It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need good information on Mind Manipulation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have recently started doing some research on superpowers, and humans having abilities that are not normal.

After I had done a lot of research on these topics, I thought I would look around and see if I possessed one of these 'powers' I was researching. I started with asking people close to me what they think is my best strength, and the majority of tme said my ability to manipulate people. Obviously I dont think they ment literal mind manipulation, but it got me thinking.

Thats why I have turned to you guys, I have tried researching the topic of mind manipulationbut all dead ends. Im wondering if you guys could help me out. I know I should probably look through all the old threads first, but im pressed for time now.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
if my friends said my strongest point was that i was manipulative i would either be ashamed or i'ld be insulted, you need a new attitude or new friends!!!

manipulation isn't a superpower, it's more an evil genius attribute.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Opulisum

Talk to a salesman. They are the best on the planet.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I dont think it is, They said it as a sort of compliment, as they also stated that I have no real enemies, because ive all manipulated them.

Now I say that, it does sound pretty evil. If I possess such a power, Im very interested into developing this ability.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
there's two types of manipulation, the hammer approach and the the the nail approach, which would you rather be?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Study religion..... for it is the master of mass mind control......

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
there's two types of manipulation, the hammer approach and the the the nail approach, which would you rather be?

I like the sound of the hammer approach...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Good why don't you develop your POWER?

OK for starters lets see if for one week you can control and manipulate your OWN MIND, to do only things of love and charity without feeling resentful or angry , bored.

Second You should then the following week, sit down breathe deeply, and to get the best MANIPULATION you need for true happiness, for one hour each morning Think of Nothing, nothing at all, each time a picture, sound thought pops into your Powerful mind banish it and go back to nothing.

Once you have mastered that you need to then for the following week MANIPULATE your own mind, and think about just ONE thing for an hour each morning.

Nothing else just one thing, whenever you wander come back to it.

I have lots more for you following that, and the people with real life superpowers usually get them about 20-30 yrs after doing these sort of daily rituals.

Can you control your OWN mind, or subjegate your OWN ego?

The only thing really worth doing, trying to persuade others is just an illusion of your EGO that is actually MANIPULATING YOUR TRUE SELF.

njoy

Elf.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

well then, you must choose either the path of the swallow or the path of the snail, this may seem tedious but it is necessary to know this to give you the advice you want..

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Yes it is an insult but it can benefit you, it sometimes isn't all that bad - if someone os not motivated you can apply the same logic to motivate them. In my opinion the art of manipulation is being able to get into people way of thinking to make them think its their way of thinking for your own advantage/gain.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Manipulation is not evil (depending on what you define evil as) because everyone uses it to some extent whether they realise it or not. For example a kid asks for an ice cream cone, but he knows he has a better chance of getting it if he says "please", so he does. Being very manipulative, however, is not as simple. To be truly manipulative you have to learn that people may have personal reasons not to give you what you want. Therefore to be truly manipulative you have to be able to "control" the other person's thoughts, make them more easily swayed to your will, and make them think they are making the right decision. For example using reverse psychology, compliments, or just cunning. Also beleiving in your purpose fully is a must before you can manipulate others to do so. But remember manipulation can be a very powerful tool which can be used for productive or destructive gains, and you ultimately have to learn to overcome self-manipulation to become truly strong.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
No Nope No

Manipulating others is an illusion.

It is your OWN EGO manipulating yourself.

Simple as.

And you can chase it for the rest of your life, building on it, your own EGO becoming stronger and stronger, Manipulating the TRUE your more and more, with the illusion you are winning and manipulating others.

as said.

Simple as that really.

Elf.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The Lucifer Effect

No, it's not some religious book - it's a book that explains the research and findings behind many of the mind control experiments conducted in the name of psychology etc... It's well written and presented plus easy to understand and implement. The authors' reason for writing the book is to teach people to resist the covert influences within society that effect subservient behavioral patterns. Here takes you straight to the guide

The Battle for Your Mind

A brief read but ample enough information.

Manipulation isn't difficult. Pointing out when its being used is damn difficult.

I was told that manipulation is a form of aggression (by a psychologist, as part of a customer service improvement drive of a company for which I worked many years ago). I didn't understand her, I argued fully that it wasn't. I was a manipulator (feel like I'm at an AA meeting). Sometimes I still use manipulation...but point it out afterwards because I use it to teach people how to counteract it. I have no mercy with those who use manipulation, maliciously, on others - I willingly destroy the mental environments they create for others.

If your good at manipulating others then see it as a blessing. Use your skill for good, beneficial reasons not bad, sinister or malicious ones.

Being able to manage people often requires manipulation. Motivation is manipulation in action. Forcing somebody, by means of manipulation, to carry on in a situation where not doing so could result in death, is a good application. Compelling someone to do something not beneficial to him/herself is malicious. Mentally closing someone's options to force a direction that doesn't benefit the manipulated person is wrong.

Anyway, follow those links I've provided. You will enjoy them.

[edit on 18/12/08 by Rapacity]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
MischievousElf is, in my opinion, giving you the best advice you can get. Manipulating your own mind is a superpower. A focus on trying to manipulate others will make you miserable and lonely in the long run.

But have you considered a career in advertising or journalism? Either one (as well as salesmanship, as Yoda points out) is based on the concept of manipulating others.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I can help with what you seek. I won't give you some alternative answer or act moralized to make myself feel better (not that anyone on this forum is doing that)

I don't think I'm psychic necessarily, but I can feel into peoples minds. I don't know if what I am doing is psychic or actually reading body language; feeling someone out that way.

What I do know is I have a tendency to have people see in me what they want to by feeling them out this way and then responding accordingly. I have never not been able to get a job. I always get hired immediately even when the employer isn't looking for extra workers.

I have manipulated many people this way and perhaps you can too?

If that doesn't work you can always look into Neuro Linguistic Programming.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Born2Power]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I belive NLP or Neuro Linguistic Programming is what you are seeking. In addition, becoming a Marketing major couldn't hurt either.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have had experiences in the past where I have literally forced something I was thinking, into another persons head, and make them think it too.

I always thought it was a coincidence, but as I aged it has become more and more frequent, I think I am very close to controlling it. I do it a lot with my best friend, she just thinks that we have a phychic connection, but I could be secretly pushing my thoughts into her head. Im not sure if this is manipulation however, it does seem to fit the description.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
TIP:

Watch the vid of the History of Mind Control (History and Deprogramming) by Stewart Swerdlow

video.google.com...

External Quote:
A gifted medical intuitive, Stewart Swerdlow is a clairvoyant who has the ability to see auric fields and personal archetypes as well as read DNA sequences and mind-patterns. He spent years in service to various US and foreign government agencies and special interest groups. His mind and body were used for genetic and mind-control experiments which led to severe illness, broken relationships, and premature Kundalini activation. After several years of deep self-analysis, Stewart merged with higher levels of his multidimensional self, which saved his life.

PEACE!!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Manipulation is evil. It's what the government and the mainstream media does to us.

When I meet people that are manipulators I steer clear of them.

Manipulation is selfish, cheaters, cold hearted, callous, mean and dishonest.

Try applying yourself to honest leadership and teaching, where your charisma can be put to some good use.

Pursue honesty, integrity, truth, peace, humility, and other divine characteristics and they will define you.

A manipulator will eventually find himself without friends and die a miserable lonely person.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Before I undertake the daunting task of manipulating others , I though that I might first try to see how they manipulate me .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join