad weather change from one extreme to another where I am (North Texas).

Anyone else's area having higher than normal allergy related problems?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Nothing unusual going on out here in the northwest. Some high winds here and there and the usual snow fall that happens each season during the month of Dec.

In fact the snowfall is a bit low for the season, but not anything extreme like what is being described here as weird weather.

Well I would say take advantage of the warmer weather where it is normally very cold, save on them heating bills.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaxium
Here is another question I am wondering about. Most everyone is experiencing excrutiatingly bad allergies with this bad weather change from one extreme to another where I am (North Texas).

Anyone else's area having higher than normal allergy related problems?

I know I am having major problems. I keep waking up every morning with a stuffy nose. Something inky is really going on.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

I am in Kentucky and my sinuses have been driving me crazy.

And they usually don't.

The weather here went from 20 degrees to fifty degrees today, and tomorrow its suppose to be close to the 70's.

Its been like this since about half-way through fall when the weather started getting colder. Extremely random warm days, and far more frequent as well.

The weather is definitely screwy.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yeah its nuts We got almost 3 feet of snow

When normaly this time of the year we usually only have a foot of snow

Must be global warming.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Global Warming is a myth. That is why everyone has started to use the term Climate Change.

That way it doesn't matter if it gets cold or hot, the climate is changing, therefor they are right.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

It is called weather... fascinating isn't it?

I'm not sure the human race can survive this phase of global warming... At a minimum the hysteria, paranoia/propaganda and psychological trauma will ruin many lives.

Of course those who survive this can expect to enjoy the next summer and perhaps be better prepared for the next winter which will likely bring more of the same.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Global Warming is a myth. That is why everyone has started to use the term Climate Change.

Ok So this year so far we have 3 feet of snow when we normally get a foot.

Must be Global Climate Warming Change

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Do any of you who are having breathing problems allowing some outside air to ventelate the stale air inside? It is well documented and proven that the indoor air is up to 70 perecent dirty compared to the air outside.

Maybe try letting a little outside air ventelate the indoor air once in a while will help.

When you start to sneeze and queeze, go to a window and open it a bit and breathe in the ouside air and watch suddenly your breathing begin to clear.

Or simply step outside for a minute or two and wonder at the magic of what clean air does! It works for me quite well, both ventelating the house and going outside for fresh air.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Northeast Arkansas; Sunday, high of 23, low 13; Friday(26)high in the sixties(not sure of the exact temp but it was one degree shy of breaking a 119 year record. In our part of the country, we don't normally see temps this low until the middle of January. Nomal highs in December are in the 50's.
Can ypu say Global Cooling?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You're getting the idea.

Wait til next summer when it gets hot again and we will be back to using Global Warming.

Climate Change = winter

Global Warming = summer

Fall and Spring= the earth is in no danger

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

The same works for me as well. But that doesn't explain why people who don't have breathing problems are having problems with there sinus's.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The breach in the magnetoshere is just causing the jet stream to change its usual pattern.
My Opinion only.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I was asking my husband the exact same question earlier today. I live in Southern Indiana so the weather here has been pretty much the same as dalan's. Last week it was 7 degrees one day and in the 50's the next. A few days ago there was freezing rain and my car doors were almost frozen shut, the next day it was warm. And now it's supposed to be in the 70's here tomorrow.

I don't know what's going on with this weather, but I'm tired of this permanent cold me and my kids have had since the weather started yo-yo'ing back and forth between warm and freezing.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
The breach in the magnetoshere is just causing the jet stream to change its usual pattern.
My Opinion only.

I think this is a good observation, I would agree with you.

Temps are going up and down quickly, causing severe flooding here and ice jams too.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I just told my husband that I needed to go and start a thread on the weather, you beat me to it!
We just went through two ice storms and temps in the single digits...tonight we have been sitting on the front porch enjoying nighttime temps in the 60's and to top it off we heard spring frogs, not like we hear them in the spring in large numbers, but there are a few out tonight...this is really freaky and I have never had a problem with my sinuses, but they have been killing me the past two days!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

The extreme changes are causing problems for everyone, whether they have sinus problems or not. When it goes from extremely cold, to very warm like that it irritates your sinuses badly. I used to go from below zero in the morning, to the mid-50s in the afternoon. It caused my sinuses to bleed it got so bad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join