It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you experienced a miracle? We'd like to hear your story...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I would like to thank you guys for coming to my defense. It does suck when people try to ruin threads. Maybe one day we will all grow out of such behavior, but who knows...?

Anyways, back on topic.

I have a friend who has survived over 10 serious driving accidents. He's fine to this day, no broken or ruined parts at all.

Also, that reminds me of this thread about people who survived the atom bombs dropped on japan - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
When I was 17 I rolled my car about 8 times and landed upside in a ditch,,the petrol tank burst and was pouring down on me,I couldnt reach the ignition at first but then managed it.Just literally seconds before I just put a cigerette out the window.

Another time I was driving a long with a friend and a bumble bee landed on my lap,,that petrified me and I let go of the steering wheel,,went over on the other side and landed in a ditch.Thankfully no cars was coming.

Some months later I was driving fast down a road,I had a voice tell me to slow down or I'll have an accident,,so I did,,,next minute another bee lands on my lap,,,I couldnt beleive it,it was quite a busy road so it would have been distastrous.

From the age of 13 to last year Ive been addicted to lighter fluid,,how Ive survived all that alone is a miracle in my eyes.

I survived an attempted suicide.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I will tell you3 pretty significant ones i had , there has been more but thought these were similar in approach.

This happened to em twice as a child once when i was 2 and the next one when i was 6 or 7. This is the age when i was either 6 or 7. I used to be what most called a tom boy did whatever my brithers did. I used to race my brother up a tree and was considered a good climber and always called the monkey off the family. I wanted to do gymnastics(it was a passion and dream of mine, i started doing acrobat type things from 1.5 years i think i take after my dad as he did gymnastics in the army before i was born) from then on but parents did not let me. I used to be pretty quick climbing up this really tall tree and it was all the more easier with the short brancehes. I always beat my brother at it. One time i decided to show off and swing off the tree at a pretty tall height from one branch and was swinging and thought it was fun. My mum ran outside and chucked a fit and told me to quickly get down but i decided to swing again and started laughing at my mum screaming because even at that age i thought she was overeacting. You would think i fell right? No i climbed down and floated to the ground. My mum saw it and i felt it and too this day i never knew how i floated the rest off the way down.

Another incident was when i was in my car and driving in the rain i excellerated a little fast as i was in a rush. I put on the breaks and screached into the middle of a busy highway where there was also a school nearby which you cna imagine is a pretty busy highway which leads to shopping centres and motorways. Well i screeched into the middle off the highway and it was like time stood still. I looked both ways and no car was seen in site and i backed up my car. I would have been hit by cars coming from both sides and you can imagine what condition i would have been in. I dont know what stopped time for me that day but im grateful.

Another car incident i wont say why but i drove towards a tree and went straight through it. Stopped the car and just sat there for what felt like forever pondering why i was saved.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well one day my son whom was 4 at the time and I went to the supermarket change machine one where you put in your coppers and it changes it to pounds. I would then let my son buy a small car with his savings. Sometimes when you use the machine you get left over currency and coins from the previous user, this day I found an old st Christopher medal that had been worn almost away, I picked it up , showed it to my son and carried it with me whilst we did the shopping, before leaving I placed it back as I thought whomever had left it in the first place would like it back.

On the way home my son and I where hit at by a car on a zebra crossing, my bike I was pushing acted like a cage and my son was hit off his bike although I had him by the hand. The handlebars hit me in the chest,[very sore and bruised ouch] after the police and ambulance had made sure we were ok we were both fine but bruised quite a bit. The police did say the bike saved us considering the speed of the impact.

I did go back the next day to find the medal.

St Christopher holds patronage of things related to travel and travelers motorists and drivers and more I can’t recall.

When my son was even younger he was in the care of a relative, now it was cold and thus they put on an oil radiator, the ones that are electric and are fully enclosed with metal and I have seen many a place. However what was not wise was my son had a screwdriver in his hand , was alone with the radiator and somehow put the screwdriver in the radiator blew the electric circuits in the house and melted the top of the screwdriver. We are blessed as are others and I am thankful each day.

I believe , I don’t need the proof to believe I just do.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

Ooooh ad hominem... thats the way to show your moral superiority. Yes, BTW, i am quite familiar with college and grad school...

If its college its fine... however, in the OP, it didn't specify. These types of assignments are acceptable in private schools and colleges...

however, what's the subject?

I will add to all the other practitioners of ad hominem, that just because one doesn't agree with your point of view, does not make them Close minded... You are all thinking as if miracles are a given fact. This is not the case...

We've only just begun to understand the potential of the human mind. Assuming that the unexplained is immediately the supernatural could just as easily be construed as "close minded".

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Two little ones I've experienced:

On the day my best friend died I was, to say the least distracted, I got into the house and put the kettle on for a cup of coffee, it whistled as it boiled and switched itself off (as usual!) and I poured it into the cup while looking out the window with a few tears in my eyes, I looked at the cup to start stirring and realized I'd poured a cup's worth of boiling water over my hand holding the cup instead of in it - not a mark, a burn, pain or anything, just a wet hand.

The second was a bit freaky it was while I was in my last year at high school. Some class mates, tinkering with the dark side, had heard of the practise of taping a key into the bible (at revelations) and two people susepending it between their fingers and asking questions which way the bible swivelled gave a "yes" or "no" answer to their question. The whole class soon became involved in this daft craze and were taunting me (as a strongly objecting Christian). At break time they said they were going to ask it questions about me and if I would die soon, blah blah. I sought them out and found about forty in the locker room gathered around the two with the suspended bible. They started laughing at me and one of them asked "Is N. a %£*&^ ?" I calmly looked at them and said "In the name of Christ I command you to stop." (Hey, I'd read the books! :p) the bible instantly fell from the key and they were left standing there with a key alone. It was quitre hilarious because they all looked terrified, looked at the key and ran leaving me in the locker room on my own to pick up the bible. They didn't do it again and for quite a few days the looks I got were fun. All possibly explained by coincidence etc, but the best timed coincidence in my experience. Indeed I most often call "coincidence" "providence" - the everyday miracles.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I find it strange that so many instances involve vehicles. Statisticly, driving your vehicle is one of the most dangerous things you can possible do, and on a daily basis we all do it all the time.

When i was in my early 20's, I fell asleep once while exiting the freeway (i was extra tired from working a double shift), i awoke as i ran a red light (this was in the busy bay area of california) with cars honking and speeding towards me on eather side of me... it happened so fast i didnt have time to react, i went right through it all to the freeway entrance opposite of the exit and got back on the freeway, still too stunned to move or brake or anything... just kept the same speed going. Cars came very close to hitting me, some swerved, some just barely missed me... at least 4 different cars were just as scared as i was.

It still amazes me that i wasnt hit. I pulled over on the next exit, got out of my car and prayed. From that day on most of my prayers consist of mainly 2 words "Thank You"

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Grock]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
In short, yes I have.

I was diagnosed at 8 and a half with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia, which was categorically regarded as "universally fatal" by the medical profession in the early 1970s. The disease was already far advanced and therefore my initial "remission" from intense drug therapy was a rare gift in itself. The best conventional drug treatment had to offer back then was a period of "remission" for maybe several months at a stretch. No medical expert in his right mind would have entertained raising a parent's hope regarding an indefinite "spontaneous remission" or complete"cure". My remission from intensive drug therapy lasted several months, however eventually I relapsed ("Relapse" is the reappearance of the disease in a child who is in remission) and the doctors advised my parents there was nothing further they could do for me.

My Dad always held a staunch belief in miraculous healings and laboured tirelessly, against the grim odds, to find a cure for me, eventually turning to holistic methods and faith healing at the point where I relapsed and all hope was fading fast. However, following on from a momentous visit to a healing service I experienced an overnight full recovery which seriously baffled the medical profession at the time, who admitted my case was "exceptional" and I am sure assumed the cancer would return!! Needless to say I still remain in good health to this day.

There was a point in my teens when my "miracle" held quite a large media fascination (tv/newspapers,etc) and when the interest died down I was almost relieved to get back to being a normal teenager, just accepting that an event occured in my life I may never hold all the answers to, but I am certain that the power of prayer played a major part in my recovery.

I believe if people research hard enough they will find plenty of evidence for miracles. Whether they choose to believe or not is entirely up to them but let me say this, don't dismiss an occurence so easily just because it has a "biblical" or supernatural (& therefore fantastical) ring to it, or cases for it are few and far between. The universe is full of far more than even scientists can grapple....

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
When I was 7 years old, shortly after my mother and father had divorced each other, my father was driving my younger brother and I back from my grandfathers house on Christmas Eve 1996. We were in San Antonio on Huebner road when we came upon the most amazing nativity scene on the right hand side of the road, complete with living animals and real people. It was extraordinary, and there was a soft glowing light coming from within the manger of which we could not see the source. The manger was so beautiful and unique that as we passed it my dad and I could not take our eyes off of it and kept telling each other how awesome it looked. My brother, who had been laying down asleep across the back seat, awoke asking what we were looking at (he could not see since he was laying down). There was a sharp turn ahead of us and as he got up to look back at the manger said he could only see the light from it and begged us to go back. It was late and I was tired, and being the spoiled kid I was pleaded to my dad for us not to turn around and that it was too bad that he missed it but I was tired and wanted to get home. However my dad decided to turn around and let my brother see the nativity scene since it had amazed us so greatly.

We turned around within no more than 20 seconds of taking the turn and headed back down the same road that we had been on, now heading the opposite way that we had been traveling. When we came around the turn again and upon the area where the manger had been now on the left side of the road there was only a clearing in the woods where the manger had sat less than a minute before. Nothing was there. There was no longer any glowing light, animals, people, or manger, but only a small clearing in the woods along the side of the road. The first thing that my dad said was "Boys, we just saw a miracle!" and my brother and I were in shock and amazement. It truly was a miracle, and I have remembered and thought about it for the past 11 years of my life.

My dad, brother, and I all recall this miracle almost exactly, with the exception that my dad recalls the people waving at us as we drove by, however I do not remember this happening.

I've posted this on ATS before and also here. Thanks for the opportunity to share this again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join