It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How prepared are you really?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

I agree that to bug in would be a good idea. Most of the survival minded people I would think are prepared enough to stay put for a while. Rule #1 in ANY situation is remain calm.

As far as the violence thing goes. People have been killing each other long before guns, or bows. I explained to a friend not long ago, if he came through my door looking to harm my family I have a very good chance of defending them. (He is a very big guy) If several people his size attacked my only option would be to arm myself.

Spiritowl

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
My favorite part about you "survivalists" is that your only concerned about your own survival, rather than the survival of your peers and countrymen. It would be interesting indeed to see what this selfish attitude may bring upon you at a time of complete chaos.

You gotta be kidding me, right? One of your earlier posts you mention that preparing for survival is pointless as we are all going to die someday anyways. Now you come out and challenge the "survivalist" community of ATS to save all of those around us.

Who exactly do we have to save in order to be in your good graces? Do I need to open my doors to people like you who simply ignore facts and do nothing to prepare yourself? Am I now responsible for not only my well being but yours and the guy down the street and everyone else in a 5 mile radius?

If you had spent any time in the survival forums at all you would see that most of us here care a great deal for those around us. Not just because we may percieve them as a threat post sit-x, but we want and try to share our knowledge and ideas with anyone who will listen. We debate over how to share water and how much, we plan to have BOL's set up not just for us, but for the mother of 2 who is single and a waitress and simply cant prepare properly. We stock our ammo, our water, our food, not just so we have it, but so we can trade and keep others alive. We teach those unprepared now, and keep records and books to help those alive after tradegy happens. We know full well that the best way for us to live is to keep good people around us alive, prepared or not.

No, we cant save everyone. To think we can is foolish. But for those willing to listen, willing to learn and try to think ahead, we will be there for them.

For those willing to do nothing but call us out as greedy or heartless or loners and do nothing to support your own or our survival, you will be the ones left wandering in the wilderness.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra

My favorite part about you "survivalists" is that your only concerned about your own survival, rather than the survival of your peers and countrymen. It would be interesting indeed to see what this selfish attitude may bring upon you at a time of complete chaos.

You gotta be kidding me, right? One of your earlier posts you mention that preparing for survival is pointless as we are all going to die someday anyways.

Sal, Fish is a troll trying to bait you, just ignore him.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra

You gotta be kidding me, right? One of your earlier posts you mention that preparing for survival is pointless as we are all going to die someday anyways. Now you come out and challenge the "survivalist" community of ATS to save all of those around us.

I believe blowfishdl raised a relevant point, and should not be ridiculed.

How many survivalists are willing to step on as many people as it takes to indeed survive?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

I figured that, but wanted my point out there for anyone else reading his post thinking that survivalists dont care about those around us. That was my last reply to him.

We must fight the sterotypes put on survivalists as loners in their cabins with a shotgun and can of beans, its the only way to get others to prepare as the OP mentioned in order to have some semblence of order when it all falls apart. The more who know we are rationale, moral people, the more they can help us and the more we can help them.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I haven't found anywhere yet on these boards where the trolls dont attack at the first opportunity. I can agree with the you cant prepare for everything idea. That was part of the reason for my post. For example i'm in Wyoming. I know that I am screwed if the Yellowstone caldera blows, or if a nuclear war happens. On the other hand i'm pretty well off if the economy goes belly up. I can hunt and fish and grow food. I dont have to worry about roaving marauders or zombies (I love the zombie threads). Why do I take "Survivalism" seriously? It boils down to two concepts. #1 Be prepared. #2 it is better to have and not need, than to need and not have. A world where everyone is cared for in every way, and if anything happens people will be taken care of, is a beautiful concept. However, it is not the world we live in.

Spiritowl

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join