It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silverstein Sues Airlines 7X Value of WTC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Larry Silverstein Trying to Sue Airlines for 7 Times the Value of the Twin Towers

(This is after “Lucky Larry” Silverstein received a 7.3 billion dollar judgment from another judge (M. Mukasey) in the insurance case. So for a set of buildings, valued at 2.8 billion, he is trying to get another 16 billion after receiving 7.3 billion already… and all he had done when the planes hit them, is layout the 14 million dollar down-payment.)

CNN - A judge says developer Larry Silverstein cannot recover more from the aviation industry than the $2.8 billion value of the World Trade Center if his lawsuits succeed.

I had to read this blog twice and check the news source article before i believed it.
Does this guy know no limits? (also note: timing of this suit is highly suspicious)

[edit on 14-12-2008 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
amazing.. if he gets that settlement the airline industry would go BK... just goes to show that is all about the $$$$$$

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Insurance money is ok, because it is a purpose of getting insured in the first place. But now it seems to me, without knowing all the facts naturally, as cold and inconsiderate way of making money on huge tragedy. Who is next - US military, Air Force, CIA, FBI or maybe firefighters too? There are some lines better not crossed.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted by thefreepatriot
amazing.. if he gets that settlement the airline industry would go BK... just goes to show that is all about the $$$$$$

Isn't unquenchable GREED just wonderful? Gee I wonder how much each of those innocent 3000 victim lives will end up being worth in rounded GREED figures? $$$10 million each? $100 million each? More?

Isn't it too bad that the cannon fodder soldiers who come back in body bags and wheel chairs for these GREEDY New World Order billionaires are not worth as much for their grieving families? Cannon fodder who actually survive are lucky if they can even get appointments with the VA. They get hidden from the public in rat infested falling down barracks and so-called hospitals. Maybe they have a few Jack Kevorkians working there to help speed up the process.

NYC ruling limits airlines' liability for 9/11
Judge limits liability of aviation defendants to replacement costs of WTC towers
December 12, 2008: 11:27 AM ET

NEW YORK (Associated Press) - A judge says developer Larry Silverstein cannot recover more from the aviation industry than the $2.8 billion value of the World Trade Center if his lawsuits succeed.

Federal Judge Alvin Hellerstein made the determination in a ruling filed Thursday. The decision carried Wednesday's date.

Hellerstein rejected Silverstein's claims that his company would be entitled to as much as $16.2 billion from American Airlines, United Airlines and other aviation defendants.

A lawsuit on behalf of Silverstein's companies claimed that negligence by the airlines allowed the terrorists to hijack planes that struck the twin towers on Sept. 11, 2001.

The aviation defendants denied liability.

A call to Silverstein's lawyer wasn't immediately returned.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Silverstein has been a thorn in NYC back side since he wrangled controll over WTC. He has been payed twice already for his pultry initial investment on WTC and has literaly stolen millions from the tennents there for years. Delayed maintainance and infrstructure problems where rampant. These things where swept under the rug for 30 years and because he's connected with the NYC machine, just like Chcago, he has never lost anything in this event. This suit should be jamed up his posterior by a federal judge.

Zindo

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
All the official story supporters always begged the question "Who would stand to gain?" well, Larry has inserted himself into the spotlight once again.

Some can and will continue to view this simply as a greedy man capitalizing on a tradegy, when they should be recognizing the pre-meditative nature of his actions, he's answering your question people! He is only one of MANY that have profited from this cover-up.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Silverstein has been a thorn in NYC back side since he wrangled controll over WTC. He has been payed twice already for his pultry initial investment on WTC and has literaly stolen millions from the tennents there for years. Delayed maintainance and infrstructure problems where rampant. These things where swept under the rug for 30 years and because he's connected with the NYC machine, just like Chcago, he has never lost anything in this event. This suit should be jamed up his posterior by a federal judge.

Just a few problwms with your conspiracy fantasy

The Port Authority owned all the WTC complex except for WTC 7 which
was Silverstien's.

Silverstein had only just obtained a long term lease to the complex - was
in process of taking over maintenence, which was still under control of
Port Authority. Not for 30 years as you maintain

Silverstein lease contained clause that would have to rebuild - after
insurance payment which took several years to collect and had to fight
for insurers who claimed it one incident and didn't have to pay both
buildings. Still had pay rent to Port Authority and with no tenants no
money coming in...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Zindo may have mispoke about what Silverstein was responsible for but, if the problems existed before then ask yourself why an intelligent wealthy real estate man would invest 125 million into a govt. subsidized white elephant that was bound to be dismantled?

Don't get any ideas that all of Larrys windfall has been spent on mortgage and rebuilding either, take for instance WTC 7, larry invested 386 million and got back 861 million, the cost for rebuilding 7 was 700 million however Liberty Bonds covered 475 million of the project.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
star and flag.

no idea, how you guys over there in US can stand it. I do not think I would let him go away with this. but I belive that justice will find the way through the dark one day.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

A lawsuit on behalf of Silverstein's companies claimed that negligence by the airlines allowed the terrorists to hijack planes that struck the twin towers on Sept. 11, 2001.

Are you kidding me?!?!

Sue this idiot for not adequately maintaining the towers. Try him for the deaths of 3000 then torture him under the 'Patriot act', at least then, it would be good for something.

[edit on 15/12/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
So let me get this straight, they lock up Martha Stewart for a little inside trading, which hurts no one... and this guy does some major inside trading which involves the loss of thousands of innocent people in NYC which in turn leads to the death of millions of innocent people in the middle east and goes to the bank, not once but twice?

I haven't been able to find any reference to Silverstein having dual-citizenship, but i did find such is the case for Michael Mukasey who was the judge in the litigation between Silverstein and the insurance companies. Go figure, Mukasey's promotion in 2007 was to U.S. Attorney General... hmm of all the judges to choose from, what are the chances?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Larry Silverstein should be hung upside down by his balls and left there as an exhibit.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So is this leech going to try and sue the families of those on the aircraft on the premise that their added body mass added to the total damage inflicted causing the towers to come down?

Someone needs to sort this grabbing SOB by the nuts and squeeze till his eyes pop out.

He's already been paid by the insurance now trying to get more out of the airlines. Sorry but I didn't know that airlines had a 'terrorist's only' queue at the gates. Surely by doing this he's trying to get the airlines to admit that they knew the terrorists were going to do their dastardly deed and let them carry on with it?.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Starred and flagged.

What a piece of garbage.

How much does this soulless man want to suck from society, especially the worst tragedy in US history?

Thanks Larry for showing your true colors once again and what the people at the top of the financial chain are thinking and doing.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
"We talked to their private security staff, we talked to people who were there with Larry on 9/11 - they said he got a phone call telling him not to show up to work and he called his daughter up and his daughter also never showed up to work," Man that guy is soooooooo lucky! I know there are around 3000 other folks that wish they had gotten that call!!!

I have never placed much importance in terms of evidence on Lucky Larry's "pull it" remark because it is so easily refuted with the "I mispoke." defense.

However I will say that from the very first time I saw this video to the present I feel he was saying demolish the building. Sure this is my opinion but I am just being honest.

Did you hear after receiving his first insurance settlement for the WTC complex Lucky Larry also filed suit against the airlines for negligence. This could backfire on LL because you know how stingy those insurance companies can get.

There is something terribly wrong with this picture. he can receive billions of dollars in an insurance settlement and then sue the airlines but the victim families have no recourse if they accepted the measly compensation (aka bribe) from the government?

The airlines tried to get the CIA and FBI officials to testify in the families' wrongful death suits. The government claimed that allowing their testimony would jeopardize national security. It appears Lucky Larry has a pretty good case considering the airlines have already settled most of the families' cases. Let's see if he can bankrupt a couple of airlines and throw thousands of people out of work on top of everything else. A real patriot and sooooooooooooo Lucky!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Well said!!! This is exactly my perspective. He wants to profit from this due to his insatiable greed. I say we try him and hold him responsble /

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I've read many stories of the poor families of the innocents slaughtered by those animals on 9-11. I've read many of the accounts of the fight to survive that day. I'm absolutely amazed at the thousands of people that fought and survived, many helping others chop, claw and crawl through collapsed walls and doors to freedom using their bare hands or anything they could find against seemingly insurmountable odds. "Hardened" New Yorkers patiently helped the handicapped, the obese or the mortally wounded to walk or carry them step by step down from certain death to life, down as many as 90 stories in the south tower, all in a span of 102 minutes, that is what fate allotted them. Scores of people lost their lives trying to help others. Thousands died but thousands survived, a true testament of what humans are capable of.
The fault of the act should rest solely on the group that planned, financed and committed this unimaginable crime. I believe the financing came mostly from Saudi sources.
Now as to why the buildings fell down that's another matter that started in the early 60s when the trade center concept was first initiated by the all-powerful Port Authority. They actually rewrote the fire codes to make the construction of these poorly built structures possible. Over the next few years they cut every corner, changed virtually every requirement regarding fire prevention and containment. The requirements for fire escapes and width of emergency passages, along with number and type of elevator shafts were all reduced to gain square footage. They were in essence above the law because they had the codes changed to fit the buildings they wanted to build. So there are many to blame but they all have one thing in common, greed, greed for more rentable space.
Building number 7 owned by Larry Silverstein was reinforced specially for security agencies connected with the federal, state and city levels of government. Included were the IRS, Secret Service, S.E.C. and the City of New York Emergency Management Services. The “bunker” housing the command center for the mayor’s Emergency Management “doomsday” center in emergencies was to rely on generators powered by diesel fuel tanks housed in the building in violation of every rule in the book. Once again however the rules didn’t apply because the entity responsible was the city itself. In yet another inconceivable coincidence one of the engines from the second plane apparently detached from the wreckage during it’s 400 mph through tower 2 and flew directly into building 7 resulting in the ignition of the diesel supplies contained within. So while very unlikely, again the worst-case scenario took place. Intense heat from the burning diesel consumed the building from the inside out aided by all the other consumables within the structure. The steel was so weakened from the hours of incineration, the building could no longer stand, it imploded brought down by it’s own weight of the exterior shell still standing. So while Lucky Larry Silverstein made an unusual statement late afternoon on 9-11 by using the words “pull it” he meant pull out the firemen and discontinue the effort to save it, he knew it was a futile at that point.
Certainly a questionable character Larry Silverstein, took over the reins of the trade center in what at least appears to be a stroke of "luck". Lucky Larry has now sunken to a subterranean level of greed never before seen in the business world. The largest insurance suit ever conceived and ultimately won followed by Spitzer's shame and demise from politics. One can only imagine what really happened in the final days leading to the largest "regulatory act" ever imposed in an insurance settlement.
Silverstein’s newest suit against the airlines is the most desperate and ill-conceived attempt to feed his ego and gain personal fortune built on the bodies of those poor innocent victims. I hope he fails and gets his just reward.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Gee what a surprise... just when you thought he's exercised every angle in opportunity to screw everyone in sight... he finds another.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

SnF both of your threads. This just makes you sick in the stomach how someone could be so greedy off the deaths of thousands. And the greedy someone could be a suspect in those deaths.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wasn't Silverstein's life spared because he had a doctors appointment that day? How convenient.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join