It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Smoking Be Banned?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Oh no you misunderstood, I was referring to Private propeties such as buisnesses.....I was not reffering to my home or anyone elses home. My bad for not being more clear.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

Are you suggesting the things I mentioned arent?

I would beg to differ and in fact would rate some of mine as MORE dangerous than smoking

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by prototism

And i would say anyone who says Pot has not killed anyone is also biased as they are most likely a pot user...that goes both ways.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANTHONY33

Dude!
Whats your beef with Marijuana? It never killed no one.

Whoa Whoa who says i have a beef with marijuana

ive researched it alot in the past and i think it should be legal

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

This is PURE LIES, the United States Surgeon General says that in all the time they have been tracking deaths by drugs which is over 40 years now. the # of pot related deaths is ZERO...

Nice try though, kinda like that Amtrak guy that smoked a joint a week before the accident but drank a 6 pack the day of the accident ON THE TRAIN but pot caused the accident... I refer back to the U.S. Surgeon General

[edit on 12/13/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
Oh come on. The "pollution" argument is ridiculous. Both smokers and non smokers are suffering from factors beyond our individual control, beyond our individual choice. The difference is black and white.

Nope. People can choose to ride a bike, walk or ride a little red wagon, or demand we get off of the oil tit IV drug of OPEC too and eliminate the choice to throw pollution into the air too. That is within individual control. Your point difference isnt black and white, its more in the grey area.

Originally posted by prototism
One is an individual choice that affects others (one group directly, one group indirectly) [smoking], while the other is not an individual choice that affects both groups equally [pollution]. Those are some fundamental differences, that can simply not be ignored by any rationally thinking person.

So the choice made for us smokers by others to go outside or be in designated smoking areas is not good enough now?

You non smokers got what you wanted, and since that isnt good enough, now you want to cure the problem by killing the paitent too. And what happens 10, 20 years from now when even that isnt good enough? Will you focus all this dont infringe on my rights but let me infringe on others nonsense into forcing ways to eliminate all that pollution that boths sides continue to endure?

I would hope so.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

LOL, Good thing im Canadian so i dont have to listen to the Surgeon General.

[edit on 12/13/0808 by Trayen11]

link   

Would it surprise you if I said I didn't smoke pot? Have I tried it? SURE! Did I want to do more? No. No reason to.

The point is, pot in moderation is safe. You can't let one instance of a kid who lost sight of the concept of moderation skew you entire opinion on the issue in general, as that comes perilously close to Logical Fallacy land.

link   
Tell you what, the day I can tell a woman what to do with her body (ABORTION) is the day you can tel me what to do with mine (smoking).

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Yes id like you to say which one of those things you listed is far more dangerous than smoking please

[edit on 13-12-2008 by Anti - Government]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by prototism

I agree with you that in moderation it is safe for the most part, but to say Pot does not cause deaths is pure nonsense.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

That is almost a fair argument. While both abortion and smoking affect more than one "person", it brings up the issue of what it is to be a person, which is for another thread entirely.

There is no doubt in my mind that smoking physically affects two (or more) "people". But abortion? Sure, it affects one (the mother), but is the fetus a person?

[edit on 12/13/2008 by prototism]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
caffeine causes more deaths per year than marijuana,there are 0 deaths related to it,and you friend was lying,thc does not cause hallucinations in the slightest,thats called shifting the blame.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I see what you are saying, but to be fair, the same can be said about any substance that alters your state of mind, perception, inhibition, judgment, health etc.

I'm sure you would agree that you can't limit it to pot alone.

[edit on 12/13/2008 by prototism]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Alcohol kills over 650,000 people a year...

Methane from farts is supposedly warming the planet and were all gonna die according to AL Gore over that...

Whenever I see a fat chick in spandex in public I CLOSE MY EYES TIGHT then I crash the car into some lady and her baby on the sidewalk, the other option is to keep my eyes open which means I throw up on myself and go on the sidewalk and and well you know....

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
reply to post by ANTHONY33

Tell that to one of the my classmates who was hit by some idiot all cooked up on Pot......when they asked the kid why he didn't try to break the kids answer was...."I was so high i thought I was just seeing things"

Yeah Pot is so safe.

And disinformation is also safe /sarcasm/.

Anybody who would think that a car or person is not real because of THC has seen way too many anti-pot commercials. Reminds me of the old commercial where the girl dives into a empty pool because she was so high that she thought it was filled with water, lol.

When governments tell people that pot is so dangerous because it makes people jump out of windows thinking they can fly, full blown '___' like hallucinations, frying your brain like an egg, and other lies blown out of proportion they are actually creating more harm then good in my opinion.

If this kid was told the truth about the effects of THC he would have been much better prepared in dealing with it This goes the same for ANY drug. But instead, they create a totally distorted view in the heads of children about pot, which sadly has the opposite effect that they intended. Much like the people who call 9-1-1 thinking they are overdosing on pot after trying it their first time. If they were aware that it is impossible to overdose then they would not be so paranoid.

--

Anyway, more on topic, all you smokers should look into this new product called the e-cigarette. They use a atomizer and liquid nicotine to produce a vapor that you inhale. No carcinogens, no tar, no added chemicals, no harmful smoke. You also can smoke them in bars and other public places.

It seems they are catching on quite quick, and have effectively even been used as a smoking cessation device. By tapering down nicotine levels in the cartridges, many have been able to successfuly stop smoking traditional cigarettes - some even all together.

The way things are going, it seems that they are going to put so many taxes, penalties, bans and such on tobacco and smoking it that people will start to realize how out of hand things have got before they quit. But then again, I remember people saying they would quit when smokes hit 5$ a pack, and they are still going strong, some even stronger.

I am a ex-smoker, but may even pick up a e-cigarette in a cherry flavor cartriges with no nicotine. Occasionally when I drink, I may enjoy a smoke every now and then - very few and far in between - but this would be a much healthier, legal, alternative.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
reply to post by ANTHONY33

Tell that to one of the my classmates who was hit by some idiot all cooked up on Pot......when they asked the kid why he didn't try to break the kids answer was...."I was so high i thought I was just seeing things"

Yeah Pot is so safe.

so your saying if he was drunk it would have been better?
Don't blame the plant, blame the fool who decided to drive stoned. If he sat at home like he should of done whilst doing such substances it would not have happened.

The main problem is lack of education on these plants due to Narrow Minded Socialite Programming that only say NO Don't do 'Drugs' as they are all evil and make you kill people. NO people kill people not a plant.

As a consequence to this lake of education on what each substance dose and the advantages and disadvantages and so on. Kids will go and find out for themselves and learn the hard way.

Banning of natural plants are insane and doesn't have any benefit to mankind. Everything in nature is put there for a propose and it is foolish to thing that man should or can control nature and not suffer the consequences.

A Ban on chemical Tobacco industry yes, so you can smoke pure tobacco if you wish as long as you respect those around you.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You are trying to prove a point, but are ending up sounding ridiculous. Come on. Just accept smoking is dangerous to the health of the human body.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Let me draw everyones attention to this

Terms and Conditions

Specifically:

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites that contains discussion of such material.

Any further references that fall under that category will immediately be removed without question and the poster could be warned.

Thank you

Semper

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join