It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America too stupid to fight pirates.... ARRRGGGH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Latest news tells me that apparently the US is too stupid to fight pirates.

OR, the reporters are have problems writing coherent headlines and lead in sentences.

The United States lacks the intelligence needed to pursue the fight against pirates on Somali soil, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said on Saturday.

stupid news source

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
why should the US fight the pirates its not our ships that are getting taken.

when they take one of our ships i expect the navy seals will take out the pirates in quick order.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Right on the point, ANNED! I think it's about time for the U.S. to keep it's nose out of foreign affairs not affecting us, and put all our efforts into reporting the atrocities inflicted on the pirates, and all the top secret plans conceived to battle the pirates. We have to make it as difficult as possible for the navies over in that part of the world to battle these "patriots of freedom".

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks for insulting all of Americans. Now let me tell you the real reason why we can't fight pirates.

True Pirates loot, kill, rape, etc. but then never return to land. Not for anything more than a quick food supply, then it's back out to the open sea. We can't fight them because we can't find them. The article mentions they are on land, but if they are pirates then they are sea robbers.

It's certainly not an intelligence problem. It's the same issue we had fighting against Guerrilla Warfare. It is something we are unfamiliar with combating.

We are also way too busy to even give a crap about a handful of theifs. They fail to mention the BILLIONS of things happening every single day in our government, but instead blames us for not solving a conflict that we are not involved in.

The US wants and tries very hard to keep the world at rest by pursuing enemies across all borders. I find it insulting that they are instantly attacked when they do not immediately come to someones aid.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
How many other countries have warships right there? And yet ships are STILL being fired upon and taken. I was reading an article about a cruise ship that is going to offload everyone, fly them on a chartered plane to their next port of call, and put them up in a 5 star hotel for 5 days until the ship gets there. The US isn't the only country there so why is it OUR fault that the pirates are out there still?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It doesn't say were too stupid. It says we lack the intelligence needed.

Intelligence, as used in the intelligence community, means information processed in a manner that prevents identification of the original source.

Expressed in a different way:

Intelligence is information processed in such a way that its original source can not be identified.

SPAM is meat processed in such a way that its original source can not be identified.

Ergo, Intelligence is to timely accurate information as SPAM is to ham steak.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hahahaha intelligence, as in information of how and where the pirates operate. It's the same problem for NATO and India. Since it's closer to their countries and the pirates aren't a big threat to world peace, let them deal with it. I would prefer America concentrated on Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran, and maybe Russia and China someday rather than worry about a few small pirates.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Um ... you are aware that the word intelligence can have more than one meaning right?? Or were you just too stupid to realize they meant information?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
ROFL!!! That was a very poorly written sentence. The editor should be ashamed of him/herself but probably knew that people may have to read the sentence twice to understand the meaning of 'intelligence' and thought it would be funny.

Jemison

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky

The United States lacks the intelligence needed to pursue the fight against pirates on Somali soil, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said on Saturday.

Thats hilarious.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
Latest news tells me that apparently the US is too stupid to fight pirates.

OR, the reporters are have problems writing coherent headlines and lead in sentences.

stupid news source

Yeah, but imagine how convenient it is that these "pirates" can board just about any ship, search it and either shut it down or abandon it...and do it with apparent impunity.

Really consider that for a minute...a bunch of ragtag "pirates" boarding and thoroughly searching ships from pretty much any country in the world, no search warrants, no UN or NATO approval or no real linkage to any known stable government - or at least a rouge connection to a hostile and unstable third-world muslim government, right out in the middle of international waters. If I'm not mistaken, they've hit Saudi, Syrian, Chinese and Russian ships pretty heavily.

Kinda neat...wonder what all kinds of good stuff those "pirates" have pulled off of Chinese and Syrian ships on their way to Venezuela or Cuba or something like that.

Arrrgh, matey!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Dont worry about it...here have a hotdog and a coke enjoy the music....

top topics

join