It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I dread looking at Wall Street tomorrow. It’s not going to be a pleasant sight.”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

We will solve our lending default problems by borrowing. OMG!! Where is the logic.

There is no need for logic. Remember, it is the government. NOTHING they do is logical, it just happens, just as S--T happens.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Citadel is a potentially huge issue. Billions of $ locked up for minimum 3 months. I'm not particularly concerned about "other" hedgies - if Cit goes down, it all goes down in a ball of flame.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

I know if I had funds in a Hedge Fund and they said I cannot have my portion withdraw, I would be screaming mad.. Mutual Funds are STILL suffering a massive exodus as well, every record of withdraws ever set has been destroyed since Oct.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The stock market went up today. Proves they were just scare mongering because they didn't get their way.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by XXXN3O

We will solve our lending default problems by borrowing. OMG!! Where is the logic.

There is no need for logic. Remember, it is the government. NOTHING they do is logical, it just happens, just as S--T happens.

Oops their I go again silly me, Im getting that coincidence thing mixed up again.

Baa

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Hey, Rock, I've heard that you're moving to Detroit . . .

GM hired some of the biggest names in restructuring as it mulls a possible bankruptcy filing.

I can't wait to see GM rise again from the ashes like Phoenix -- a lean machine making the best scissors in the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

The US traders got a whiff of the going ons in the Senate after the lunch, paid respect to their comrades in Detroit and will go after their own business tomorrow.

What did I tell you?

Stander! Are you talking to yourself again?
No, mom. I'm practicing.
Be careful not to drop your GM violin. It cost me a fortune.
Yes, mom. I'll play only slow pieces. Zzzzeeeeeeeeee-zzzaaaaaaaaaaaaa . . .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join