It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS as a danger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Im sure this is not a new topic. I just didnt feel like looking into something related. I want answers and responses. Regardless, feedback on how truely stupid posting here really is would be great. Im not saying the site is bad...hell, I love it.

But they can track this nonsense right? Ip Adresses register everything. Can they censor or shutdown ATS? What about freedom of information? (I know that particualr concept does not reallt exsist anymore, just for theroy pourposes...) Is anyone here worried that they are being tracked? What about a secrect code we could invent? Talking in person with representitives that would better support our intrests here on ATS. As in, since Im NC here, is there anyone else I could hook up with to discuss safer communication between the higher-ups here and the grunts?

Either way, Im sure we can all agree that safer communication is needed.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Trust me, if there was an intent to shut down ATS/BTS, that would have happend already.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheeJester

First of all, a site such as ATS, I don't think has ever been monitored at all. It is not, and has never been taken seriously.
In fact, my opinion is that ATS is an entertaining site to those who spend time getting entertained by the latest "conspiracy theories".
Remember, "conspiracy theories"are American as applie pies are. So stated NEWSWEEK magazine several years ago.
Paranoia is a form of psychological defense mechanism in these stressful times.
So, rest assured, ATS is absolutely an innocent site.
The sites that most likely are been monitored are sites that openly advocate terrorism or sites that are specifically advocating anti-semitic propaganda, etc.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Oh really now, ha, how can this place be of any kind of threat to anything or anyone? What goes on here isn't any different than when a brunch of folks get together at a bar or gather around a keg of beer in their pool room or garage. It's all yak yak yak. Now, if we all got together and started plotting the overthrow of DC and taking back the country from the authoritarian PTB that now rule our butts, well, then maybe, but maybe not if it's all still yak yak yak. The PTB probably appreciate ya'll hanging out here together so they can keep a Big Brother eye on you. Wouldn't surprise me to learn either that this place is secretly run by the CIA or that gangland security bunch. Say something that might get them to come take you away to see if they are watching us, okay.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I am satisfied that the owners of ATS are doing all that is possible to protect us.

Anytime you have a telephone conversation, or communicate via the Internet there is always a chance you are being tracked, watched and observed with whatever form of surveillance is around.

Only a complete idiot would think the Internet is 100 % safe. No form of communication will ever be fool proof.

As far as shutting down ATS goes.....Meh. There are many, many sites that push the limit politically and morally. ATS is tame compared to others.

Thanks to our owners and moderators we are one of the most informative and civilized sites I've been a member of.

I really don't understand why you started this thread. You say you love this site yet you criticize the way we operate.

If you are concerned about your safety then I suggest you do not post here or anywhere on the Internet. And throw your cell phone away and never have a land line in your residence.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

ATS has never been a danger to anyone, in my opinion. I doubt that ATS has ever been monitored by any official agency of any kind.
I believe that ATS is an innocent site.
It is an entertaining site to many readers, I think, who wish to escape from the realities of everyday life and immerse themselves into the world of paranoia. It is a form of entertainment to many people. It also is a form of psychological defense mechanism to many in these stressful times.
That is my opinion. Sometimes, when one thinks he or she is been monitored, it may be even become a form of egocentrism.
The sites that are considered dangerous are most likely sites that openly advocate terrorism or sites that openly espouse racism.
So rest assured, ATS will remain a safe environment.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I am satisfied that the owners of ATS are doing all that is possible to protect us.

Anytime you have a telephone conversation, or communicate via the Internet there is always a chance you are being tracked, watched and observed with whatever form of surveillance is around.

Only a complete idiot would think the Internet is 100 % safe. No form of communication will ever be fool proof.

As far as shutting down ATS goes.....Meh. There are many, many sites that push the limit politically and morally. ATS is tame compared to others.

Thanks to our owners and moderators we are one of the most informative and civilized sites I've been a member of.

I really don't understand why you started this thread. You say you love this site yet you criticize the way we operate.

If you are concerned about your safety then I suggest you do not post here or anywhere on the Internet. And throw your cell phone away and never have a land line in your residence.

Or a TV or cable box....

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
some of the people here are paranoid and bonkerzs. There is no doubt we have our share of crazies here on the ATS forum. However I don't agree that this type website would be harmful to them.

They here would at least have to try to reach out and come to common understandings with other less insane people. It might just be helpful to many people.

One thing is for sure, it makes keeping track of all those nutcases much easier.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Wouldn't surprise me to learn either that this place is secretly run by the CIA or that gangland security bunch. Say something that might get them to come take you away to see if they are watching us, okay.

Thats EXACTLY what I am saying...
Fools to think that I'm stuck on the thought of "Big Brother". Piss!

WE DO NOT KNOW!
Sure. We all trust the orgin of this site. But do we know? Some of you might! But personally I havent ever me the man/woman.
Paranoia isnt my ball, that is not my point. And although, most of the mocking and quoting arrived from misunderstanding, I can over look that.

Im sure that this is'nt a new thought to most of you. I can fathom espionage with the cover of ATS...to join, and later, crush...Computer footprinting is old news.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
if "they" wanted to shut ATS down they wouldnt have to do anything legal
just spread some crap about how ATS members where hackers/pedophiles
and sure enough people would belive them

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm skeered pa........
Is the wandering IP just immaginary or do I belong to a "special" few...
What am I saying its a freakin widget.... c-mon guys

top topics

join