It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming attack on ATS by MSM

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ive been saying on here for quite some time that a LOT of folks on here are CLINICALLY depressed or something. Its just sad to read some of the things on here. The true news is one thing, but there is definite sickness going on with some folks.

This is also my point of view. You should check out the thread surrounding the article specifically.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
reply to post by Yoda411

Ok, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you really had taken back your claim that this article was factual. I asked where it is, I cannot find it. I am starting to think you are a liar. I am going back to my pre-"fact" stance. Until you acknowledge that is not news because it has no facts, or you convince me how you twist reality to fit the word, there is nothing else you can really say.

Unfortunately the definition of "News" has been manipulated into more of a magazine article than current events. You will see this in your local newspaper as well, which I imagine has an opinion section.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

The MSM does fact-checking.

You can quote me on that one.

hey Yoda -

couldn't help myself

you seem concerned - again - about whether or not ATS is providing reliable, credible, factual information -

The main reason I am the only supporter on the concept is that: Delusions are a common occurrence on ATS. Paranoia even more common. Can they be considered a mental health issue? That is for the professionals to determine depending on an individuals severity. They are however extremely common.

please explain how you know this - for a fact

if you want us to just accept this as fact - you're going to have to provide us with some facts

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ive been saying on here for quite some time that a LOT of folks on here are CLINICALLY depressed or something. Its just sad to read some of the things on here. The true news is one thing, but there is definite sickness going on with some folks.

More than 16 percent of Americans -- as many as 35 million people -- suffer from depression severe enough to warrant treatment at some time in their lives,
article here

Do you suppose people are depressed because they are on ATS, on ATS because they are depressed, or chances seem pretty good you will find a depressed person 1 out of every 5 or 6 people. Just throwing that out there.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda411
Unfortunately the definition of "News" has been manipulated into more of a magazine article than current events. You will see this in your local newspaper as well, which I imagine has an opinion section.

Had the definition of "fact" changed?

Apparently "rebuked" has.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
if you want us to just accept this as fact - you're going to have to provide us with some facts

Yes, even one would really spruce this whole BS idea up quite a bit. It has been two days already and I am still waiting.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well if any attack comes I hope it is as transparent in it's bias and design to smear and discredit as ABC's recent effort was. Their argument was the intellectual equivalent of hysterically yelling "Swamp gas and ball lightning!" in response to a reported UFO sighting.
Seriously, don't they have something more pressing to do??... like produce another season of Dancing With the Stars?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
please explain how you know this - for a fact

Boy, I walked face first into that one didn't I?

It is my personal opinion drawn from observations. Paranoia obviously more prominently than delusions, however when we bring out the definition of both even it gets questioned for validity.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Had the definition of "fact" changed?

Apparently "rebuked" has.

It seems we have uncovered a new psychological disorder created by conspiracy theory websites, personal vendetta.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

The media has correctly pointed out that there is a larger percentage of mentally ill people on conspiracy sites. Its just the facts. People have chosen to take that and blow it up into a enormous conspiracy against them, proving the media correct.

it's a fact? pointing it out is not evidence of anything - besides demonstrating that you can point

people are irritated (and/or angry) - I believe - because it's a somewhat conspicuous attempt to paint a picture of something they want an audience to see - and they paint it without any actual evidence

they just say so

they are supposedly in the news business - they don't get to just say so

people are irritated, again, because it's not a study - it's not anything - but just saying so

but, let's just go ahead and say that there is a disproportionately large number of mentally ill individuals on a conspiracy site

so? what of it?

I doubt that's really true however - I'd be willing to bet that many of those same people (unbalanced let's just say) get some of their news from, let's say - the ABC website

there may even be mentally unhealthy individuals who read all manner of news stories, provided by many different sources - who have never once walked down the friendly halls of ATS - or any other conspiracy website

how do I know?

I don't - I just say so

try it - it's easy - and fun

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It seems we have uncovered a new psychological disorder created by conspiracy theory websites, personal vendetta.

No, it is just that you are so busy posting your opinion all over these threads but completely ignoring the fact that you are being called on your ignorance and trucking along as if somehow you are magically right by sheer force. Nuh uh. It does not work that way. You went on and on about how the article was factual and had facts in it. Then you say you "rebuked" your statement. I am not even sure what that means in that context so I ask and now this.

The article had no facts and you cannot seem to admit that. Sorry but I cannot take you seriously if you are really going to keep responding with deflection. If you want to play this game, I am sure I can restate the question as many ways as you can dodge it.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The article had no facts and you cannot seem to admit that. Sorry but I cannot take you seriously if you are really going to keep responding with deflection. If you want to play this game, I am sure I can restate the question as many ways as you can dodge it.

Did the article give any false statements?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I asked first, where are the facts in it?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Gang...I think that we have about 10,000 members here on ATS, if not less...How many other "conspiracy" sites are there????

If anything, we (all conspiracy/strange occurence) sites are the minority, and quite frankly, a VERY small minority...

Considering that many, let's say, 1% (which is an EXTREMELY SMALL portion of the U.S. population and most likely far from accurate) is mentally ill, then there are 3 million mentally ill people in the U.S....

Including Jim Marrs, Art Bell, David Icke, Whitney Streiber, etc...enthusiasts...We, the theorists, may have, let's say, 300,000 subscribers...

So, the argument would be, "are we a subset of any of the major mental illnesses, or a separate illness altogether?"

Considering that our aggregate is less than 0.001% of the population, then why is the MSM focusing on us?

We (conspiracy theorists) can be equated to a Christian trying to convert Chinese residents in China...

But, then again, that's usually what the press reports...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I asked first, where are the facts in it?

The beliefs of David Icke were not mis-represented, and therefor truthful.

Where are the lies in it?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

The beliefs of David Icke were not mis-represented, and therefor truthful.

Where are the lies in it?

I never accused anyone of lying. I asked where the facts were in this "news" story. And here we go again. You cannot just admit it is not at all factual? Really? Ok, let's go around again. Did the article contain any facts?

link   
they're looking for some sort of reaction.

I hope we dont give them the right one.

link   
Oh...And y'all are just attacking each other, rather than furthering the discussion...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, I'll tell ya' what I think.

Look at what this concept and argument has even started here! Mis- and dis- information is everywhere. Im not descrediting, I see possibilitys.
Its got us arguing over something silly.

Hopefully, most here on ATS have the brain to know that the article was intended to downplay our goal.

HELL NO!
I do not agree. ATS and other sites may only invoke small reasons to FEEL paranoid ("The goverment could be watching us right now")... Its up to the indavidual to discren(Sp? please) and sort what is BS(blankets and stuff if you ask my father) and what can be REASONABLY agreed upon without definet proof.

As far as that argument goes, please don't turn into my brother when he got back from college. "Prove it!" He would say.

Prove that a shoe will fall back to the surface of earth if you drop it from any height.
Remember, if it is'nt true one hundred percent of the time, it's false. (According to math and science...) So if that shoe, one time out of all the rest.... didn't fall, would it be "true" of me to say that it will?

Nuff' said.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by swdecord
Oh...And y'all are just attacking each other, rather than furthering the discussion...

I am not attacking anyone. I am asking where the facts are in this news article. It has been asserted that this article is factual. Assertion aside, it is the news. It needs to be factual anyway. It is not. In order to have a serious discussion about people with delusions we need to clear up the idea that some people have that this article is news and even had facts in it. I guess I just feel that it might be pointless to further this with someone suffering from such things. You go on ahead, I am gonna wait back here with the slow kids.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join