It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOW predictions for 12.12.2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nyarlathotep

Indeed.

There was nothing coherent to suggest a market crash today or investors vanguard themselves into panic mood.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
"Twelve Twelve Oh Eight" Oh my!!!! Let the panic begin. The market will crash. Just look at the date!

Kids.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Well .. actually there was.. plenty ...

If you watch Volatility you will see this was a "lightly traded" session .. with the power players covering and sitting out..

Because some very bad news could develop over the weekend..

And the selling Could, and may continue on Monday.

Sure, the President over ruled Congress and took a piss on our Constitution this morning, but in all honesty, not even that brought the market into the green..

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I believe the market will decline to 3000 by July of 2009 because of massive layoffs. This is what I believe to be a trickle down effect with what I think will be the loss of 15 million jobs in 2009. I believe Shopping centers will set empty and several hundred thousand small businesses closing. I also think Food warehouse inventories will twindle in the next 2 months.

How do I know all these things? The same way I knew to sell all my stocks and take my money out of the bank the Friday before Black Monday in 1987. My broker called me crazy as a lune. The Tuesday after black Monday 1987 my broker calls me and said, how did you know to bail out of the market? I told him I spent $1200.00 a year reading financial newsletters by the top gurus. Many individuals do not take the time to read and are lead around like sheep.

I believe realization will hit home after the holidays and as football season comes to an end. I believe food lines will be city blocks long due to lack of work and children holding their Mother's hand will be standing in line as tears run down their cheeks in 2009. Then and there the U.S. will have it's first reality check.

I believe many will find Gold and silver will not be as popular as once thought. I think Food and bullets will be the new barter for the masses.

Wise men they thought they were anyway, told me that the U.S. had too many checks and balances in place that would ward off a depression and it could never happen in the U.S. again. Where are the check and balances now? Oh I forgot Congress will protect us from the beast called Depression.

This is what I believe will happen, but I pray it does not and if it does we will see things and be put in situations we thought not possible in our life times.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by amari]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
reply to post by warrenb

I believe the market will decline to 3000 by July of 2009 because of massive layoffs. This is what I believe to be a trickle down effect with what I think will be the loss of 15 million jobs in 2009. I believe Shopping centers will set empty and several hundred thousand small businesses closing. I also think Food warehouse inventories will twindle in the next 2 months.

How do I know all these things? The same way I knew to sell all my stocks and take my money out of the bank the Friday before Black Monday in 1987. My broker called me crazy as a lune. The Tuesday after black Monday 1987 my broker calls me and said, how did you know to bail out of the market? I told him I spent $1200.00 a year reading financial newsletters by the top gurus. Many individuals do not take the time to read and are lead around like sheep.

I believe realization will hit home after the holidays and as football season comes to an end. I believe food lines will be city blocks long due to lack of work and children holding their Mother's hand will be standing in line as tears run down their cheeks in 2009. Then and there the U.S. will have it's first reality check.

I believe many will find Gold and silver will not be as popular as once thought. I think Food and bullets will be the new barter for the masses.

Wise men they thought they were anyway, told me that the U.S. had too many checks and balances in place that would ward off a depression and it could never happen in the U.S. again. Where are the check and balances now? Oh I forgot Congress will protect us from the beast called Depression.

This is what I believe will happen, but I pray it does not and if it does we will see things and be put in situations we thought not possible in our life times.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by amari]

WOW that was very well written THANKS. I am not all Doom and Gloom but I do have to say that the writing on the wall is present. Pres-elect Obama has a long road ahead of him.

Also I would like to say that if the gov doesn't supply the Big 3 with the bridge loans needed, the money the gov just HANDED to these banks to bail them out will need to be replinished because of ALL the forclosures that these workers are going to have. Are you are there are well OVER 2 million individuals assoc with the Big 3? I say hang Gettlefinger by his finger.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join