It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Having An 18th Child An Eco-Crime Against Humanity?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
For those of you who may have missed it, the Duggar family of Arkansas just had their 18th child. In a world of dwindling resources, this story has once again sparked a debate about whether humanity should be free to multiply as they wish or whether strict population controls are needed for the good of mankind.

For most of human history, the thought of the government or anyone else restricting how many children one could have was absolutely unthinkable.

However, today there are many, particularly in the Western world, who are more than willing to restrict their own reproductive capabilities.

One 27 year old woman named Toni Vernelli told the Daily Mail why she decided to get permanately sterilized: "Every person who is born uses more food, more water, more land, more fossil fuels, more trees and produces more rubbish, more pollution, more greenhouse gases, and adds to the problem of over-population."

Some activists have even gone to the extreme by forming "The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement" which seeks to reduce the presence of humanity on earth as much as possible.

Their motto is: “May we live long and die out”.

So is the ballooning population of planet earth a huge threat to the environment? Do we need to implement strict population controls for the good of mankind?....

shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
No its not an act against humanity, it all depends on how that 18th Child decides to live.

Its like questiontaning your own excistance over resources, the problem lies in your ability to control your consumption and your own greed, I'm pretty sure if everyone around the world decided to go vegan and ride bicycles this tread wouldn't exsist.

Fox

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think having a child right now is stupid, selfish, stupid.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Well sorry you feel that way as I'm expecting my first child in a few months.

As for having 18, it's absolutely ridiculous. Eco-Crime Against Humanity? Maybe. Example of the utmost ignorant selfishness? Definitely.

Having 1 or 2 kids isn't that bad, especially if you raise them to make this dark world a better place.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If they were a family on welfare, then perhaps your logic would apply.
What exactly do you know about the family?
Do you judge them only on the number of children they have?
That's just sad.
There are families out there with far less children, who are a drain on our resources just because they have enough money to buy whatever they want.
Michelle Duggar buys USED items whenever she can. RECYCLING????

Perhaps you should do your homework.

Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar married July 21st, 1984. At that time, they chose to use the birth control pill. They thought, “We don’t want children right now. We can’t afford them. We want children in our timing, when we’re ready.” Four years later they decided to have their first child. Then, Michelle went back on the pill, but she conceived and had a miscarriage. At that point they talked with a Christian medical doctor and read the fine print in the contraceptives package. They found that while taking the pill you can get pregnant and then miscarry. They were grieved! They were Christians! They were pro-life! They realized that their selfish actions had taken the life of their child. They prayed and asked God to forgive them, and to teach them to love children like He loves children. They asked God to bless them with as many children as He saw fit in His timing. Right after that Michelle got pregnant with twins! To date they have been blessed with 17 children, (10 boys and 7 girls) Joshua (& wife Anna), Jana & John-David (twins), Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah & Jeremiah (twins), Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer (and #18 due in January 2009!).

www.duggarfamily.com...

And may I add...
WELCOME JORDYN-GRACE! Born December 18.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Is have 18 kids an Eco-crime? No, that is certainly insane. However, I do truly believe that we have too many safety laws in place and too many things that help the old live beyond their years.

Nowadays there's nothing to really "thin the herd" so to speak, which is (in my opinion) the reason so many STD's and other viruses are getting stronger and evolving. By the time you are sixteen years old you should have enough intelligence and conscious ability to weigh the pros and cons of wearing a seat belt and make your own choice. If you choose not to and die in a car crash then it's your own fault. You made a bad decision and your genetic irresponsibility will not be passed on to more children.

We shouldn't be punishing people for putting themselves in dangerous situations. Children who don't know any better sure...but people who have the information presented to them have made their own choice.

I smoke cigarettes.
I am fully aware of the possibilities.
I don't care.
Stop over taxing me and trying to make it illegal.

EDIT: Also, life support needs to be stopped. If you can not breathe on your own, you need to die. This may make me sound heartless, but believe it or not I've actually had people close to me like this. Keeping these people alive wastes space, energy, and resources.

[edit on 12/23/08 by TasteTheMagick]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The Duggars are part of a religious movement called "Quiverfull," which advocates having as many children as possible so they'll be able to fight the upcoming Holy Wars of Armageddon. In other words, religious wack jobs.

As if the war will be won by sheer numbers, and not by technological advantage. Killing 18 people is a piece of cake these days.

Anyway, if one person has 18 kids or three couples have three kids each, it's still a net gain, and just as much of a strain on the environment. So it doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well according to a lot of folks here on ATS, humand cannot have an effect on the environment,that we have infiinite resources, so therefor it is not an issue.

These kids are a healthy weight, look happy, get along well with each other, are very caring and considerateand GASP,active.

They look better then most small household families do.

That is more important then anything. They seem frugal, and don't have any unnceccary excesses. They spend time with each other.

They may even be using less resources since each teen doesn't have their own SUV, a closet full of imported clothes made by some poor child in Indonesia.

Since they are outside playing all the time and not spending their time on electronics, tehy are probably using far less electricity.And their house isnt filled with toxic laden imported electronic toys.

Like the PP said, it is the type of lifestyle that can be consuming, not the number of people.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I just want to say congrats on your upcoming blessing! And that is exactly what I am doing, raising my tot to make the world a better place.And if things are dark and bleak, he brings a lot of life into my life, and many others.

Children are priceless treasures, not dependents, or jobs.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If a family can support that many children without taxpayer help then its really no ones business how many kids two people have...

It's wrong to bring a child into this world that you cannot support on your own.
It's wrong to knowingly and willingly bring a disadvantaged child who will need care for the rest of their life into this world.
It's wrong to bring a child into this world in a separated family...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

I disagree with your last statement there. A child doesn't NEED societies view of what a "complete" family is.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Some more of my thoughts on the subject, I, personally was miraculed and designated to hold a human into and through life( I was 18 and never forgot my pill, living with the dad for 1yr or so)well I was that one percent that the pill failed. I kept it a secret as my job at the time was taking care of two adults, the house, wash, meals, cleaning, and the five children aged 9 down, it was horrible. The responsibility of bringing in life was to me flagrant, and the consideration of an abortion was on my mind for several hours everyday until the 4 month limit was up and it was too late. Some close relatives started noticing that I was sort of deformed(Am petite) THEY KNEW, and then my son was welcomed by everyone, it was all very fast - really bad things happened to both of us, and I am so truly sorry for all of my son's suffering and hardships. I will feel even more guilty if SHTF. As for the environment, well he is seduced by false desires like most, but will not reproduce.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Reality check here please. The 18th child here is part of an eco-crime, and a "useless eater?"

Killing millions of people in Iraq with DU going around the world for billions of years is an "eco-service?" The same murdering eugenicist elites that create the world of overpriced scarcity and bad chemistry on the other hand serve our ecosphere, do they?

Considering that too many people abort their babies anyway, why blame a family for having whatever number of children they want. Who has the social responsibility anyway, the elite criminals who profit by killing people and ruining the world even for themselves, or a rare family who has its 18th child?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

It's wrong to bring a child into this world in a separated family...

I also disagree with this, what if your 8 months pregnant and then the dad gets run over on his way home. Do you murder the kid so you aint a 1 parent family.

I'm actually for effective birth control. I think our population could do with down sizing and people having 18 kids isn't helping.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I welcome your beautyfull creative courageous child and I know you will be a good parent and you will succeed in protecting and teaching your child intelligently.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Can't we just go straight to genocide without all your torturous little baby steps in between?
Groovy people, with deep sensitivity, (perhaps people much like yourself), have indeed been called by God or Gaia or (fashion) to sit in judgment over who lives and who dies...It is indeed a mighty and awful burden for such witch-finders, that they know what is right...but fortunately they are so sweet and precious I feel their decisions will be just as lame and weak as they themselves and their friends and their personal lives...
Maybe it's an eco-crime that you have been so eco-privileged as to have consumed such resources that you are able to be ahead of the curve in recognizing eco-crimes, thus leading to your eco-arrogance (both you and the Yanomamo are too good to live in this world, but you got to drink more Coca-Cola than they did in getting there...THE REVOLUTION EATS ITS CHILDREN)

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
She is the wife that keeps on giving.

Actually so many births puts a toll on her femenine parts and health. I guess her husband make enough money to pay for all the surgery that she needs to keep her bladder from dropping and her uterus.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Reality check here please. The 18th child here is part of an eco-crime, and a "useless eater?"

Killing millions of people in Iraq with DU going around the world for billions of years is an "eco-service?" The same murdering eugenicist elites that create the world of overpriced scarcity and bad chemistry on the other hand serve our ecosphere, do they?

Considering that too many people abort their babies anyway, why blame a family for having whatever number of children they want. Who has the social responsibility anyway, the elite criminals who profit by killing people and ruining the world even for themselves, or a rare family who has its 18th child?

I don't think that I could have said that better myself.

But, this is EXACTLY the kind of thinking our world leaders WANT. That is why they push the Global Warming issue so much. The first time I watched "An Inconvenient Truth," I told my girlfriend that the "eco" movement would be used to make it OK to slaughter.

Al Gore is a useless tool.

I say that the only restriction that should be put on breeding is mandatory IQ tests, and you have to score over a certain level to be allowed to have children.

Having 18 kids wouldn't be a problem if OUR GOVERNMENTS would stop manipulating humanity and started helping. The human race could have been living "eco-friendly" a long time ago, Tesla created technologies that could have CLEANLY powered the world. But because of GREED from the same people pushing the Global Warming tripe, we use our current utilities instead.

That is dangerous thinking OP, that is the exact thinking that our world elite are wanting to push on everyone.

[edit on 12/23/2008 by dalan.]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

Over taxing? You haven't been taxed nearly enough. Your habit will cost your employer due to your increased sick days, and when you reach the point where you can no longer work, and have to go on disability and or medicaid, guess who pays? The taxpayers.
You say "when you can't breathe, the you need to die." I've heard that countless times over the years, but it seems that those same patients can't change their minds fast enough as their condition worsens.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
that family literally disgusts me.

god said dont use condoms or spill your seed, so lets keep #en till we got 18 kids.. retarded. they cant even support all the children, but they are so ....arggg w/e

if i ever saw the mother or father id puke on their chest. especially the mother, does she have to wear a special harness so they dont just fall out after the 11th child? the vagina is not a toy... jokes.

but seriously, disgust.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join