It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOW predictions for 12.12.2008

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Right out the gate, the market is down 140 points.

With the failed bailout/loan of the auto industry, global markets are tanking big time and I am predicting the DOW Jones will go below 8000 points possibly to sit at around 7200...or less

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I don't think its going to be that bad. I just said in another thread that the White House made a comment that they "would not let the auto industry go under". The Dow should have been down a lot more then it is right now. I don't know about you guys, but I don't find that much comfort in what the White House says..ever. I don't get why investors put so much faith in those people..

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Oh, this reminds me from my old favorite,

"BOYS IN DOW" prediction contest!

I make my bet in most difficult day... Ending numbers >

DJIA - 488.00
Nasdaq - 97

Oil 42,10
Gold 810

( BTW, "Economic Apocalypse USA" is still rolling! )

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Is there any premise for this prediction?

You are suggesting the DOW will fall over 1,000 points - highly unlikely. The Hell fire and brimstone, Sodom and Gomorrah, lake of fire and eternal damnation prediction is wide off the mark.

You are suggesting a percentage loss of near 15%.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
just watch and see

investors are pulling out

read this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The DOW will end UP today by about 175 points

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Once 2pm roles around we will have a better grasp on which way the stocks will go. I usually don't pay much attention to it until 2pm. We'll see..

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

You are suggesting something different.
According to your post, we are about to experience the worst market crash in history
The current losses are respectable. Not even 2% - market crash is a decline of 10% on the index.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm quite sure there are a few unknown companies out there that with government money start buying up stocks when the market falls... the why is just to prop up the system... besides if the market fell as fast and as much as you suggest that would trigger the cut off ...the market would automatically shut down before reaching that far a drop

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
I don't think its going to be that bad. I just said in another thread that the White House made a comment that they "would not let the auto industry go under". The Dow should have been down a lot more then it is right now. I don't know about you guys, but I don't find that much comfort in what the White House says..ever. I don't get why investors put so much faith in those people..

They don't have any faith in that bunch at all.....They just want to be in the market when the hand out arrives...so they can take a little more equity out for themselves and leave the pension plans and institutional investors holding the bag of DO..DO.....

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Somebody is pumping huge sums to US Markets again...

Fri 12 Dec 2008 | 10:56 EST

DJIA 8,516.90 -48.19 0.56%
Nasdaq 1,517.14 +9.26 0.61%

Market manipulating is on its way today, no question about that...

- When everything else is a lie: Reasons for wars, freedom and democracy, history, religions... Why "Free Markets" would make any difference? This is just another of those moments, when "analytics" are shaking their heads, professionals just "smiling" without words... "What is happening?"

And there is no one to answer...

- "Noh, its just markets, nobody can rule those..."

Yeah, right!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I'm quite sure there are a few unknown companies out there that with government money start buying up stocks when the market falls... the why is just to prop up the system... besides if the market fell as fast and as much as you suggest that would trigger the cut off ...the market would automatically shut down before reaching that far a drop

In theory it sounds like an excellant Idea.....except that what they will buying is overpriced,overvalued shares in companies that are making no money or are caught up in complicated accounting methods designed to decieve even the most prudent of investors....This system is broken and it started in the early eighties when the likes of Bosky,Milkin and Icahn were allowed to bring worthless paper into the market in exchange for equity...incidentely the DOW was around 850-900 then,just to give you an idea of the degree of thievery over the past 20 plus years...in October the Dow was 12000....as you see we still have a long way to go...In my humble opinion...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My prediction ill be the DOW will end in the + side today. seems everytime the final nail is being driven into the economy there ends up being a gain on the day. Everyone remember back in oct when they halted future trading because they hit the cap. Everyone figured that way the day the markets were done for, and low and behold the markets finished up that day.

IMO i say the dow ends +150ish

problem is sooner or later the money that countires are throwing at these problems is just going to simpley run out.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by theodore j

I offer one simple item of note as proof.... exchange-traded fund, or ETF are not following the ups and downs of the DOW...

ETFs are popular among institutional investors to make rapid and large bets on sectors such as oil, gold, waste-management and semiconductors. They also use ETFs to hedge their bets on stocks, bonds, commodities and other securities. In 2007, managers introduced ETFs for use in retirement accounts such as 401(k) plans, as well as life- cycle ETFs, which invest more conservatively as investors near retirement. For individual investors, ETFs offer a wider selection of indexes than mutual funds.

WHere as the DOW bounces back upon reaching $8.200, ETF's keep steady falling... someone out there must believe that if they keep the DOW up the rest will follow... that my friend is not happening

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What DOW indicates is now different every day. The measure stays the same, but the thing measured shrinks.

Look at DOW today, it's an optical illusion, not more than that.

What America has? Service economy. Where is the manufacturing? Oil companies will be selling oil to somebody else. Somebody else will be making cars and weapons. Corporations don't care where the money comes from. America has food, corporations will concentrate on that. Americans will be soon be able to buy only food and very little above that.

This is the end of American grasshopper economy, the Grasshoppers move on. Realize that for once and stomp on them.

The politicians will keep pretending they're trying to save the system, but they have already left the system. America is now in vitro, it is being observed and manipulated from the outside.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
My prediction ill be the DOW will end in the + side today. seems everytime the final nail is being driven into the economy there ends up being a gain on the day. Everyone remember back in oct when they halted future trading because they hit the cap. Everyone figured that way the day the markets were done for, and low and behold the markets finished up that day.

IMO i say the dow ends +150ish

problem is sooner or later the money that countires are throwing at these problems is just going to simpley run out.

The money can never run out as long as they have the ability to print as they need....get ready for 100 dollar box of corn flakes followed by the deal of a lifetime on your new home.....Hyper inflation followed by deflation/depression......the operative word is equity....today they are taking equity...DOW down 180/200 points...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by theodore j

I offer one simple item of note as proof.... exchange-traded fund, or ETF are not following the ups and downs of the DOW...

ETFs are popular among institutional investors to make rapid and large bets on sectors such as oil, gold, waste-management and semiconductors. They also use ETFs to hedge their bets on stocks, bonds, commodities and other securities. In 2007, managers introduced ETFs for use in retirement accounts such as 401(k) plans, as well as life- cycle ETFs, which invest more conservatively as investors near retirement. For individual investors, ETFs offer a wider selection of indexes than mutual funds.

WHere as the DOW bounces back upon reaching $8.200, ETF's keep steady falling... someone out there must believe that if they keep the DOW up the rest will follow... that my friend is not happening

Good Point and well taken.....How are the oil and gold ETFs doing now...
The Hedge funds are dependent on a cash flow that is what is drying up in this market.....our foreighn investment groups are not as adventuress as they once were...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
OK, the Dow is now posting a small gain. Just because the market drops 140 points right at the opening bell, does not mean that it is going to lose a 1000 points at the end of the day. It could still lose ground at the end of the day, but I think it's just a little paranoid thinking it will drop 15% in one day.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
People should understand that wall street is a con, and government run, it has nothing to do with the free amrket of just people and there emotions. The rest of the worlds markets seem to be much more free, to public swings.

Wall street never does anything the government does not want, and thats why you should never invest in wall street as its a con.

The american government should just set the prices openly and with the stock market. Its a joke.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well, the Dow finished UP nearly 65 points today. Like I said before, just because it fell 140 points right out of the gate, doesn't mean it's going to keep tumbling.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join