It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eraser Gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If im remembering the movie right... the gun uses magnetic accelleration to shoot an Aluminum slug so fast that its pretty much molten after it travels past the barrel.

Now the scope is more sketchy.. seems like they could just zoom in through anything but still see bones and the heart. It would have to use X-Rays or something like that to do it.

I think the energy required for the weapon is the big problem. Unless is has a mini-fusion reactor built in. Or take 20 mins to charge up for a shot.

Im sure this will become reality in no time (if it isnt already).

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
it is and the 1 i have plans for wont take 20s to power up its fully powered all the time
but the interesting thing about rail guns is that the longer the rails the faster the projectile goes!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The options are almost endless. You mount one to a tank, use one for arttilery, give you infantry one. It seems like the most perfect weapon. to be able to fire a projectile so fast that the friction from the air would cause it to melt would be an awesome weapon. I would really like to see a gun like this in the future. -Muzz

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i know but it would be costly giving each soldier at least 1 car battery each and a couple of poles and metal items

top topics

<< 1   >>

join