It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you hate Christians and why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There is a similar thread about Muslims going around. It got me curious. There is plenty of ire against the Christians around here too. Plus, it seems like with muslims it is either hate or not hate but with 'christians' it can be so fun. Hypocrisy, ignorance, and blind devotion to ideas stomped dead can really entertain me.

So, I was reading the one about Muslims and it genuinely got me curious. How would the two premises stack up side by side. So here.

Before anyone calls me a troll for it. I will not respond to anyone not looking to me directly for a response. If the thread withers and dies. It will have good company with my other threads.

Like I said, I was just curious how the two threads might compare after a few pages.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

By and large I do not hate the individual that ascribes to Christianity.

What I hate is when people use their devotion to the religion to get out of responsibility of some kind.

I hate to see an ethnicity, religion, or demographic refered to in absolute black and white terms. Someone is unequivicably good or bad regardless of what they have actually done.

I hate the "us vs. the world," "saved vs. unsaved" mentality.

I hate that Christianity, as a whole, allows no respect for other belief systems, and in fact actively surpresses many of them.

I hate that Christianity is really so negative towards humanity in general. I hate the dichotomy that we are all inherantly evil, but that we can pass all of our 'sins' off onto Jesus and become pure. I hate the lack of consideration that human choice plays into the good or evil of a person and that becoming good is a very long process.

But "hate" is too strong a word... I realize that some people need these beleifs because it is all they can really handle, I don't hate them for that.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I personally think every religion has its logic.

The bible can be read and taken in a way that makes sense to every part of life and can be a tool one can use to benefit their lives.

The Quoran can be used in this way as well.

Buddhism can be used in this same way.

Any religion can actually be used in this manner.

If you read what is actually there it will make a lot more sense rather than taking the story as a story. An example would be how the bible refers to drinking wine. This is actually about sharing things with one another and nothing to do with wine whatsover.

I believed origianally that christianity was a farce as it was forced upon me from the age of 4 by the education system but now that I am an adult I have realised that there is much more to it than the stories itself.

I still completely disagree with it being forced but on the contrary I would know nothing of religion without it being forced so it is a bit of a dilemma in itself is it not as it was the very thing that made me curious enough to research religions.

A lot of people get a certain part of christianity mixed up with another is all I will say and can be viewed if you look at history.

Im on the fence for the record as I can see what others see in every one and I value that but im just not quite sure.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Beautiful just beautiful response..awesome. No, I do not hate Christians. Some of my friends are Christians but, they let go of the things that hurt others and I applaud them for this.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Not sure that I hate them. I don't care about most christians and what they believe as long as they keep it to themselves. There seems to be a kind of fanatacism evolving from within that religion , mostly emanating from the United States . I suppose this variant on christians are the ones I would hate if any. Because they truly are a loathsome breed , a foul and wretched blister on the backside of humanity . But I do not meet these kind of people where I live. We see documentaries on them for shock and jaw dropping value .. that people like this with their outlooks and beliefs actually exist . But I have a kind of pity for them mixed in with the dislike , because it must have taken some perverse social engineering to produce people of this ilk , you cannot produce wretchedness on a scale like this without deliberate planning .

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Depends on which Christians you are referring to. The ones I hate are the ones who try and take their own brand of religion and force it on others. The kind that knock on my door at 7:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning, and inquire as to the state of my soul as if it was any of their damn business. The kind that find it necessary to leave booklets and pamphlets all over the damn place.

Oh and let's not forget the Christians on the TV, constantly and fervently soliciting donations. Those I really hate.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes i hate christians as well as the muslims...why?...because i can....

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hmm... Depends on what you call Christinity, are you talking about the mythical TV Christianity, the "America Religion" Christians, The Catholics (not Christianity), friends of Yeshua, what is a Christian?

To me a Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Yeshua, somone wo loves, prays for and even goes as far as to feed his "enemies" (then you have no enemies, only friens), someone who feeds the hungry, clothes the naked, gives to the poor, takes care of the widows, someone who follows the teachings of Yeshua.

That's what I try to do, what I can't stand is this crap about people who get on a stage and tell them to "give them mony or else God will curse them" and crap like that, cause it's not true, God doesn't want your money, He wants your heart, your love, your devotion.

Semyaza (Satan) wants your heart, your love, your devotion.

The only difference is that Satan wants you to have eternal death, Yeshua wants you to have eternal life, the deeper of a relationship you have with Yeshua, the more you care for your fellow man, the planet on which you live and very other earthling.

Satan leads you down a very dark road, it seems good at first but it's the same road the NWO are on, which path do you want to follow?

I do not understand all the thngs of the spiritual, but this is something i know and understand.

I don't hate Christians, I do not hate Satanists, I hate collectivist idealogies, I hate the NWO, but not the people in it, they can still be saved.

-Lahara

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose Head

Sorry but I did have to say that I found this post particularly funny.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo

Originally posted by Moose Head

Sorry but I did have to say that I found this post particularly funny.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I dont hate christians per se, technically im a christain. What I really dont like and am very bitter against is the Catholic Church, The Vatican and several of the Popes in history.

The Catholic Church is full of people that belong in the sex offender database and the Vatican hides them, makes excuses for them and tries to buy off prosecutions, most of the time successfully.

The other reason, is something that ive stated here several times.
People ask how is it possible to lose technology, one way is by war.
The other is by pure ignorance, like the kind we saw from the Vatican and the Popes, when they made any and all modern technology to be illegal, possessing or inventing is was punishable by torture, by some of the cruelest torture devices known to history (some holymen huh and death, usually by burning alive or beheading.
Just think of the technology we would have in the year 23 or 2400, thats where we could be NOW, if it werent for the Vatican and several Popes plunging us into the Dark Ages.
History and the present can think King Charlemagne, first of all, helping to pull us from the dark ages, second of all for stopping the Muslim Invaders before taking over all of Europe.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Most responses say something along the lines of "What kind of Christian." I do not know how to answer that. I know that many anti-islamic statements were that muslims should have spoken up about how they did not approve of these attacks. Would all Christians get together to release a statement about something? How would we know if they were all Christian or if they were all of the children? How would they accept each other?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Most responses say something along the lines of "What kind of Christian." I do not know how to answer that. I know that many anti-islamic statements were that muslims should have spoken up about how they did not approve of these attacks. Would all Christians get together to release a statement about something? How would we know if they were all Christian or if they were all of the children? How would they accept each other?

Any kind of Christianity following the Bible is a good enough dfinition for me, I really hate it when people try to split into Catholic/Protestant in order to dodge the criticism.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Would all Christians get together to release a statement about something?

Hehe I thought about this after you said it...

But honestly, the only thing we can get all christians to agree on, is Jesus...

Other than that, They're all over the map...

Back to the original question in the OP... I don't hate christians... I hate what their beliefs make them do.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Many muslims believe that the "terrorist attacks" were wrong/evil, there were muslims that died in those attacks.

The real followers of Yeshua do not paint people with a prejudice brush, these Christians are never seen though, they are the ones that no one listens too, there message is of self sacrifice to help humanity.

Chistianity is a tricky word though, people who follow Yeshua's teachings often feel as though they are not a part of the "Christian" group.

-Lahara

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The word HATE is on this page 32 times after 13 posts...mostly referring to how people feel about how much Christians hate on others.

Ironic, I guess.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't think I hate anyone, so I'll go with "strongly dislike", if that's ok

I strongly dislike individuals who profess to be Christians, but then misrepresent the Christian faith and comandeer selected sins for their own purposes.

I strongly dislike individuals who hide their bigotry behind biblical texts, but conveniently overlook the same texts that condemn their behaviour.

I strongly dislike those same individuals who inevitably condemn a true Christian to be treated with contempt because of their clearly bigoted behaviour.

I strongly dislike individuals who share the Christian message with disguised contempt and hate instead of open care and love.

I strongly dislike any hypocrisy in the Christian faith.

I'd like to point out that I strongly dislike the above in any other belief system also.

[edit on 19/12/08 by lizziejayne]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think it is ignorant to say that you hate any religion in general. It's not like you can meet, analyze, and determine the nature of every single individual's personality within any particular religious group.

Certain individuals from all religious groups have ultimately performed evil wrong doing.

Certain individuals from all religious groups are ultimately innocent of evil wrong doing.

They are two equal and opposite forces. Let's make no assumptions.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
just to be clear.

This is not about whether or not it makes sense or is fair. There is noooo good reason for the love I had for an old girlfriend but that is how I felt. I am asking how people feel.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think...no, actually I'm 100 percent certain... that religions are all deep down saying the same thing in reality, and that individual religion is like a riddle flavored according to the different cultures that it grew out of. All the riddles have the same answer, but someone from China may not understand the cultural flavor of the religion of someone from England at first, so they are presented with a template for learning the ultimate secrets of existence based on their surroundings.

I don't like the fact that miseducated and corrupted people are using these riddles of life to take sides and hate and kill each other. Who miseducates the people? The leadership. Why? Because there would be no leadership needed if the followers would actually be allowed to think about the riddles themselves.

If you hate anyone because of any affiliation they might have, then I would very much not be pleased being around you... and no you can't, not when push comes to shove... because everybody is a human, more importantly an inhabitant of one planet. Hate, greed, war, power grabs, all of this stuff... it's because people are taking sides and feeding their egos.... and I very much dislike (but do understand since I've been there) any attitude of "I'm better than you because of...."

No you are not. The Christian and the Muslim is no better than the atheist or the agnostic, or even than the various animals with which no regard is made as to whether their lives are valuable or not, or even the natural habitats and the trees and plants. All is equal in the eyes of the Lord. Who is the true Lord? Which path will save you?

That is the riddle. I get discouraged, but I figure now since science and technology have allowed world wide access to instant information that soon the riddles will be answered on a massive scale, instead of just a few scattered mystics who've seen the light or whatever you call it.

I don't hate anyone... but damn I would be lying if I said I don't definitely get super pissed at people sometimes. Cruelty and absolutely astonishing ignorance are rampant in 99.9999 percentof everyone... maybe add like two more 9s there.... and with the answers right in front of you, not as hidden as some conspiracy obsessors want themselves and others to believe, there is no excuse really.

A lame excuse would be fear... but I understand. It's just frustrating.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by dunwichwitch]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join