It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eraser Gun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ok, I'm sure that most people here have seen the movie Eraser here. I was wondering if the gun that the whole movie is about is a fictious gun or something that might actually be used. It's seems that it's a little to far fetched for reality. Plus the scope is proably impossiable.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
can you please explain, as i have not seen the movie.
(have an idea what you are on about though)

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
ok, it's a gun that uses no ammo, it sorta make it's own I guess, it has a scope that can see through wall and stuff, and shoot rounds at roughly the speed of sound or something like that. I think that thats the best I can do. Maybe someone here can describe it better.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
do you mean some sort of charged particle beam weapon?

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Possiably. I know it's a EM gun. it uses something like depleted urainum to make bullets. I'm not giving a very good description. I'm hoping someone else can give a better one.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i do not know about that but i know charged particle beam weapons esist.

the biggest one being the HARRP system, and before anyone says no it is not, if you watch programs on the harrp system they actually admit it can be used as a charged particle beam weapon, using the whole ionisphere of the earth, so that is one mighty weapon

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
yea, in eraser those are supposed to be rail guns...rifle sized versions I guess, don't expect them to be available in the real world anytime soon

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Is this the gun?

I have no idea myself, but it might help your description?

Website accessed was here

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The government has come up with everything, and everything beyond that, I'm sure they have such a thing, perhaps not designed the same way, but I'm pretty sure they've come up with the concept of it.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That picture is exactaly the gun I'm talking about. I must apoligize for I have never heard of a Charged Particle Weapon. So could you possiably tell me what it is? And I thought that HAARP was just a big attenna. The green light on the guns in the pictures are the scopes that can see through walls and what not.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by muzz]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
www.powerlabs.org...

You too can build a similar device. If you had a ton of grant money that is.

As for running around fragging your best bud in a deathmatch.....keep playing Quake III.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

And I thought that HAARP was just a big attenna

the people at HARRP have actually admited in interviews that it has been tested and can be used as a charged particle beam weapon.

it uses the energy from the earths ionisphere. if you look up tesla weapons on the web you should find info.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It's called a Linear Magnetic Accelerator of "Rail Gun", it uses a high magnitude electrical impulse to propel a metallic armature down two parallel conducting rails utilizing the Lorenz Force resulting from the pulse.

Aritcle 1

Article 2

Google Search

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Rail guns are more than likely the artillery of the future, even if they don't take full advantage of the top projectile speed of the things. If built properly, they eliminate the need for a gunpowder charge, and are capable of insane ranges.

Hmm... the university I'm attending offers grants to students wanting to undertake a research project... I should tell them I'm constructing a high-velocity linear Lorenz accellerator, then take the $3k and go to Home Depot

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
dude screw collecting rifles i just found my self a brand new weapon!

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

By the way, thanks for the link. It was a great read. -Muzz

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by muzz]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
In my own opinion, it is a magnetic railgun, and the scope does not see through walls, as you see the picture, it displays heart beats and heat signatures but only in high resolution and is very discriptive.

The only problem with it, is that you dont know who your shooting, and in no ways can it be a charge particle cannon, for a charged particle cannon would take out an entire area within a certain field radius.

That is positively charged ion particles that utilizes in the ionisphere of the planet. That is where it gathers its energy(to my logic i may be wrong and probably am, i would like someone to show me otherwise, i would really enjoy it though!).

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
could u imagine the power a tank sized 1 would have!
now thats somthing 2 put on ur birthday list

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
could u imagine the power a tank sized 1 would have!
now thats somthing 2 put on ur birthday list

Umm no...

Dont even think of that, and here is why-

IF something like that were ever built, and people would put that on "thier birthday lists" as you say, then imagine a mad scientist who is bent on world domination have his family give that for is birthday.

That would be a very scary thought, lets hope a "tank sized one" will never be built (even though im pretty shure one the size of a skyscraper will).

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
be handy for snipers !
also 1 rail gun tank would surly kick any tanks ass
no smoke, no sound, no trace ,no chance
also imagine infantry with a rail gun i already made a plan for a rifle but imagine it the ultimate rifle

top topics

<<   2 >>

join