It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American was a Christian Nation-What happened?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

No, I just think Mkultra, political trickery and the taking over of Amerika is easier for the PTB, if there is no Christianity!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Boy the ACLU has some strange BEDFELLOWS????????

Is our primary goal in this country to ease the pain of complainers, whiners, terrorists, criminals and accommodate evil? In response to our "freedom" and the endless ACLU and CAIR law suits, we are to take those hideous memorial crosses down, wipe out any picture of Jesus that has been in a tradition in a school for 30 years, and understand that faith in God must go! We aren't to really report suspicious and scary behavior with Islamic folks acting weird or saying strange things because that's a syndrome of hate or Islamaphobia. Call your therapist! . . . Faith in God and our Christian heritage can't be seen in public these days. It can be displayed however somewhere else….in the ancient fossil collection in a few museums! After all, an atheist's feelings were hurt with "In God we Trust" on our money and that idiot pledge of allegiance…."one nation under God". Everyone knows its "one nation under the sexually confused Goddess." . . . Even though we are a nation founded on Judeo, Christian beliefs and tradition, just a few months back you may have heard of the case in Georgia. They put a stop to sex offenders having to stay 1000 feet away from schools and bus stops. It was violating there rights you know….too much to ask! They might have to buy binoculars to case out our children and some can't afford that! We wouldn't dream of making people who would violate our kids and rip out their hearts, adjust at all! . . . I have watched for years now, our children NOT learning about our Christian heritage, our persecution and insanity with religious displays and teaching sewage as the new system of morals! We all know that condoms and gay fairy tales snuck in school libraries don't hurt or confuse little kids…..just traditional morals, history and Jesus. . . . On top of it all, as we see the vicious assault on the most basic rights of freedom of speech for Christians! At the same time we see apparent indoctrination of the Muslim Religion in schools scattered across our land. Of course, try quoting John 3:16, put out a manger scene or pray before the ball game and you are toast. Lawsuit here we come! Sadly we have watched the ridiculous struggle of some chaplains, men of God, fighting to pray in Jesus name. I reference Lt. Gordon James Klingenschmitt who has been on my show many times. You might recall that he was court marshaled because he prayed in Jesus name in front of the White House Steps with Judge Roy Moore and dared to talk on Rom: 8 and pray in Jesus name again at a memorial service of one of our troops who was a Christian. No one would dream of taking away the rights of a Buddhist or Muslim chaplain to pray how they pray, so how come our military has made the feelings of a few whiners the issue and not the ministry needs of our many Christian soldiers. They only face life and death. Why trouble them with references to Jesus Christ….only the guts and centerpiece of the Holy Bible they believe in and take comfort from

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Another OT? www.signonsandiego.com...

Yep!!!!

Two San Diego court employees are suing the Superior Court because they say they have been prohibited from holding a lunch-hour Bible study in the courthouse. . . . The federal civil rights suit claims court officials unfairly denied the group's request to meet in an empty courtroom or jury deliberation room. . . . The lawsuit says the Bible study group had met in the courthouse regularly since 2000, but in April 2006, court officials banned the meeting, saying it violated court policy. . . . Mindy Barlow, one of two plaintiffs in the case, said yesterday that the lawsuit isn't about money

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
NO!!!! Another OT?

www.denverpost.com...

Yep!!!!

Three Latin crosses displayed on the official city emblem of Las Cruces, N.M., are the subject of a legal battle over the U.S. Constitution's treatment of religion and its proper place in government. . . . The fight made its way to the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Monday as a three-judge panel heard arguments from lawyers representing the city and Paul Weinbaum, a resident who is fed up with the seal. . . . Weinbaum sued Las Cruces because he believes the town has violated the Constitution in "endorsing Christianity" on city vehicles, police officers' patches and on the podium of the City Council. . . . City officials say the crosses are not religious symbols. They simply represent the city's Spanish name, which translates to "The Crosses." . . . Last year, a U.S. District Court judge in New Mexico dismissed Weinbaum's lawsuit, ruling that "a city may make use of images that have a religious connotation as long as the primary or principal effect is not to endorse religion." . . . Now Weinbaum is hoping that judges in Denver will see things his way

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
even more??????? www.law.com...

When a high school football coach tells his players to get on bended knee and bow their heads for a moment of silence before a game, is he violating the Establishment Clause by ordering the students to engage in prayer? . . . Or, instead, would the school district be violating the coach's First Amendment rights if it ordered him to stop the practice because parents had complained? . . . Those are the questions that a three-judge panel of the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals -- Theodore A. McKee Jr., Maryanne Trump Barry and D. Michael Fisher -- will be facing today in an appeal from a New Jersey federal judge's ruling in favor of the coach. . . . According to court papers, Marcus Borden has been the head football coach and Spanish teacher for 23 years at East Brunswick High School in New Jersey. . . . In 2005, Superintendent Jo Ann Magistro learned from parents that Borden had a practice of "taking a knee" and bowing his head at team dinners and in the locker room before football games. She promptly issued a policy directive ordering him to stop. . . . But Borden instead went to court and sought an injunction preventing the school district from enforcing the directive.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

oh jeez... I have to make this sign
...Sorry.

But your post was ridiculous. "Movies are made against us"..that could be the funniest thing I have ever read on ats...

Can you even name one?

Sorry, off topic. I have nothing against Christians or anyone desiring to be accepted and/ or involved in religious doctrine and beliefs, but when one who subscribes to such beliefs and make comments indicating they feel sorry for themselves or the world is against them is absolutely ridiculous.

Think about it. You are a Christian. Firstly, you are not supposed to even be affected by others opinion. You have a higher power to put all your faith and trust in. Why would you give a damn about a movie? If you think yopu have it bad, try being a Christian in the times of Nero and early Roman times...Bet you wouldn't last an hour...no offense.

I just feel no sympathy for Christians who should, according to the Bible, should not desire sympathy.

If you were really Christian, you would give up all your possessions including your computer and work selflessly. I believe that is the true definition of Christianity. Sorry. I know... off topic, but I had to adress that post.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
2 pennies-

Christianity (as many religions) is purely an individuals attempt of recognition to a higher power and how they came to be. Certainly, it affects decisions of people on a day to day basis, but in reality "Christianity" (the religion) had and has nothing to do with the United States of America. God also has nothing to do with it. I believe recognition and respect should be given to every individuals beliefs, but to think it is the basis of our country and Constitution is wrong, and to think this great country was founded on Christrianity is naive.

If anything, the magna carta had more to do with the writing of the Constitution and beliefs of the founding fathers and this nation.

Thank you for the thought....so you are going to just ignore all those quotes...and deny the source of the influence....respectfully your head is in the sand...I'd take a long look are your sources of opinions during this holiday season...ever heard of Lawrence Kolberg...he's be a good place to start...

OT

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

If you were really Christian, you would give up all your possessions including your computer and work selflessly. I believe that is the true definition of Christianity. Sorry. I know... off topic, but I had to adress that post.

???????????????

Where'd that heresy come from???

OT

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

"Movies are made against us"..that could be the funniest thing I have ever read on ats...

Can you even name one?

'Religulous', 'Saved', Southpark are only a few........

If you think yopu have it bad, try being a Christian in the times of Nero and early Roman times...

Or a Christian in Stalin's religious purges of the early 1900's!
It started with people wanting to get rid of religion!

Bet you wouldn't last an hour...no offense.

Ummm.... If I was being killed, I might not last an hour.

If you were really Christian, you would give up all your possessions including your computer and work selflessly.

No, I wouldn't be political. I would just give everything away and let my children starve?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I believe Christianity is based upon the life and story of the Christ of the Bible.

The Christ of the Bible told his disciples to give up their worldly possesions, did he not?

To be Christian, I believe you are supposed to act like Christ, are you not?

I believe one of the famous stories talks about how hard it is for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. Are you saying Christ did not live for others and did not wipe the feet of his followers (signifying the role of a slave. slave being one whom owns nothing)?

Are you frightened you may not be acting like the one you follow?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Can you even name one?

hmm?

'Golden Compass' Film Angering Christian Groups -- Even With Its Religious Themes Watered DownCatholic League worries that movie will encourage parents to buy the 'anti-Christian' books for their kids.

Source MTV

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I am not denying the founding fathers sources of influence, In fact I acknowledged them. But they were intelligent enough to not impose beliefs in common law. yes, they were Christian as most of the European nations were at that time, but Christianity had less to do with the beginnings of the United States as other factors.

suh as:
monetary policy, human rights (or the beginnings of humanism) and the belief in freedom. These ideas (which do not equateto christianity) had far more to do with our beginnings than did Christianity.

There were also other religious views in play during those times as well.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
What happened?

I, as many other Americans have, have stopped caring about religion. I'm not an atheist. I just have stopped caring about religion... I imagine that all of these other people have gotten tired of their religion as well.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I believe Christianity is based upon the life and story of the Christ of the Bible.

The Christ of the Bible told his disciples to give up their worldly possesions, did he not?

To be Christian, I believe you are supposed to act like Christ, are you not?

I believe one of the famous stories talks about how hard it is for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. Are you saying Christ did not live for others and did not wipe the feet of his followers (signifying the role of a slave. slave being one whom owns nothing)?

Are you frightened you may not be acting like the one you follow?

Casual 'observers' that was an avatar funny...always have tunnel vision...ever heard of King David, Solomon, Joseph...?

Not exactly living at the local mission....

open eyeballs SEE the whole counsel of God....

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

No, it was actually about the role of a servant, not a slave.
Not a one liner.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I am not denying the founding fathers sources of influence, In fact I acknowledged them. But they were intelligent enough to not impose beliefs in common law. yes, they were Christian as most of the European nations were at that time, but Christianity had less to do with the beginnings of the United States as other factors.

suh as:
monetary policy, human rights (or the beginnings of humanism) and the belief in freedom. These ideas (which do not equateto christianity) had far more to do with our beginnings than did Christianity.

There were also other religious views in play during those times as well.

THERE YOU GO!!!!!!

Good post!!!

OT

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion

Do you want a tissue or something?

Deny Ignorance. Nice graphic. But not a true representation of Christianity.
while Christianity is the largest religious sect, it certainly is not larger than other religions combined. Do some research before you show everybody your ass. Oh, peace.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

FI35,

Thanks for your thoughts....why have you stopped caring? When faith does so much good for folks....

OT curious!!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

this is funny:

Southpark

do you realise most of hollywood comprises of Jews and Christians?

and if you take southpark as a threat you have far more problems than your percieved 'persecution' as a Christian.

As a Christian, you should be thanking your God every day for the times you live in. Having sympathy for Christian ancestors is one thing, but in no way are Christians on the short end of the stick when it comes to media and hollywood in todays time. You need to take a step back and recognise reality. Christians, at least in most of the world are not persecuted, nor have anything to worry about when it comes to your beliefs.

Like I implied in my last posts, I don't believe you are following your religion properly anyway, and Id bet the people whom founded your religion would be hard pressed to call you a sister/ brother of the same belief.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

King David, Solomon, Joseph

Im shocked you mentioned these characters. I am sure you realise they were not Christians!?

these characters came way before Jesus. In fact i believe jesus rebelled against the very thought of these Jewish stories.

Ever heard of the pharisees and sagguccees (sp?)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join