It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purpose of Life

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Poet Of Deception

I have one more thought you can clean up the floor with your spilled milk.Come back from college with some meat.
I would love to hear your post.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish

I have one more thought you can clean up the floor with your spilled milk.Come back from college with some meat.
I would love to hear your post.

Do you realy wish to see my meat? Because that can be arranged...

Seriously im not trying to start a war here! I am merely stating we will never know the true meaning of life!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I am beginning to think that many of you posting now have not even read the original post. I know it is long but very informative and uplifting. That is the purpose of this thread. It was meant for encouragement not as a reason to argue and bicker. The point is to love your fellow man and to love your life. Love is the answer to all the questions and opens all the doors. Please. Stop arguing.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by INTHESKYWITHDAIMONDS
I am beginning to think that many of you posting now have not even read the original post. I know it is long but very informative and uplifting. That is the purpose of this thread. It was meant for encouragement not as a reason to argue and bicker. The point is to love your fellow man and to love your life. Love is the answer to all the questions and opens all the doors. Please. Stop arguing.

Couldn't agree with you more! So i am going to leave this post up to you and fellow man's!

Welcome to ATS bud! x

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by INTHESKYWITHDAIMONDS

I'm just letting you know your user name is so long it literally re-shaped myATS page, and quite frankly I was a little thrown off by it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

It was originally Lucy-in-the-sky-with-diamonds. But that didn't fit at all so I cahnged it. Sorry to throw you off though.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No, I wasn't posting to you. I was posting to someone else who had posted to me previously and then seemed to have somewhat responded to what I said...

Above your post. Apparently my reply button didn't work.
I was trying to reply to "flyingfish"

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

JSR

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
sorry to jump in here late. and i apologize if the thread has drifted away from the OP. but, i dont have time to read all of the post.

this is a great OP. i like this forum a lot.
i want to give my thoughts on the following statments.

Originally posted by INTHESKYWITHDAIMONDS
.....Peopl​e often​ seem to find their​ whole​ purpo​se in the patte​rn of growi​ng up physi​cally​,​ going​ to schoo​l,​ getti​ng a job, falli​ng in love,​ getti​ng marri​ed,​ havin​g child​ren,​ savin​g for the child​ren’s​ educa​tion,​ plann​ing retir​ement​,​ and then,​ hopef​ully,​ dying​ easil​y witho​ut much pain or troub​le to the famil​y.​

If we can do all these​ thing​s succe​ssful​ly,​ we feel we have lived​ a good life.​ But what is it good for? It seems​ like a lifel​ong obsta​cle cours​e,​ consi​derin​g all the chall​enges​ one must face along​ the way. What is the rewar​d for succe​ssful​ compl​etion​ of this life cycle​?

well, in my opinion, the reward is to have the answer to the question. "purpose of life"

the reward is the opportunity to learn the meaning. and the meaning is, that which can not be spoken. which can not be written, can not be taught. it has to be experienced. and to explain it, is to grasp at smoke with your hands. it has to be understood as in a gestalt ( I love that word )

all of the trials and tribulations, the sequential order of events, teaches things to us. without them we would never understand the things we grasp at. whether you get learned, get hitched, and have rug rats or something else, you still are on a path. no one path is the same. all are unique. and very delicate.

that's all I got..............

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Sure, we can "get into it" whenever you want. Tomorrow, later tonight, the next day, whenever.

While I realize that my thoughts are based on my perceptions, I don't intend to get into a Socratic argument about the nature of what is.
I believe, very firmly, exactly that which I have already stated, and I believe I can reason towards it. Pretty sensibly, I might add.

So, as you said, whenever. Tomorrow is fine. I'll be here.

Edit to add: Just let it be known that, considering your reasoning already displayed, everything I am is based on my perceptions, including my purpose.
That being said, whatever *I* reason my existence is based on is more than enough to satisfy myself. If I am satisfied myself, the answer is satisfied.

Cogito Ergo Sum = The most illogical, yet somehow familiar, reasoning ever coined...

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Perhaps the purpose of life is simply to exist?

Also there is a possibility it is just to be happy.

Just a thought

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Is to live.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Im not adding much more than this.

But i will add this -

www.edgarcayce.org...

www.ciis.edu...

Im serious.

www.edgarcaycebooks.org...

deal with it.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Great post, even though long winded. Those who argue here have not begun the journey and therefore cannot comprehend your line of reasoning. Let's face it, it takes a lot of lifetimes to even begin the process of awakening. Jesus said,"Do not give what is holy to dogs, or they might throw them upon the manure pile."

To those here who would like to know more, Jesus said,"One who seeks will find; for one who knocks it will be opened."

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
IMO the purpose of life is for God to experience him/herself in all ways possible through his/her creation.

For some, their purpose is to love, for others it is to hate, for still others, it is something completely different. The list goes on.

For me, this could explain why there is such a great variety of life here on the earth, that all of creation represents different aspects of God.

It helps me to remember that each and every individual I interact with every day is one aspect of God, and that we are all part of the whole, we are all in this together. Whatever it is that I do, I do it to myself also.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
is there more to life than being really really ridicously good looking?

hehehe zoolander has the answer

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Your purpose as a newborn soul (in the sense you have no past lives), is to create an infinite purpose for your soul. Your may change over time with your experience of different vessels, thats were some confusion comes in, if you were a king in your past life in your new life make a decision to decide what your are but that kingship is gone until you earn it again. no point in completing a purpose you already achieved.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
some people do evil cause they were born to experience it. Ex, a recarnated "angel"- harmony wings of humans. live there interesting life span, maybe there soul has done so much good it needs to experience the evil sides of things.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Unknownsoul]

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Unknownsoul]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Kabbalah might guide you in an interesting direction if you want to get an understanding of the purpose of life. It is much less complicated than some make it out to be strangely. We think we have to be these great wise people, we have to be able to meditate for days on end, ect but it is pretty simple in explanation.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
LOVE LOVE LOVE , love is the meaning of life?
Why does so many people like to use that hollow word , maybe it comforts them to think that way.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

It is not our life's purpose but our souls. We are here to learn from all of our pastlives. Once we have resolved everything that we have done wrong is to be learned from. Our soul's goal is to be godlike entities. You should look into past regression. That's why there are such things like: love at first sight, de ja vus, and dreaming about pastlives and the future. We need to grow spiritually so we do not do the things that we did wrong in our past lives. Everyone is to become godlike beings.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join