It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence that NASA is altering the true colours of the pictures of Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

That is exactly correct! I simply adjusted the colors so that the white areas are white.

Even DeafAlien's image post of NASA's press conference shows a blue sky with white clouds in it and a brownish/redish ground. I didnt adjust that picture.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hmmm, weird. You can barely see the red color on the sundial in this. The rover is covered completely in dust.

Image source (warning, large file)
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Thank you both for clearing that up. I appreciate the toleration of my anachronistic knowledge (I have some impressive typewriting skills and my penmanship is superb, but technological skills? Not so much.
) . Anyway, thanks again.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Yep, but the red color reference on the color chart is darker than the red dust, you can still see the red color reference through the lighter red dust.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Here's another one from redice:

I also saw on, I believe, Richard Hoagland's site an image of a NASA briefing room with a Mars image from the rover with blue sky, and then an image of the same room with the same image "redded" up. I'll try to find it, because it gave stunning evidence they altered the image, one way or the other...

Edit; no luck with the image yet, but here's a link to RCH's blog entry dealing with Mars color-alteration...Linky

[edit on 11-12-2008 by '___'eviant]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

No problem. That's what we are here for and what ATS is for

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Here is the image Deaf Alien posted with the same white balance adjustments on the RGB levels I used in my earlier images. I did not apply any brightness adjustment, only the RGB settings I saved from the refrence picture of the Opportunity rover as it sat in the assembly plant.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Yep, but the red color reference on the color chart is darker than the red dust, you can still see the red color reference through the lighter red dust.

You are right

Why would the NASA show that picture at the press release conference and not do the correct adjustments on the rest of the images?

Also, I notice that there are some green color on the ground in your first adjusted photo.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

Yep, from the Viking probe. Thats another good example of the image saturation changes being done to the images before we see them.

When that image was taken, and many others, the public did not have PC's and image programs to be able to put the images back to what they should be, but see for some reason NASA thinks that we dont know basic image white balance techniques.

White is white. And on a clear day with no wind or red dust being kicked up, white is white. All the other colors of stuff will fall into place accordingly once you achive the white balance.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by RFBurns

You are right

Why would the NASA show that picture at the press release conference and not do the correct adjustments on the rest of the images?

Also, I notice that there are some green color on the ground in your first adjusted photo.

I believe that it is the "drip drip" admittance by NASA and is why they let that image at the press conference go through and all the others are still saturated with red. The sunset image I posted the link to earlier is another example of the drip drip. That image is right on the NASA website and in it you can see the blue color in the sunlight, the gradual change to a lighter blue and red the further away from the light source, and then the darker area of the sky, just like it does here on Earth during a sunset.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

When that image was taken, and many others, the public did not have PC's and image programs to be able to put the images back to what they should be, but see for some reason NASA thinks that we dont know basic image white balance techniques.

They will need to change their tactics.

Oh wait! Don't let them know we are on to them! Let them think we are dumb still.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

LOL!! Ya we cant tip our hand too quickly or they will stop publishing all these red saturated images and only release 256 grey scale black and white images!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

LOL!! Ya we cant tip our hand too quickly or they will stop publishing all these red saturated images and only release 256 grey scale black and white images!!

Oh gosh. I burst out in laughter when I read this. Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So could it be possible that the air is actually breathable on Mars?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatality

That could be closer to the truth than what NASA's letting on. Questions like that probably make them nervous.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatality

Well thats a good question! I really cant say for sure, but you know that the Mars Global Surveyor probe has confirmed that the temperatures near the surface during the Martian summers are around 30 degrees F or more.

MGS surface temperatures

Thats plenty warm with the pressures on Mars for any water beneath the dust layer to come up, evaporate and go into the atmosphere. I am just postulating, but I would bet that within that 5 or 10 feet above the surface where it is warm enough to cause liquid water, that ther may be a layer below that 10 foot level of breathable atmosphere.

Deaf Alien noticed the "green stuff" in one of the images. That could be small plant life or alge of some sort. MSL will give us more detail of that when it gets to Mars, that is if it ever gets to Mars. The mission has been delayed until 2011!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 11-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Ah!!!! The yearly 'They change the color of mars' thread. I actually like it when this thread pops up, cause it reminds me Christmas is near.

Anyways folks, before we get all excited everyone check out Kano's authoritative thread from several years ago. The research and intelligence contained in his thread is a shining standard for what we would wish ALL ATS threads would aspire to.

Mars Color Photo Thread

Happy reading!
Montana

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well with that blue sky it could be possible they get some rain from time to time
. Its just interesting...how they use colors do deceive people. People see red sky and that everlasting sandy terrain and say , oh Mars must be a lost cause .

I sincerly dont understand why they hide all this stuff from the Moon and from Mars , i mean their lies can only result in people questioning their true intentions even more. I mean even if they said today " Hey guess what we can breathe on Mars" i doubt it will have that much of a influence on our daily lives..its not like im gonna go to Mars anytime soon

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Fatality]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

I have read that thread before. It still doesn't explain why the NASA released the picture of Mars with blue sky at press release conference.

But thanks for the thread. I'm bookmarking it for further study.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Depends on what kind of colorblind he is. I have a friend who can see colors fine but is "shade" blind. It's odd. By the way, that friend is a paint and autobody professional, and he always matches the colors just fine...most times even better than someone with "normal" vision...because he sees things "normal" doesn't

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join