It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infra-Red Pain Beams For Police, Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Infra-Red Pain Beams For Police, Military

www.blacklistednews.com

The infra-red device is none other than the PHaSR, which we last saw in 2005 being touted as a laser dazzler . The reason for the PHaSR's bulk is now apparent; a dazzler can be the size of a pen, but this has to pack in a lot more power to heat the target, even if it's only the outer 1/64 inch of the skin. According to the Joint Nonlethal Weapons Program's fact sheet on PHaSR:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Laser weaponry?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Now it seems the police have a new non leathel toy to play with. The is a photo of the device on the source link. It is a bout the size of a rifle. The current non leathle weapon of choice, the tazer, has killed several people, has been used on young children. So this makes me wonder to what extent this new non leathel weapon will be used on the public?

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
just the shock factor alone will make people piss themselves. all i have to say is we all better be stocking up on portable mirrors pretty soon..

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

Thanks for posting.
Portable mirrors hmmm, I guess that is an interesting idea.
Maby make a robe of mirrors, that might work. Although you could not conceal your self for what ever activity you might be engaged in.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by patent98310

Thanks for posting.
Portable mirrors hmmm, I guess that is an interesting idea.
Maby make a robe of mirrors, that might work. Although you could not conceal your self for what ever activity you might be engaged in.

They way it sounds right now it can't penetrate through thick clothing, so long sleeved sweater some thermal socks and a robe should do the trick maybe a face mask and light gloves too. After that their only option is eyes which would cause blindness I would assume and then you could just sue and now days chances are you would win. Contact lenses anyone?

Edit even better yet start a fad with one way mirror contacts lol problem solved.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by Darthorious]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This only has one purpose and that is to control large groups of people. This has no use for one on one encounters with uncontrollable people. This will not be useful at all on people who are out of their minds on P.C.P or meth, they don't feel pain. Crowd control, in the streets, in prisons or in detention camps, thats all I see for this.

[edit on 25/12/08 by Pfeil]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
1/64th of an inch. Just small enough that if one has dull pain sensitivity the cop in question can burn a hole through the heart....

hmmm The more I think about it the worse my imagination gets... A cop could also tattoo his name into your forehead... In fact it is only a matter of time before we read that here. I would bet money on it.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Mix suntan lotion with silver skin paint. Should provide limited protection and definitely wont be as noisy as wearing foil clothing.

I always wondered why some sci-fi characters wear metallic clothing. I put it down to projected future fashion and male fantasy fulfillment....

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
im thinking this could heat the inside of your head and cause brain damage...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Theres two types of Police the fat assed waiting on their pension ones, & the no neck gym workout ones who are also in the National or State Guard & have that Cowboy mentality. The later being the ones who will love this device. I've said this many times in my life about & right to their faces...Weapons are for pussies, & the Police are the biggest pussies in the known universe.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokehouseslim
I've said this many times in my life about & right to their faces...Weapons are for pussies, & the Police are the biggest pussies in the known universe.

Than you are either the baddest immortal person to ever walk the earth (badder than superman), the craziest/stupidest person to walk the earth, or someone who talks a lot of garbage nonstop.

Once you have a weapon pulled on you with the intent for it to be used you will change your mind. Unless of course you’re the immortal superman type, which I somehow doubt. Wait until a weapons saves your life.

Someone comes into my house at night (regardless if they have a weapon or not) I want a weapon to make sure my family survives without harm.

As for the story I would be curious to see how it works exactly. I can read about it all day long but until I see it actually work I am not sure of its exact power. Maybe I missed it but can it be set to different ratings/powers? Sort of sounds like the “phaser” from Star Trek in a way. William Shatner might be able to get a real job using a real phaser now.

Raist

[edit on 12/25/08 by Raist]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm not bad I just hate it when these no other options but trying to be a bad ass person with a little power can't just go man to man, because they cant. Not even the Cowboy ones. & yes I've had weapons of all sorts pulled on me & I'm still here. But let me say this, I hate & detest violence of any sort, I just know how to manipulate it to my advantage

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
im thinking this could heat the inside of your head and cause brain damage...

Actually its just suppose to penetrate one sixty forth of an inch deep. That is just enough to feel it on your skin. Its predecessor, the military area effect device that works through a parabolic antenna, went through years of testing. It apparently does not even damage the eyes.
Unforchantly I fear this new toy could be abused as the other ones have. Yes I know anything can be abused, I just prefer it when the police make the decision to use a weapon, that there intent is to kill not mame. In my opinion that will just might make them think twice about using that level for force.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

- Doesnt this look "1984" to you too?

US citizens should act before its too late!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Actually it was looking more science fiction to me.
like something you might see out of Star Treck, or something else along those lines.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I find that my probably to go absolutely nuts increases a good deal the more physical pain I feel, and I don't think I'm alone.

Unless this is going to make you experience the kind of pain that takes the wind out of you and sends you to the ground instantly, I think cops will get the opposite effect.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by Son Of Liberty]

new topics

top topics

join