It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Having An 18th Child An Eco-Crime Against Humanity?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Now, i can understand the issue with having over 10 kids in a single homestead. resources being as they are and what not. However, there is a phenomena taking place in western nations where no one is having any kids at all. the birth rate is either 0 or in the negatives and this creates a problem. no kids today means no adults tomorrow. To put it plainly, all you middle aged folks today will have no youngsters to get money from. there will be old people everywhere, people who cannot work and make a good deal of money.

It will be the socially devised version of "Children of Men".

please dont have a million kids but also for the love of god don't listen to them 'voluntary human extinction' nut jobs. Have 2 kids and be happy, whilst keeping the species strong.

besides over population is natural in all of nature, its dealt with in an effective way whereby the species is reduced to a controllable size, i believe that's what is happening now.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Quality is the issue for me - not quantity. Proper commitment between two intelligent adults who enjoy fulfilling their respective functions is the most important criteria - emotional sanity has been cultivated in both(female intuition and male rational perfect blend) - a stong creative and healthy environment is in place to receive and sustain this new life. The parents and or grandparents should be thouroughly knowledgable about - mind body and soul health! The future after the end, will look more like the beginning before industry removed us from our true natures.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Bull! Since then, I'll have you know that I've spent LESS days sick. So my employer can kiss my ass. Also, it's entirely my choice and I'm sick to death of people complaining. You don't like it: don't do it. And as to your medicare/aid crap, I know for a fact that I'll never be on it because there's no way in hell I'd take it.

Furthermore: I don't care if you changed your mind. If you are incapable of living without being attached to a machine, you'll just have to accept the fact that it is time for you to die. But it's people like you that fight for the "right" to live. We waste a lot of energy keeping people on life support, while in reality the "natural" way would just be to let these people move on and die.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This is so true. I was discussing these Duggars earlier today, and was wondering if she had to actually be sewn up or something to keep the baby from falling out. I don't hear about her being on total bedrest or anything either. Who knows, but that aspect of the 18 kids thing(as a woman with the same parts!) really creeps me out.

As to it being a crime, heck no! Do yall realize they built that home themselves? I admire the work ethic and morals these parents are instilling in these kids. The oldest one actually found a girl willing to marry into the family! And for all her kids and age, Michelle looks beautiful. I think in no way is this an eco crime, this family is an asset to our planet.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
The Duggars are part of a religious movement called "Quiverfull," which advocates having as many children as possible so they'll be able to fight the upcoming Holy Wars of Armageddon.

Nohup,
Are you kidding?

They may be of the 'quiverfull' persuasion, but NOT TO FIGHT IN Armageddon!

[edit on 25-12-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

I would like to give a direct answer to the question posed at the beginning of this Thread - an unequivical "YES". The Earth's population in 1950 was 2.5 billion. By 1990 it was five billion and today it stands just under seven!! The UNESCO projection for 2050AD is nine billion. This population growth will cause wars; famines; desertification and water shortages; pollution and ecological collapse that will bring about mass extinctions in the animal and plant kingdoms. If you believe in a God of compassion and care about your fellow man you will NOT have eighteen children. Some evangelical christians justify large families as part of the God's command in Genesis to go forth and multiply. However, this was in an empty world if you believe the biblical narrative as it is written. When couples, through a complete selfish disregard go ahead and have this number of children they sin against us all. They reek havoc on the ecological balance for future generations. It would be much better to improve the quality of life for a much smaller group of children giving them an abundant and healthy Planet.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If you can produce 18 strong, healthey kids free of genetic defect that's good.
There are a lot of people who should never have children at all, and there should be an agressive manditory sterilization program in place. There are over 4000 hereditary defects that need to be eliminated.

Tastethemajic, As to people living "beyond their years"..... how many years do you think people should live?

I agree that this life support thing is carried out too often. There comes a time when it is better to die.

The rest of God's command "Be fruitful, and multiply and replenish the Earth.
Replenish means to fill again, but somehow folks seen to think it means breed yourselves to oblivion.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I think that as long as you can live without the support of some kind of machine then that's fine. My problem is simply all of the respirators and feeding tubes and things like that. I mean, I understand that these statements may make me sound like a frigid bitch, but when you can no longer sustain your own life...I just think it's time to give up the ghost.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 30 Seconds

that family literally disgusts me.

they cant even support all the children, but they are so ....arggg w/e

but seriously, disgust.

Actually they do support all the kids, I'm sure it's a hand full but they are not on the states dole.

We're talking about Arkansas people, I've lived here all my life. Sure they are strange but by far not the strangest thing I've seen in this land.

The other day I saw a 12 year old girl smoking, IN FRONT OF HER CHILDREN!

Even our former governor Mike Huckabee described this state as a banana republic, and he wasn't joking.

I don't think having 18 children should be considerd a crime. A freak show maybe but few things in this state could escape that classification.

I LOVE living here.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Crime? I don't know. But 18 kids? Thats not a family, thats a herd...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
Crime? I don't know. But 18 kids? Thats not a family, thats a herd...

Just think, they could have an actual basketball game and have members covering the team, on both freakin' sides.

How kewl is that!!??

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
To the people who said this family is not taking money from the state or federal government, have you considered what federally funded financial aid packages will give to these children when they reach college? Since a large part of the elidgibility for financial aid is based on the size of the family and how many kids are currently in college, these kids will likely all get a free ride. This money will come from US tax payers. I somehow doubt this family can provide college to 18 children without this assistance.

I don't agree with having 18 children. I certainly don't agree with the ridiculous christian beliefs that made them chose to have 18 kids. But, I also don't think it is my place to decide if they should be able to have these kids or not.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Shame on all of you hateful people for being angry with this family. The people who are for population control/reduction need to practice what they preach. If you feel that strongly about it, commit suicide. Don't just tell others how to live.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MandM
Is Having An 18th Child An Eco-Crime Against Humanity?

NO. It's their right as human beings to have as many children as they wish to.

As long as they can afford it I have no problem with it.

Hey .... Ya' know that UBL is one of 64 kids that his father had, right?

If you want to ask about ECO-Crimes ... go take a look at the number of kids that are being pumped out in places where the usual outcome for the children is just fodder for terrorists to use.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I see no crime except the crime of those who don't mind their own business.

There are single people on this planet that use more resources than this entire family ever will in their lifetimes.

I see nobody starving, I see none of them asking for help, I see a self sufficient family unit.

I see a beautiful family making a good life. What's to protest about that?

Why are the liberals afraid of them? Because they won't grow up needing social services? They don't need no dam village - they are the village.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Beleive it or not, the world can sustain 40 billion people. Yeap 40 billion. The way we manage our resources and fritter away what we have is unsustainable, so 6 billion is going to overcrowd what we have already. By researching sustainable energy and utilizing it to accommodate a growth in population as well as the super rich sharing in their wealth, (what person any way is worth 100 billion dollars?) we can sustain a population growth. The feeding frenzy of panic done by the media and other outlets only causes trouble, producing an inability to really focus on what matters. Our ability to really grow as a people (metaphorically this time) Having 18 children is a blessing. Having children is a satisfying experience. But to those who really can't afford it? There are so many avenues that can be taken in this argument, but I really do beleive that if we stop the wars and get the rich to share and help with the economy we wouldn't be in this hideous mess in the first place.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyg5646

You are assuming they will go to college, which most people in that region do not. Personally I would rather see 18 kids who've been raised with a work ethic go through college on assistance and finish than the millions of recipients who do not. Not sure if you have read the govt. statistics but something like 75 percent of incoming college freshmen receive aide and only about 11 percent graduate. Most of the dropouts apparently also default on their loans. I'm very much in favor of mandatory birth control and limiting families but I don't have a problem with a family that clearly is supporting themselves though that woman is setting herself up for medical problems. 18 kids in that short of time just isn't healthy.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Eco-crimes or more plainly, crimes against humanity are from people who advocate social movements for people to not having children.
Those people should be locked in a prison with no food.
A woman asked for a child and God gave them 18. God might trying to make a point. What point would that be?

If we weren't so stupid we would lift our eyes upwards and gaze at the million of stars that surround us. These are worlds. Many of them might be suitable for habitation. Only thing that keeps humankind away from them is our stupidity and laziness.

We don't need 50 million people imported from Africa to Europe because Europeans supposedly do not reproduce enough.. We do not need the global financial and technological advantage shifting over other countries that traditionally were used to and are governed by totalitarian regimes just so that PTB, some day not so far in the future as some romantics hoped it would be, if the current trends keep up, soon, they will have a nice dumped down and docile population so the same PTB can continue their rule upon the unsuspected dumped down and stupefied masses.

Overpopulation could help us realize that we can inhabit other worlds, thus expand and succeed. The problem is THERE IS NO OVERPOPULATION over resources in reality. Just a psychological war campaign to dumb down and shorten the more achieving and bright part of the population of this planet and replace them with a more dumped down version of slaves.
This war is NOT NEW! It is as old as mankind herself is. People have to wake up! We are supposed to become wiser by now. Surprisingly we are becoming more and more stupid each day by succumbing to every God damn theory there is that advocates population thinning.

NO GOD DAMN WAY!
PTB your days are numbered. More and more people are waking up every day from their long slumber and noticing whats going down. I am one of them.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Not unless all 18 become GeoThermalEngineers
)))

Than, yes.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 30 Seconds

They are financially independent.

They have no debt.

All of the children are more intelligent and caring than you could ever hope to be.

Please move on you useless waste of flesh.

Your hogging valuable resources that could be used for a worthwhile being.

<< 1    3 >>

join