It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purpose of Life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Live is alive a fork a fork you do the math.If we are a tool then we have done our work in the next gen of new tools.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

I understand your point but it seems you do not understand mine.

The reason we have the divine power to determine our own purpose in life is because we are NOT like a tool or a fork or an animal or any other living or non-living entity. We were given the gift of self conscienceness. We have the power of God within us. We have the power to tap into the universal conscienceness that connects us all. That is what makes a human different from an animal.....or a fork.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm sorry to inform you of this God gifted universal conciseness you talk of.Is not universal.Specifically in us.We are selfish and you will prove it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Any person without God is selfish. you a re right about that. That is because they are seeking outwardly to satisfy inwardly. Every person has the capability of contacting their divine power. it is their choice to do so or not.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is something that I have thought about at great length, as I'm sure everyone responding to this thread has as well...

Anyhow, I am pretty confident in my answer. The purpose of life is to waste time. The concept of God is a misnomer. He doesn't exist. Not in any way that applies to you or I, anyhow.
The simple truth of the matter is that WE ARE God.
If that is the case, what on Earth (and beyond) are we doing? Well, to answer that you have to think about a time when Earth (and beyond) didn't exist. What were we? We were collective consciouness, nothing more.
So, what do you do? You create the illusion of stuggle, marked by time, in order to pass your time.
Yes, the ultimate goal is to live a perfectly harmonious life with all of the bounty of being an immortal being in an endless possibility.
But just making that so takes away the fun. So, you create a stuggle to get to that point.
That is where we are now. We are remembering.

The purpose of life is to waste time. And to have a great time doing it. We had to create the paradise in order to live in it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If you believe in God,you will not be selfish? I wonder how you will survive all alone just you and God?I suppose you will be given all you need on some other plain.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by flyingfish]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The purpose of life is 42

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Ok Jay you are God? maybe in your chair good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I think you misunderstand me, but that is of no matter. No, *I* am not God. *We* are.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by INTHESKYWITHDAIMONDS

Any person without God is selfish. you a re right about that. That is because they are seeking outwardly to satisfy inwardly. Every person has the capability of contacting their divine power. it is their choice to do so or not.

What part of the Creation can be apart from the Creator? If all have the capacity for inner divinity, then aren't they inherently divine? Recognizing the divine does not bring us closer to it, only that we see it more clearly.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
We are talking the meaning of life.
Lets see some something real..Have you been outside lately?I'm not talking about the man mad place you.. i.e God has created..
This is life.Could you survive in it without your stuff?This is the meaning of life..

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't think you would want to know the purpose of life...

Otherwise what is there to live for?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
First of all, and I don't mean to be rude here, but I can't understand what you are trying to say.

Secondly, are you even addressing me?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Poet Of Deception

I understand the purpose of life. What does it make me want to live for?

Seeing the idea through. Let us move to the point that we don't quibble over needless things. Let us live together in peace and harmony in a universe where ANYTHING we think of is possible. Not only possible, but achievable.

Wonderful experiment!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
First of all, and I don't mean to be rude here, but I can't understand what you are trying to say.

Secondly, are you even addressing me?

Are you talking about what i posted? Because i thought i made myself clear

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm not sure who you are asking either, but I have an answer which is simply this: I don't anymore confuse the content of my life with its intent. I see no point. Whether you can live without your stuff or not, you can still lose it all. What can you truly have that can be taken from you? Without the answer to that, I found life quite disappointing.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Seeing the idea through. Let us move to the point that we don't quibble over needless things. Let us live together in peace and harmony in a universe where ANYTHING we think of is possible. Not only possible, but achievable.

Wonderful experiment!

[edit on 11-12-2008 by INTHESKYWITHDAIMONDS]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Wonderful experiment!

Your thoughts on the purpose of life, are your opinion! We have no purpose of life.

I would love to get into details and excuse the modestness! Wipe the floor with your thoughts and ideas but its too late in the evening and i have college tomorrow!

Maybe tomorrow eh?

I understand where you are coming from... However your thoughts are your own perception of the world which has shaped around you!

In reality you don't know what is "Left" What is "Right" what the color "Blue" stands for... I am merely giving examples to show you how we have been brought up and taught, like colors, shapes, the language and dialog we speak.

Trust me mate, you have no idea what the purpose of life is! No one on this earth will ever know! Not even a little bit!

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Poet Of Deception]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

You just stated my point exactly my friend.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I will not put what I believe the purpose of life is but I will provide insight on the question itself.

Now when thinking of purpose what do we all think of? Intention - supposed to happen - no accidents - all has meaning of relative significance?
Life is synonymous with existence, its not a biological concept, nor exclusive to humans that have emotions and our aware to internal/external experiences.

Looking for purpose will lead to questions like, "why is there something rather than nothing?" which is to ask where anything came from. the latter which leads to, If it was supposed to happen or if it was inevitable.

When I look at things like the sun/stars - I have to ask what their purpose is. But most look at stars as just an emergent inevitability given the right circumstances, But that is when I understand what a sun is and not when I gather what the sun has done or can do.

The sun has given me light when I cannot see, warmth when I am cold - from those 2 alone I have given the sun purpose - even though I am aware of what a Sun is.

Is it possible for someone to find purpose in anything? As long as you have given it a relative significant meaning, I think It is possible for everything to have a purpose. Maybe the only difference is your perception of the meaning, and how you go about looking for it.

What is the purpose of life, what is the purpose of your life?

[edit on 11-12-2008 by juveous]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join