It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

been on an island for 10 years, what happened?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
thought this may be interesting, and would get some REALLY good replies to this, from alot of the smarter, more knowledgable members. lets say i just came back from being on a deserted island for 10 years, and missed it all. could someone sum this whole 9-11 thing up for me? and id love to hear from all three sides of this story, please!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yep...3 words.

A BIG LIE.

That about sums it up.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

All you need to know is this: the terrorists hate us for our freedoms. It is now more important than ever that we imprison and torture people who are "terrorists" to keep us safe.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Millionaire and rebel fighter from the Afghan war, Osama Bin Laden, got it in his head to overthrow the corrupt regimes running most of the middle east. He is deeply religious, and believes in the popular Muslim concept of an Islamic Utopia where all corrupt middle eastern governments are overthrown and run by righteous people for the benefit of all good Muslims.

He believed this was possible, his fighters were successful in defeating the Russians, however he knew he had to convince the masses that they had it in their power to overthrow the corrupt governments that were opressing them.

Since the United States has a long and not so pleasant history in that region, he realized that if he could provoke the U.S. into war, their presence could rile up the masses, and bring Jihad fighters in from various countries. Once he had an army raised he believed he could use that force to overthrow the Saudi government among many others in that region.

Osama and cohorts came up with a brilliant plan to hijack commercial U.S. Airlines and drive them into major U.S. landmarks. Initially they planned to hijack 10 such aircraft, however eventually taht was scaled down to four.

The plan was successful, they hijacked 4 planes. Two utterly decimated the twin towers and the world was filled with shock and awe as they watched the towers fall. Two others were aimed at the capitol (in case the first message was too subtle), one went down before reaching its destination and the other hit the Pentagon.

In short order the U.S. declared war on Afghanistan. A year or so later they declared war on Iraq, presumably because Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Weapons were never found.

Bin Laden never really expected to survive the initial incidents, he thought he would go down in history as a Martyr shortly after the attacks. Despite the supposed best efforts of U.S. intelligence, Bin Laden has never been found and is believed to be living in the mountains of Pakistan or Kashmir to this day. He occasionally turns out audio or video statements to confirm his corporal existence.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
lets say i just came back from being on a deserted island for 10 years, and missed it all.

You're not going to learn or know anything. You'll be thrown in jail for not paying your ten years worth of taxes and property rates for your island residence.

You probably sent your tax money to the terrorists instead of the government. We'll never see you again, as you're now an enemy combatant, thanks to HR 6166 and your suspicious behaviour by not declaring your financial status correctly.

You should have stayed on your island and enjoyed the tropical ignorance. That will teach you to come out of hiding!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
sothe sattelites can read my newspaper over my shoulder, and we cant find this guy "bin laden"? hmm maybe ill go back to my island. this place got scary in a way. whats this patriot act thing i heard about? and how come these hijacked planes werent intercepted by norad or something? (excellent replies thank you! think i wanna play into this some more!)

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Please tell me this was a joke? If it wasn't, your likely the most brain-washed person on this entire forum :S

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/19/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
and, i gotta say tezz, most of the stuff you contribute here is definetly straight, no b.s. involved.

link   

and how come these hijacked planes werent intercepted by norad or something? (excellent replies thank you! think i wanna play into this some more!)

Well the first two planes weren't seen as foreign intruders because they were regular domestic flights. No one realized there was a problem until the second plane hit.

The second two planes were tracked, but apparently we had NO armed jet fighters in the U.S. ready to engage them. They sent one fighter up to follow them and the pilot realized if he was ordered to down the passenger plane he would have to drive his own jet into the plane in order to do it.

Some think Bush was in on it. I don't. If he was in on it he would have had planned a better reaction. Sitting in silence for 8 minutes with a bunch of schoolkids, while the country is under attack, does not give a good impression. If he had known, he would have looked better.

link   

posted by guinnessford
thought this may be interesting, and would get some REALLY good replies to this, from alot of the smarter, more knowledgable members. lets say i just came back from being on a deserted island for 10 years, and missed it all. could someone sum this whole 9-11 thing up for me? and id love to hear from all three sides of this story, please!

I can do it with two.

INSIDE JOB

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i di say all three sides of the story, right? whethet sarcastic, brainwashed or other its input? hey and even if she is serious thats what id get off the tv!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
and the same would go for spreston as well. i did spend alot of time reading alot of threads before i opened my mouth, er keyboard. and id like to aknowledge the ones i admire here. good job, guys and gals

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072Please tell me this was a joke? If it wasn't, your likely the most brain-washed person on this entire forum :S

Oh, I thought the Op was asking for everyones personal opinions. You don't like mine so you call me brainwashed. Personally I would think many of the folks here that buy into a lot of THESE theories are brain washed, or are just afraid to disagree with other posters.

I honestly believe Bin Laden is a heck of a lot smarter than the entire Bush administration combined. If the administration could have planned 9/11 and had it go off so well, then why have they fd up every other thing they tried to do? Even if they MEANT to ruin the country, if they were that brilliant they would not end up looking like the idiots that they are. They could have done all this and STILL managed to convince everyone the WMD existed.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
excellent point. but my 17 yr old lab is smarter than the buswhackers as a whole. and the beauty of this thread is i dont think it can be derailed. or go off topic. can it?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

hey and even if she is serious thats what id get off the tv!

Uhhhh...no. Not at all. The TV says the Muslim terrorists, Bin Laden and crew, HATE AMERICANS and if we don't fight them over there, they will come after us over here.

I am not saying that AT ALL. I am saying we were pawns in this game. We were cleverly manipulated and it was never about the U.S. We were just convenient shills that could be provoked into starting a war over there.

They literally slapped us in the face and DARED us to do something about it. Since then there has not been even ONE real terrorist attack in the U.S. If anything, those that claim it was a U.S. gov conspiracy need to explain the lack of attacks since then. Bush reached his height of popularity after people "banded together" in the face of the horrible terrorists. If the U.S. gov planned all this, they would be motivated to attack randomly when people get unhappy, or disagree with the war, or when the Bush admin wanted to distract the masses. Fear of "them" is Bush's greatest friend when it comes to public support.

My theory says the attacks served their purpose, it dragged us into a war, and since they (Bin Laden) don't really care one way or another what happens in the U.S. they have not felt the need to bother with us over here since then.

If the mainstream media has claimed that was the case I have missed it.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

hey and even if she is serious thats what id get off the tv!

Uhhhh...no. Not at all. The TV says the Muslim terrorists, Bin Laden and crew, HATE AMERICANS and if we don't fight them over there, they will come after us over here.

I am not saying that AT ALL. I am saying we were pawns in this game. We were cleverly manipulated and it was never about the U.S. We were just convenient shills that could be provoked into starting a war over there.

If the mainstream media has claimed that was the case I have missed it.

AHaha not brainwashed at all.

Millionaire and rebel fighter from the Afghan war, Osama Bin Laden, got it in his head to overthrow the corrupt regimes running most of the middle east. He is deeply religious, and believes in the popular Muslim concept of an Islamic Utopia where all corrupt middle eastern governments are overthrown and run by righteous people for the benefit of all good Muslims.

He believed this was possible, his fighters were successful in defeating the Russians, however he knew he had to convince the masses that they had it in their power to overthrow the corrupt governments that were opressing them.

You failed to mention that Bin Laden was trained by the CIA. Maybe thats how he defeated the Russians?

Or that weeks before 911 he was treated in a Dubai hospital, where he was later met by CIA agents. (While on the FBI most wanted list) here.

Since the United States has a long and not so pleasant history in that region, he realized that if he could provoke the U.S. into war, their presence could rile up the masses, and bring Jihad fighters in from various countries. Once he had an army raised he believed he could use that force to overthrow the Saudi government among many others in that region.

Osama and cohorts came up with a brilliant plan to hijack commercial U.S. Airlines and drive them into major U.S. landmarks. Initially they planned to hijack 10 such aircraft, however eventually taht was scaled down to four.

Ya, that's a great plan, bring the worlds largest, most advanced military into the region TO FIGHT YOU, so that you can overthrow other governments. Of course, that's so logical!

On top of that brilliance, they then some how (on the same day) get Norad to stand down, Get Cheney to call off shoot down orders upon information that a hi-jacked airliner was heading for the pentagon, some how remove all arabic names from flight manifests of the high jacked planes, pull off the hi-jackings, and fly their planes with professional percision into 3 out of 4 intended targets.

Yup, of course. They were so brilliant.

The plan was successful, they hijacked 4 planes. Two utterly decimated the twin towers and the world was filled with shock and awe as they watched the towers fall. Two others were aimed at the capitol (in case the first message was too subtle), one went down before reaching its destination and the other hit the Pentagon.

In short order the U.S. declared war on Afghanistan. A year or so later they declared war on Iraq, presumably because Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Weapons were never found.

Very successful, the fires caused the first collapse of a steel structured building in history! Then the second, and then when their plan just COULD NOT get any BETTER, they shocked everyone, and using their mental jihad power, BROUGHT DOWN A 3rd 50 STORY BUILDING, at free fall speed, a complete implossion, causing the building to collapse into its foot print, in just 7 seconds.

So then, AMERICA WAS PISSED! Yah you better believe it, they were so upset that they invaded Afghanistan. BUT WAIT! The plans for the Afghanistan invasion were on Bush's desk days before 911. OOPS! Look at that, what are the odds they spend all that time formulating a plan to invade a country, then just a couple days later so-called extremists from that country, pull off the most amazing attack in history. Read more.

Bin Laden never really expected to survive the initial incidents, he thought he would go down in history as a Martyr shortly after the attacks. Despite the supposed best efforts of U.S. intelligence, Bin Laden has never been found and is believed to be living in the mountains of Pakistan or Kashmir to this day. He occasionally turns out audio or video statements to confirm his corporal existence.

BRAINWASHED IGNORANCE!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'd ask what were you thinking coming back and ask if you want to go back there asap.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
10 years? Well now we have flying cars, holographic tv's, virtual reality, robot maids and so much more.

That's what I wish I told you haha.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Why hasn't there been another terrorist attack? Because we're all looking the other direction getting fed more bologna to keep our minds unfocused, for when the "real" attack comes, 9-11 will be a joke then.

What are you thinking about and talking about today?

- The economy?

- How Obama will save the world?

- Corrupt Politicians, Bankers & Wall Street Moguls?

No ones even talking about the war anymore, we're all to preoccupied with other news. There will be another attack, it's just the waiting game now...

Of course, this is just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
BRAINWASHED IGNORANCE!

Ahhh….such a lovely word for a civilized debate. Also, the adding me as a “foe” was classy too. The Op asked for theories/opinions on 9/11. I offered and you immediately jumped in with “brainwashed” and then “ignorant” and then the foe statement.

Sheesh get a life. I don’t spend my days and nights analyzing “fringe” 9/11 conspiracies. I have read enough to form my own opinions. Why that strikes you as sooooo very threatening and evil that you need to brandish insults is beyond me.

Tell ya what, I am sure if you ever post (and I doubt if you do) on other threads, dealing with other topics, my opinions might give you GOOD reason to be offended. This thread does not warrant that. You are over the top.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join