It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you experienced a miracle? We'd like to hear your story...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
My students (im one of the cool high school teachers) are currently doing an essay on "I have experienced or know someone who has experienced a miracle". The basic parameters are:

I (or someone i know) has experienced this...

This is how thier lives have changed because of this experience (or my own)

This experience changed the way i look at life how?

I will be more --- because of this (or they were more ---- because of this)

I do or do not look at --- a little more than i normally would, because of this..

Since i am currently getting some very enlightened feedback on this at the moment, i thought id post this same question to my fellow ATS'rs...

Have YOU or someone you know encountered a miraculous experience? If so, what were the effects, has it changed you (or them?)? How?

I know without a doubt that i am surrounded by those that have (especially on ATS).

Ill tell you one of my own real quick... just to start it off...

Im in my mid to late 30's atm. When i was 5 years old, my father was a civil engineer that designed and oversaw the building of many of our major road routes (mainly hwy 101 on the calif coast and i5 i99) - including many dams and bridges (he was a UTD that tought SEALs in 'nam).

He used to let me wander the countryside while he was doing what he did.. I used to LOVE climbing... id climb everything and anything i could get my hands around...

I climbed up this rocky face along the northern calif. coast this one time, i found that i had got myself stuck ie.. i couldnt go down or up... i was stuck... and scared outta my wits (the coast was crashing down below me) but being the adventurer that i am, i kept going...

I reached a ledge that i knew was going to be the death of me, this was it, i couldnt go on any further and the ledge i was on was crumbling as i sat there...

all the sudden, the ledge i was on broke away from the cliffface, i started to fall.. this guy out of nowhere grabbed me by my upraised arm by the forearm, lifted me up the remaining 4 feet or so and said "you better be a little more careful in the future, WE wont always be there for you like today"

People rushed up on me (bystanders i guess) and there was a big ruckuss.

We never found the guy that saved me.

A) it changed the way i looked at the world from then on, because 1) i could easily be hurt because of what i was doing and 2) there are at least some people out there that WILL help in times of need.

B) it awakened me to the possibility of higher powers.

C) It sparked within me the awareness of the possibility of divine intervention (even if the dude wasnt an angel, he still saved me from certain death... again, it applies).\

You guys got any stories like this: We'd love to hear them, ill share your stories with my students so that we can all be enlightened together...
Thank You

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

I was in Atlanta on business, as the day ended an associate and I were crossing the busy Peachtree St.

The cars were stopped as we started to cross the street, I did not realize there was a third lane of traffic. I don't know or see the vehicle - but as I heard later there was a cadillac going 30 miles an hour in that lane. From my understanding it hit me and I dented the front end, breaking out a light, then I went up on the hood and my head put a hole in the front glass window and broke it completely out of it's frame. Then as others told me - they saw me fly about 30 feet in the air in front of it - into the other lanes.

Needless to say I was down for the count on the ground. I remember during that time - I was sitting at a conference table and there was a conversation about what direction my life was going and how I needed to change it.

I awoke for a second when the ambulance was there and they were calling my name and trying to wake me up. I couldn't see anything - everything was blurry when I opened my eyes. I went back unconcious - as my head was hurting terribly.

The next time I woke up - I was in the emergency/trauma room - as they were taking off my jewelry and clothing. That time I came awake and stayed that way.

I asked over and over what happened. I became completely lucid and started questioning everything. Then the ambulance guy came in and said - "Do you realize - that you can throw a brick at a windshield - and it will not break?" He continued, :For you to even be alive right now and talking - is nothing I have ever seen before".

Well - after cat scans - x-rays etc. I did not have a broken bone or any swelling etc of my brain. In fact the only thing I had to show for my "accident" was 2 scratches on my heels of my feet - I guess where they hit the pavement. The guy that wheeled me to the x-rays did say "Hey, you could have at least gotten a scratch on your face, you should have something to show that you just almost totaled a brand new cadillac with your body and head". He told me "he had never seen anyone like me before - as no one lives through what I did - ever".

The doctors there kept me only for the time needed to take all the test on me at the hospital. Upon letting me leave, they told me to have an MRI in 2 weeks time.

After 2 weeks - I was back home and went into Nashville to a Neurologist.
I told him I needed an MRI and why I needed it. Well - to say the doctor was instantly rude is putting it lightly - he got up and just said "I will be back".

Well after waiting about 20 minutes for him in the room - I was getting very aggravated and irrated, as the doctor was so rude before - now he had just left me in the room to sit.

The doctor finally came back, his face was white and his attitude was completely different than what it had been before.

He sat down, looked me in the eye and said: "I absolutely did not believe you, as you would not be sitting here if that had actually happened". "I called Grady Hospital - to prove you lied". He continued: " Do you realize Grady Hospital is the busiest hosptial in the Southeast - as it is the major trauma center for the surrounding area, and they see on average 500 people a day in the emergency room".

Now, I was still aggravated and wondering where he was going with this whole thing, plus I was PO'd that he did not believe me and tried to prove I was lying to him.

Well, he kept going and said: " So, I called Grady and asked the nurse in the emergency room to look up your file - as I wanted to know what really happened or if it even happened at all". "The nurse, told me - she did not have to look up my file, as the 'whole' hospital was still talking about the true and unbelievable miracle they had all witnessed and had never seen anything like it before". She confirmed everything I had told him, as being the truth. Amazingly enough - the doctor then apologized to me and immediately gave me the MRI I was there for. He also looked at me differently - as if - he was trying to figure out why I was alive - not a vegetable - with no broken bones or anything to show for the accident.

I do have to say I stuttered for about a year and was a little slower for a year also.

Now - the results (Oh, btw - yeah I have had 2 more miracles - where people normally die, but I did not. I won't go into those now - as this one is enough).

I know that angels had held me during this accident - I felt them, without being able to explain how. I also know that the "conference table" conversation - I don't remember the exact words - but during it - I was told, I needed to change the direction I was going with my life. (At that time - I was trying to put together multi million dollar land deals - and only concentrating on making money).

It changed me - where as, I still wonder why at times, I am alive - but also what am I suppose to do in this life. I have tried to live my life - by helping others and I want to make a difference in this world. I am not satisfied with just a "normal" life - and now - I know money is not what gives us "our value" in life - it is "who we are and what we do and how we contribute to the world".

I have to say - all my associates I worked with at that time - never looked at me the same. In fact a few even told me "they were scared of me" after that. (When I went flying through the air - it was right at the moment the CEO and about 20 of the other people I worked with - were walking out the building - just in time to hear the impact and see me flying). As I told them - when I do something - I have to do it "big" and make sure it is seen by all.

edit for grammer

[edit on 17-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I have a voice in my head that warns me of impending danger. I've heard this voice on at least 3 occasions that has saved my life, but it also warns me of non-life threatening events, too.

A few examples:

Once the voice saved me from a car accident that could have killed me. Once the voice woke me up in the middle of the night and told me to check my bank account, and saved me from a $2000 banking error. Twice the voice told me about alternative medicines that would help me recover from a medical condition that conventional medical wisdom says there is no cure for.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by nikiano]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My dad was driving a truck once and hit a child who ran out into the road. The kid was merely stunned, with no sign of injury at all. The truck, however, had a reasonably deep dent in it.

Another one I know of, was when a little girl was struck by a train, thrown through the air and subsequently run over by the train, sustaining no injury.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
My life is being spared for something big. Here are just 2 true scenarios proving why.

Instance number 1:
I was in junior high playing basketball at my neighborhood playground. 2 groups of older kids started breaking out into a big fight nearby. In one group all fled except for 1 who was pinned down. There was about 5 guys beating up this one guy (all of them around high school age). I intervened and threw a couple guys off. One of them apparently had a gun and pulled it out on me. All stopped and were freaked out that he pulled the gun out and now all but the idiot wanted to flee also. I felt no fear for some reason. The fact he pulled a gun on me actually pissed me off. I began to turn dark dark red (my entire body, not just my face) and I saw fear growing in the idiots eyes. He was standing about 4 feet away from me with the gun at point blank in my face. He pulled the trigger (click) misfire. He dropped the gun and began to run. Somehow I knew the gun would not fire. I reached out, grabbed the guy and began giving him a beating of his entire life. Cops arrived and took the guy to the hospital then to juvy. They inspected the gun and did ballistics on the bullet which had my name on it. They stated that it should have fired. Afterwords a few weeks later they gave me the bullet as a remembrance of the occasion. I made a necklace out of that bullet and keep it with me.

Instance number 2:
I was in high school and began experiencing turbulence in my life that when young seem larger than it actually is. Everything is a big deal when you're young right? NOT! Anyway, one particularly bad day I decided the world would be a better place if I were not in it. After school I walked onto the nearest highway and walked right in front of a truck going the speed limit (60 MPH). The truck stopped immediately when I was in front. I was careful to time my entrance to be so last minute that even if he slammed on his brakes he was sure to hit me (clean kill). One second the truck was going 60 and the next second dead stop. He didn't even have time to apply the brakes nor did he even have a jerk motion forward one would normally experience. He was extremely freaked out along with me at this time. Fortunately the guy was a counselor and offered free counseling for me and I managed to get out of my horrible state.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
My past that might suggest miracles is having died and than getting a replacement body. I recall having died when I was younger at least once if not a few times.

Cloning and planned deaths are more false miracles than miracles. I've had sugeries that appeared as if to be life saving. But controling a persons life in many ways isn't free will either.

We apparently live in some type of matrix controlled by another race of 'watchers' As to whether these are the same people with the same deceptive agenda is than also suspect. ( The Incredibles villain)

How would you feel if your new miracle body was a defective clone?

In my life it suggests I have seen many things others may never know and than had it taken away from me. "The lord giveth and the lord taketh away" who and what exactly are our lords and overlords is still uncertain to me.

If you asked a 'wishmaster' to reveal 'the truth' to you, you most likely would get the whole truth with the lies and than have to guess which is which if not just the same agenda to 'control' us.

Two abductees may have entirely different experiences by the same exact person of a species as a control subject by experiment.

One mans heaven is also another mans hell.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Little miracles happen everyday but a big miracle that effects the world doesnt happen overnight.Ive just put about this on one of my threads,,,coincidently the thread above mine was this.

To me it takes many people to produce a miracle,,I dont think Jesus did it purely by himself,,,people that followed him must have had hope and faith that something/someone would come a long and help them.Minds that think the same can make whatever come true if its pure.

People are feeling something now because the end of the 'thinking,dreaming,wishing,praying' is coming to an end and the miracle will unfold but its doing it in a slightly Gracefully way to not scare us,,,and the us,,knows,,whos us and whos them.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
When i was 8 years old I developed a life threatening infection behind my eye. It was rare and there were constantly doctors coming in to look at me. After 2 weeks of it not getting better they were set to operate the next morning. I woke up the morning of the surgery to my parents crying. The infection totally subsided and was almost gone. I went from near death to perfectly fine in 24 hours and was home a few days later.

Now I'm not religious at all, but the night before the surgery my great grandmother gave me a necklace with a charm that had a piece of cloth inside of it that supposedly worn by a catholic saint (i forget the saint's name). My great grandmother had it passed down to her, I recall it being over 100 years old.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It would be another coincidence if it was Saint Helen,,well for me.

The little miracle that happened to me is,I have had endometriosis since 18 and in 1999 I was set to have an hysterectomy,they scanned me a week before and said,,you dont have it,,,the doctors were stumped that it just went away,,but then 2months later it came back.I didnt want that operation,I just listened to everybody else who were saying have it done.

Im so thankful of that miracle,I know Im destined to have another baby.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
When I was 15 I crossed the desert for the first time alone. When it came time to find a motel I looked for one that reminded me of home. A lady stepped in front of my car and I almost ran her over. It was my grandmother. We did not know of eachother's trip and it was a miracle I saw her.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Great Story!! That really touched me, thank you

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
A woman I worked with at one time told me that her father found his feet "glued" to the platform as he attempted to alight a train in his homeland of Czechoslovakia. The train was later involved in a very serious accident (it may have been during WW2, so perhaps due to hostilities). I think she said everyone on board was killed.

Personally, I've had the voices that warn, and prevented a potential car accident once. Sometimes they answer questions. The earliest I had was as a pre-schooler asking the universe as to how it could be infinite, as I could not reconcile something as being endless...the answer was "worlds within worlds", and this certainly wasn't my imagination. It was as clear as a bell. I do not have a definitive answer as to the meaning of this even now.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

I sure hope you're teaching in a private school...

If my kids came home with that assignment from a public school, you'd hear about it on your local news, and i'd be present with a lawyer at the next school board meeting.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Reply to closed mind above.

I was wondering when dogma would show up. Go study quantum mechanics and open your eyes to potentiality you boring "old" stone.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Nineteen]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nineteen

An entire post dedicated to an ad hominem attack? Thats a bit much...

Why is it close minded to not want my children any part of such an assignment?

And if such an assignment was given, why is it wrong to petition the school board?

Its not close minded...

The only time this would be acceptable is in a philosophy class... however most schools keep philosophy to the colleges to avoid lawsuits...

If the OP is a teacher in a private school...well, thats a different story...

Just because it is against your personal beliefs doesn't make it close minded.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I am convinced that we remain unaware of most of the miraculous occurrences in our lives, for the simple reason that they are usually miraculous non-occurrences.

The narrowly avoided accident or attack, the important person in our lives who we almost never met, the chance remark or observation that comes back as a factor in a major decision years later ... I think those are all miracles.

This message brought to you by an atheist/agnostic, who believes that the world presents her with possibilities that have no rational explanation

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
reply to post by Grock

If my kids came home with that assignment from a public school, you'd hear about it on your local news, and i'd be present with a lawyer at the next school board meeting.

Actually, its called college (thats where adults go to learn by the way) and i can see by your awareness levels that you may be unaware of what that is so here - en.wikipedia.org...

I appreciate your ettempt to derail and degrade my thread. You have shown us what ignorance truelly is. I may be adding you to my enemy list so that i dont have to witness your enlightenment any further

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

That is a very good point and I agree with you. Thank You for bringing that up, i agree 100% (except for the no rational part lol)

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Grock

That is an amazing closed minded response to this thread.

If my daughter came home with this type of assignment, I would think it is wonderful, as it opens up children's minds to other things.

There is much more I could about your response, but I will not, as I don't want to get in trouble.

I do have a question though.....why is it, in so many threads, when people talk about the unknown like this, others have to come in and say awful put downs to the op?

Why can't people just express their opinions in a nicer way without trying to trash others?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

nj2day, my policy is normally to try and be understanding as I believe we are all trying to be the best people we know how to be. However this comment shows a narrowness of mind and worse is essentially an attack on others' "private thread". Please try and respect the beliefs and feelings of others a bit more. I doubt that you are welcome on this thread and frankly doubt that you would be much more welcome anywhere on this site as it is place for people with open minds and hearts.

- PM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join