It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is life real or just an illusion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
sometimes if I'm sitting down, and then I get up to fast it feels like the whole world is fake, and that consciousness is the only thing, my body is not really there, and I almost discover what reality is, then it stops and I'm back to what we consider reality.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by Nox789
Well if life is an illusion and were all brains in a tub of nutrients, connected to wires. how can people talk together and have there own thoughts on what has been said.

All of our senses are just electrical impulses, so if the technology was available, this in theory could easily happen. But having out own thoughts raises questions.

Originally posted by Seekingmyself
i have wondered this since i was a little girl, strangely enough. when i was around 7 i had the idea that we are all just little dolls being played with by some giants. Obviously this analogy came from the fact that I played with my Barbies in that way...I controlled what they did and what they said and how they interacted. I really believed this was a possibility, even that young. Now, obviously I don't think there are giants playing with us and determining our lives...

No, they're not giants...

[edit on 1/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

well then... what/who are they? lol. i have been yearning to know for a long while now.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
For me personally the answer to this question is quite simple;

Whether life is real or an illusion doenst matter, you have to live it anyway..

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
For me personally the answer to this question is quite simple;

Whether life is real or an illusion doenst matter, you have to live it anyway..

edit; sorry for the double post, dunno what happened

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Just-Think]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just-Think
Whether life is real or an illusion doenst matter, you have to live it anyway...

Ever seen I watched the Matrix for the first time about 2 weeks ago, I can't seem to get this question out of my mind. My point is, to some people a question like this does matter.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I would simply say both a neither, and neither and both, both and neither, neither and neither and both.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have no idea whether this is all just an elaborate illusion or a real reality. I don't really have a good grasp on what reality is. The only way I can figure it is that reality is having a point of view. It's looking out onto this existence from the backside of my eyeballs.

When I die, my little chunk of the holographic universe will vanish into oblivion. Which means the universe will vanish. With you in it. Sorry.

Anyway, I agree that it kind of doesn't matter. "Reality" or not, you still have to deal with it. Or not, I guess.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by leomurray

Ok what?

I mean you have to choose.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Hey life is real.. the reason we see loops is becouse we are in something alive..

we bare witness to creation itself.. The only odd thing in life is you and me.. hehe

if the matrix cracks makes you think.. Imagen what the other side of the matirix is.. spooky! mr smith is neo ; ) lol

Oh just to add the matrix movie is a paradime .. its telling the story of PI and infinity..

or you could just read a good math book "same effect"

[edit on 8-1-2009 by theresult]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Wow...ok!!!

I never said the matrix made me think. What I meant was ever since I watched it for the first time I can't get the question out of my head rather or not if our world is real.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yea i know what you mean.. But you asking the question Is making you think tho..

Atleast you are Thinking about something that wont hurt anybody

I was just putting spin on the movie and the question or thinking about the question ect..

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

ok whatever you say dude. I was just stating the fact that the movie didn't make me start thinking about the question.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Every once in a while, I tend to give myself thought exercises regarding questions such as these. I really enjoy them and coming here to discuss them just expands what we think internally to open ourselves up to a larger sense of ourselves.

Rocketgirl -- I am with you on that the Matrix will more drive the question to continually consider that question. What is reality? Are we real? Is it all an illusion? Do we ultimately have free will or is the free will also have rules that we must abide by?

Now I must ponder and read some more of the thread to get a feel of where things have been and gone.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

an illusion

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reality for us earthbound
is that this illusion has some
serious downsides.
poverty,starvation,displaced
people,wars,disease ,corruption,
and the list goes on.
when these things are put right,
man"kind",will see a better
future ,
this can only happen
in an illusion!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

MM my first thought is, whats he smoking and send some over here.....

If life was just a illusion, would we not pick a better illusion then this?

Then the Joe Walsh tune come into play "life of Illusion", go check it out. If you do not know who Joe Walsh is, where have you been?

Heck I would be very disappointed in myself if this world were the only illusion I could come up with.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Simple. Sort of. What you see is an illusion, but in no way is life.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It is simple, the seperation of our conciousness is an illusion, everything is really one experiencing a game to understand why it is, and simply put, now it's just addicted to playing, and still has no understanding why it exists, and probbly never will, but it's much funner to play then to become whole again and be alone in the void that really is reality. Or it now is just going over the memories of what existences it's played out and trying to compute the results to no avail. JMO.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I was walking a trail in the woods one day and came across a black snake. It startled me so that I almost found my astral self! I really wanted to split the scene of action of reality there at that moment.

"What would life be without reality? By far, reality is the best invention yet!" T.O. Denver

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ive always wondered this same thing. After watching the matrix and also the truman show as a kid it struck a nerve in me and never lost interest in this philosophy. Ive been hospitilized for it and everything pretty weird. I grew up in north carolina and was told i was delusional but i didnt understand this because everyone else wasnt and they believed that jesus is real and was born from a virgin thats pretty far fetched to me. now its seven years later and im still questioning this reality i live in. If this is it to reality than this really sucks. Whats the point, i mean really, born grow work live pay bills work to live to pay bills die thats a pretty #ed up reality. I live in los angeles now and i look around and this world is really a sad place this cannot be reality its simply impossible. I actually question space and the galaxys out there. and now you cant convince me other wise because ive never been outside this atmosphere on this place we call earth. Maybe life on this ''earth'' is a testing center to see if you can make it and if you dont learn your lesson the first time you have to come back and try again i dont know. Or maybe its a dream and we wake up when we die. Please some one get back to me i had no idea that i wasnt the only one who felt this way its great to find a family of people who feel the same way. someone email me and let me know if there is groups out there that help with this. I can believe i actually searched this on google and found such a wealth of like situation in the world this is great i wish there was a way out of this earthly reality that would be great. well my email is: jared cole roberts at live.com just make sure to take out the spaces between jaredcoleroberts and make it the at symbol. Thanks guys so much i would love some support

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join