It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Fringe fans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So I am anxiously waiting for Fringe to continue in January.

The show has left a lot of questions un answered, and when I think they are going to wrap them up, they create more,LOL.

And the episode with the deal with the apple, that storyline really has me interested. As well as what they are going to do with the escaped mad scientist.

Here are a few thoughts, what are yours?

I think the pattern is going to be linked with Massive Dynamic.
I think that the Psychiatrist in charge of walter and the other scientist at the Mental Institution works for MD, and deliberately messed with the minds so they don't remember their experiements.

I think John is is going to betray Agent Dunham. That he works or is controlled by MD.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Ive been watching fringe.
I like all the weird things they encounter and deal with on the show. As far as being enjoyable to watch its the plot that mostly keeps it going for me. I also think the doctors son, I think his name is John, might have a thing for agent Durham. Yes I am something of a hopeless romantic, although with my avatar that probably goes with out saying. I might change my mind later but for now that is what I like to think is happening.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by RedGolem]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I've seen parts of a couple of epi's, I usually like JJ Abrams stuff, but I coulodn't follow what wsa happening.

It seems like a re hash of the X-files, (But I don't even know if there are continuous storylines or it's something different each epi.

I want to get into it because Abrams raises some astounding questions in his work, but I just didn't connect with it.

Maybe you can help convert me...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I don't think I would call it a rehash of the xfiles. It is far stranger then the xfiles in my opinion.
I don't know what could be done to help you connect with the series aside from talking about it here. That is kind of what this thread is for.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

It is x-filish but different enough that it is refreshing. These days you can't come up with an idea without it mimicing someone else's. The one similar t hing is that they have a character similar to the smoking man. Unlike x-files, all the weird things have a connection and will eventually involve the same people and companies.

But I describe it as x-files meets CSI.

But I am a fan of sci-fi and I have seen many new and refreshing ideas in there.

If you haven't watched it from the beginning, it would be hard to keep up with.

Though after a few episodes you can get the gist of it.

They do have a lot of hanging plot storylines, but because of the nature of the show, I think they will all end up coming together and making sense.

I am sure you can find episodes online and catch yourself up. I dont' think you will regret. If you say you want to like it, then you have seen enought o catch your interest.

New episodes start next week. so get crackin! lol

If anything, just watching Walter is fun.

btw, I just discovered recently that the actor who plays walter plays Denethor in the LOTR, the return of the king.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am a follower. What I do enjoy about this show is that some of the story lines are experiments that the gov has tried in the past. I mean hey isn't that why we are on a conspiracy board? I wonder though how many people actually watching the show know that or think it's purely entertainment?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I've been watching, still have a couple of episodes dvr'd that I need to watch though....

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I like the show. It's setting is local for me, which I find interesting. The plots can certainly be confusing and I admit I am not sure where the story line is always going but that keeps me coming back and hopefully I will understand by the end.

The father son relationship is interesting as well, pretty much roll reversal. And who would have thought from Dawsons Creek to this.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The dad scientist is really the only big draw for me to the show...I love his character...very unique....

new topics

top topics

join