It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India threatens Pakistan with deadline for WAR

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Just keep in mind, Global Nuclear Winter is possible if enough
of these get set off.

Also keep in mind Alpha and Beta particles will be in the food chain
for about 30 years.

Thanks for the info. It just comes a point where we must quit letting people scare us with what might happen. Living in fear or being bombarded on a daily basis of some impending doom is not a way of life. If these people or anybody is serious about their threats, then just do it and we will deal with the aftermath if there is anything left to deal with.

I also wish it would go away, but with the plans the Russians are
making it seems they think it is a sure thing.

Mt. Yamantau - massive bunker for 60,000+

The sheer cost of this makes one ponder why other nations are
taking similar actions that have grim forebearance.

Doomsday Seed Vault

We have ppl writing books saying the carrying capacity of the earth
is 500 million, and that 6.1 billion of us need to get off their ride.

They even have the audactiy to carve it in stone and stick it on a hill.

The Georgia Guidestones

I know ppl question the motives for the stones, but it is sure odd they
picked the same mantra as the carrying capacity ppl.

I think it is true if we try to keep going like we have been we will
cause serious problems for the earth such as the current massive
earth wide coral die offs.

I am not asking you to be afraid.

I am asking you to evaluate what you see and prepare accordingly.

We correct our course or we go down the same path that has lead us
to countless wars in the past.

Ignoring the warning signs on the financial mess is about to brutally
show what comes from not putting in check those that would do
the world and its ppl great harm.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Just keep in mind, Global Nuclear Winter is possible if enough
of these get set off.

Also keep in mind Alpha and Beta particles will be in the food chain
for about 30 years.

Thanks for the info. It just comes a point where we must quit letting people scare us with what might happen. Living in fear or being bombarded on a daily basis of some impending doom is not a way of life. If these people or anybody is serious about their threats, then just do it and we will deal with the aftermath if there is anything left to deal with.

I also wish it would go away, but with the plans the Russians are
making it seems they think it is a sure thing.

Mt. Yamantau - massive bunker for 60,000+

The sheer cost of this makes one ponder why other nations are
taking similar actions that have grim forebearance.

Doomsday Seed Vault

We have ppl writing books saying the carrying capacity of the earth
is 500 million, and that 6.1 billion of us need to get off their ride.

They even have the audactiy to carve it in stone and stick it on a hill.

The Georgia Guidestones

I know ppl question the motives for the stones, but it is sure odd they
picked the same mantra as the carrying capacity ppl.

I think it is true if we try to keep going like we have been we will
cause serious problems for the earth such as the current massive
earth wide coral die offs.

I am not asking you to be afraid.

I am asking you to evaluate what you see and prepare accordingly.

We correct our course or we go down the same path that has lead us
to countless wars in the past.

Ignoring the warning signs on the financial mess is about to brutally
show what comes from not putting in check those that would do
the world and its ppl great harm.

Good Luck to you all !

That's scary,I can't even imagine the cost of building such a bunker 60,000+ thousand

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
At the risk of being thrown out of here after a new awakening and knowledge of ATS, I find the justice scales in here a little lopsided.

I came in her to comment on "India threatens Pakistan with war", advancing to the latest post before commenting to display some manners and decorum, and find a sociological discussion on global nuclear winter resultant of a global nuclear conflict.
What gives in here??????
I get warned for making some side handed comment about Phahraoman needing medication and me getting off topic (my apologies for that senior moderator) and I can't event see any comment on the this threads topic.
What gives moderator.
I'm happy to comply with forum rules when new to a forum but this is a little lopsided.
Enlighten me please......... I'm going to have another smoke with my baby boy

[edit on 12/26/0808 by stockwhip]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I think this is just speculation on what "would" happen if war did break out between these two nuclear armed countries...I don't think any of this is off topic because it is a real possibility, though a remote possibility.?

[edit on 26-12-2008 by thecry]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hey guys, its Dec. 26th. See you all in the mushroom cloud!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
Hey guys, its Dec. 26th. See you all in the mushroom cloud!

no.......but i did see this

news.yahoo.com...

looks like there getting ready to throw stuff at least

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well this news just makes things a little more stressful
I must say i had a nice xmass with family and i hope it's not my last

Pakistani officials say the Pakistani army is moving troops toward India amid tensions with New Delhi over last month's terrorist attacks in Mumbai.

Witnesses say hundreds of troops are moving eastward from Pakistan's northwestern border with Afghanistan, where soldiers have been fighting al-Qaida and Taliban militants.

voanews.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
Well this news just makes things a little more stressful
I must say i had a nice xmass with family and i hope it's not my last

Pakistani officials say the Pakistani army is moving troops toward India amid tensions with New Delhi over last month's terrorist attacks in Mumbai.

Witnesses say hundreds of troops are moving eastward from Pakistan's northwestern border with Afghanistan, where soldiers have been fighting al-Qaida and Taliban militants.

voanews.com...

There has been a back and forth thing going on with Pakistan and India way before Pakistan attacked India in this cowardly way. They of course were behind it and India knows it. The s---t is going to hit the fan there for a while at the borders, per usual, and then the sides will retreat. Then something else will happen and the same military build up again at the borders and so on and so on.

I do think, however, that the Mumbai attacks were a new kind of way of getting to the them. The are usuing pissed off / brainwashed youngsters who are highly educated and skilled to pull these things off. The younger generation really believes in education there and they take time and effort to do so. Hate is the ruling factor here.

Hate + Fear + Education (and propoganda?) + young hormones = Really skilled Terrorist.

I don't know who is right in this conflict. I do know, however, that the implications are global and downright frightening.

Not to be trite here, but if my HP messes up who will take my call to help me fix it now? The Indians who normally answer the phone might be gone.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stockwhip
I came in her to comment on "India threatens Pakistan with war", advancing to the latest post before commenting to display some manners and decorum, and find a sociological discussion on global nuclear winter resultant of a global nuclear conflict.
What gives in here??????

It's pretty easy to make the jump from "military conflict" to a "nuclear conflict" between these two countries.

India vs Pakistan - Evaluation on Military Strengths

Military Budgets and Economic Impact

Pakistan’s defence budget for the year 2006-07 was $4.1 billion (~3% of GDP) in response to India’s hike in defence budget of 2006-07 at $20.11 billion (~ 2.5% of GDP).
******SKIP******
Manpower and Ground Forces

As of 2005, India has the second largest military manpower in the world - at 3,773,300 personell, next only to China. Pakistan’s manpower of 1,449,000 personell,
******SKIP******
In terms of both numbers and equipments, Indian military dominates the Pakistani ground forces.
******SKIP******
Comparison of Air Forces

As of 2006, Indian Air Force (IAF) has over 170,000 personnel and 3,382 aircrafts, of which 1,330 are combat aircrafts operating off 61 airbases - making it the fourth largest air force in the world.
******SKIP******
Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has about 530 combat aircrafts and 65,000 active personnel, operating out of 9 airbases.
******SKIP******
Naval and Sea Based Forces

At present, Pakistan’s navy owns over 45 vessels , most of them of US or European origin which include submarines, destroyers, frigates, patrol and mine warfare boats. It operates from its sole naval port in Karachi and sometimes from naval facilities in UK, USA and France.
******SKIP******
Indian Navy on the other hand, is a three dimensional naval force consisting of missile-capable warships, an aircraft carrier, mine sweepers and a host of marine aircrafts.
******SKIP******
The navy operates from its major naval bases in Visakhapatnam, Mumbai, Goa and the Andaman Islands. Indian Navy has significant capabilities of being a true blue water Navy and is experienced both in war and peacekeeping
******SKIP******
The Nuclear Club

At present Pakistan’s nuclear stockpile is slated to be around 30-40 warheads while India possesses 70-100 warheads. The nuclearisation of India and Pakistan became a turning point in the history of conflicts between these two countries with high tensions but no war, not very much unlike the US vs USSR Cold War.
******SKIP******
The Final Verdict

Both Pakistan and India are almost evenly matched head to head in nuclear and missile fronts, however India has strategic and technological superiority over the conventional forces of Pakistan.
******SKIP******
If a purely conventional war were to take place between both these countries, India would most likely overpower Pakistan owing to its superior military technology and infrastructure, larger manpower, more territorial area and a strategic advantage in its sea and air forces. It must also be noted that a war between these two countries will matter more than India’s conventional superiority as both these nations are nuclear powers on an equal deadlock. India has maintained a ‘no first use’ nuclear policy in the lines of a similar policy by China while Pakistan does not have any such policy, considering their only hope against India is in nuclear deterrance.

The verdict and what a lot of people realize is that India has a huge advantage when it comes to a conventional war with Pakistan, the fear is that if fighting starts between these two countries, Pakistan will pretty quickly start losing the conflict and decide their only recourse would be to launch a nuclear attack.

[edit on 12/26/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Breaking:

India alerts air force along Line of Control; Transports heavy guns, ammunition

Islamabad—As India continued transporting heavy guns and war machines to strategic areas along Line of Control Indian Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor Thursday rushed to Siachen Glacier and forward areas of occupied Jammu and Kashmir “to check the operational preparedness of the troops.”

Intelligence reports confirmed Thursday extra-ordinary moves at India’s Western Air Command with headquarters in Delhi which is responsible for air operations from occupied Kashmir to Rajasthan including Punjab. Thursday a movement of Indian Air Force Operations Group dedicated for occupied Jammu & Kashmir including Ladakh was also detected by the defence observers in the region.

According to Indian media reports that Gen Kapoor left for Siachen Glacier “on Thursday and will interact with the unit commanders and senior officers, before returning to the Capital after taking stock of the situation.”

The report added that India too had deployed Quick Reaction Air Force and Army teams at Western border.

The media reports confirmed that India has deployed Quick Reaction Air Force and Army teams on the western border. “Air force units have also been deployed at Jaisalmer, Barmer and Bhuj”.

There are five operational air commands in India controlling 45 fixed-wing squadrons and 20 helicopter units.

India’s Mi 26 heavy lift helicopter fleet was also seen active Thursday transporting heavy gins and ammunition along the borders with Pakistan while Mi 17s and Mi 8s, were also seen moving along the LoC.

(Pakistan Observer)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chips

Hmm, this makes me wonder if its going to be more than just surgical strikes. There seems to be indications that special operations could end up being involved. This could be a raid to capture LET members or the Indian equivalent of TACP (Tactical Air Control Party) to coordinate and assess air strikes on LET targets.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Breaking:

CIA warns of nuclear war in subcontinent

The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has warned the Bush administration of a possible nuclear war between India and Pakistan.

The turmoil in Afghanistan and Pakistan could spill over into Jammu & Kashmir, prompting Indian leaders to take aggressive and retaliatory action, according to the CIA.

In assessing the security situation in the region, a CIA report observed: "Continued turmoil in Afghanistan and Pakistan will spill over into Kashmir and other areas of the subcontinent, prompting Indian leaders to take more aggressive pre-emptive and retaliatory actions.

"India's conventional military advantage over Pakistan will widen as a result of New Delhi's superior economic position… Changing military capabilities will be prominent among the factors that determine the risk of war."

The report, titled Global Trends 2015, which is now available with Pakistan's interior affairs ministry, further observed: "India most likely will expand the size of its nuclear-capable force. Islamabad has publicly claimed that the number of nuclear weapons/missiles it deploys will be independent of the size of India's arsenal. But a noticeable increase in the size of the Indian arsenal will prompt Pakistan to further increase the size of its arsenal."

On Pakistan's economic woes, the CIA said: "Pakistan will not recover easily from decades of political and economic mismanagement. Nascent democratic reforms will produce little change in the face of opposition from an entrenched political elite and Islamic parties."

(dnaindia.com)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Here's some dilly from Buck350:

Brilliant! Didn't know all those Looney Tunes cartoons were on YouTube! Well, there goes my morning...
I gather that the end of the 30 day deadline on 12/26 is not an automatic trigger-pull, but rather the opening of an operational window that could extend for a few weeks. Supposedly sometime in there would be 48-72 hours of air ops at least. The context I heard all this in was that the effect of this on open markets was an active consideration on the Indian side, so the holiday schedules this week may be a factor. The new moon on 12/27, caught my eye, and that would probably matter to the IAF, but may not be a showstopper. IAF Air to Ground capability is roughly at the level of the coalition forces in Desert Storm, so local weather is a major factor for using what passes as "precision guided munitions" over there. Who knows. Blowing up a few empty "training camps" and ISI HQ may be all they need to do for domestic political purposes, and the US may be promising India the moon to not screw up the Afghanistan mission. But there are huge international undercurrents and cross purposes involved here, plus it is hard for most westerners to understand the impact of the deep Pak/Indian Muslim/Hindu animosity at work here. These are not entirely rational players. My real concern is that any decision process to launch the first nuke may be much clearer than a decision to not launch the next one. Got a link for the old Mickey Mouse cartoon of the Sorcerer's Apprentice? If they start, will anyone know how to stop? In my more paranoid moments, I sometimes consider a prompt first class family vacation in say, New Zealand, if these guys toss 50 or or more nukes, for reasons debated in an earlier thread.

www.tickerforum.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think Paulson and Bernanke knew early on that Wile E. Coyote had already run straight off the cliff, so they chose to focus on frantic efforts to slow his descent before J6P notices the "gravity" of what has happened. The desperate hope being that maybe the proles won't panic telegenically on the way down, and that when we hit the canyon floor, we might even arrive at something less than terminal velocity

No theres a real scenario. The coyote and roadrunner getting it on with the help of Bernanke. So whos the coyote India or Pakistan?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Post was from Tickerblog FYI

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Nice..very nice indeed.
On one hand there is a 48 hr deadline for Israel by Ahmedinajabad(don knw the spellin) and the other hand india-pakistan..
Muslim world gonna go n save palestine..whos gonna save pakistan?????

[edit on 29-12-2008 by metalmush]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MidNight sun

Don;t be in AWE of your teacher this conflict has been brewing ever since the partitioning by Great Britain....What makes it dangerous is,thanks to the Clinton Administration, Pakistan has nukes,and are quite capable of using them....

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Update: India: Pak must hand over terror suspects

I wonder what happens if nothing ever comes out of it and a new terrorist attack happen on India?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join