It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: the movie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I agree they wouldnt prepare us..like anyone could really prepare for that. I watched the trailer. I will see the movie. I will probably cry too

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Is this the same 2012 movie or another??
A much more revealing trailer....

[edit on 18/12/08 by blupblup]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

That seems to be an amateur trailer. I spied Tom Cruise and a few clips from "The Day After Tomorrow" and "Armageddon", so I checked the original YouTube page. The author notes that the video is "homemade entertainment." Roland Emmerich's film (the one currently under discussion) looks to be a more serious, earthly catastrophes type film rather than an aliens-are-coming-to-save-us Spielberg-esque movie.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

You are right i believe.
I did not look at it closely or dig around really...was in a bit of a rush.

But yeah, everyone is in it

Then at the end, it says (if you pause it) that bill pullman and will smith are in it.....hmmmm independence day anyone???

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I thought it would be fun to make a list of reasons to look forward to the release of this movie. Please feel free to ad to the list.

List of Reasons to Look forward to this movie:

1. All those people you've been trying to talk to about 2012 will look at you like
and sit up and start listening.

2. You'll already know all the details and people will look at you in

3. I TOLD YOU SO!

4. Influx of new members to your personalize cult.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I dont like how they stole the music from The Shining trailer.

btw, that looks soo scary guys...
The water coming over the mountains.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Dude, that is footage from Armageddon lol

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I cant wait to wake up an December 13, 2012, and laugh in all of your faces.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

No, it's not this one. This one you posted is a mash-up, a fan made trailer of a non-existent 2012 movie. Seen it before.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

I know....that's why up there i said i was wrong and it had everyone in it lol.

reply to post by xbranscombex

And the same again...... already done.

Didn't really view the clip as i was in a rush..

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
This movie is sponsored by the United Nations. Why you might ask?

Is there have any actual proof of that?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Is there have any actual proof of that?

I'd not count this as "proof" however in examing this movies facts the strangness of it being released on the same day nearly worldwide did seem a little strange. There are only a few nations that it isn't the same date.

I'm not sure how common that shared release date is on a global scale, however as I've understood it movies tend to get released first in the USA and then filter through the globe accordingly.

I checked IMDB and the date isn't the same date but it is a tight grouping worldwide.
www.imdb.com...

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I was thinking it might be a really cool idea if this movie had a website where kooks like you all might be able to go and post threads about 2012!

Kook? me?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Because they need to let us know but cant say it directly. This movie is basically a documentary about the end of the world. It is the only doomsday movie ever to be released that has NO survivors in it. Mankind will be annihilated!

No not everybody will die. Everybody that is not a member of the twelve lost tribes I mean uhmm I mean twelve ruling bloodlines. Either that or the book of Revelations is basically just a blueprint for war and what they plan on doing to us, before 2012 as the Georgia Guidestones might suggest.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
I cant wait to wake up an December 13, 2012, and laugh in all of your faces.

Why December 13? Cant you just laugh like a crazy scientist every day like I do? It is fun, try it.

Muhahahahahaha!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The 2012 Movie already has a spot on netflixs. There is one review that sounds like they actually know a little about the movie so I'm posting it here.

Quote by: OceanBluePearl user on netflix

In "Independence Day" and "The Day After Tomorrow", Roland Emmerich brought us extreme disaster films. His latest effort is the ultimate disaster film. 2012 has long been heralded as the year a global transformation occurs. Some believe it will be a transformation in consciousness, after which only humans of advanced consciousness will remain on the earth. Others believe it marks the end of a series of global catastrophes such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tectonic plate shifts, or polar shifts that will eliminate most of the Earth's human population, so the planet can make a fresh start. Both beliefs are derived from research on the Mayan Long Count Calendar, which predicts the end of the earth on December 21st, 2012, the end of the calendar's thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle. Emmerich chose to go with the physical disaster scenario. As in his earlier disaster films, there's a lone scientist (John Cusack) who figures out what is happening and alerts the government so loss of life can be minimized. Also, this scientist has a pretty ex-wife (Amanda Peet) who loves him, but can't live with him. There's an eccentric prophet of doom (Woody Harrelson) who has been trying for years to warn humanity about the danger, but who has been ignored. And there is the political leadership: the U.S. President (Danny Glover), his lovely daughter (Thandie Newton), his Chief of Staff (Oliver Platt) and his Science Advisor (Chiwetel Ejiofor). The disasters are global, including regions familiar to American viewers: earthquakes along the San Andreas Fault and volcanic activity in the Yellowstone Caldera. Besides the Arks - life rafts for the wealthy and politically connected - the film is a predictable disaster film, featuring dubious science, implausible scenes, narrative cliches, one-dimensional characters, and heavy handed moral and emotional lessons. Prepare to be entertained but not enlightened

Assuming this spoiler is trustworthy, Danny Glover as the President is a little strange is it not? After all, we did just elect "the first black president" didn't we? Is art copy life or life art?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I would believe that this is just more 2012 disinformation and propaganda used to spread fear about the "end of the world" rather than shed light into the real meaning behind 2012. Columbia Pictures...go figure. Though I do want to see the movie just because I imagine I will be sneaking in as not to throw any money towards their cause.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

The real 2012 phenomenon has nothing to do with paranoid fools who think they are here to save idiots from a "evil world government plan". Although some people might think such a character a "hero" they are only a hero in their own mind, to the majority of logical minds they are just nut cases spreading their own confusion as disinformation.

If you're not part of the salution you're part of the problem.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Well then go enjoy the movie and enjoy watching the sheeple running around like chickens with their heads cut off afterwards, see if I care.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I get the feeling this is just gonna pass as nothing just like 2000 did and the millions of other Prophecies that have been told through the years!

Just like 2000, people are making alot of money out of it. They keep it going as much as possible right up to the last minute. Think of all the Books, lecture Tours, Movies, thats making money out of 2012 just like 2000!

Is it possible that something bad/good mite happen on the date in 2012, yeah. But i just get the feelong that it mite pass and i will wake up feeling the same with the same view out my window and my friends still there being them selfs!

Can someone tell me a Prophecie that has been spot on?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join