It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-year-old Hitler can't get name on cake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

3-year-old Hitler can't get name on cake

www.msnbc.msn.com

Heath Campbell, left, and his wife Deborah, were told that a store in Greenwich, N.J. would not inscribe their three-year-old son's full name, Adolf Hitler Campbell, center, on a birthday cake.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
hosted.ap.org
www.usatoday.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Submit General News

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
You really have read the full article but I have two questions here.

1) It's been almost 70 years now, don't you think that it's time to let hate for a name go??
I understand that some people will never be able to do so, as they were/are more affected by WWII than I am. Hell, I wasn't even born until the mid 60's.
I guess that I don't have a problem with some kid having that name and also have his name put on a damn birthday cake.

2) Having just said that, if there is still so much tension in Hitler's name recognition, why is the hell would you name your son Adolf Hitler???????? Can you imagine what this kid will have to go through in his lifetime??

I just don't get long held hatred and parents who apparently don't think about the future of there kids.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-12-2008 by wolf241e]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
In fairness, the parents must've been after a load of acid to call their kid Adolf Hitler

If I owned the cake shop, i wouldn't be ABLE to do it because i would be laughing too hard.

Maybe the owners of the shop thought the parents were joking..??

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Isn't calling a child Adoph Hitler child abuse? It's like calling someone the 'C' word. How is the kid going to live with that name in school?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well what do they expect, ok fair enough if you want to name your child “Adolf” or you want to name him “Hitler” but give him the full name of “Adolf Hitler” is just asking for trouble.

Poor kid, I bet when he reaches 18 he’ll legally change his name straight away.

Why would they do it? They must of been really drunk, or did it for a dare or just love name. lol

Mikey

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My question is why didn't they just do it and give them the cake in a box that isn't see through. I mean really a buck is a buck.

As for the kid he pry wouldn't even need to wait for adult hood before a judge would let him change his name.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join