It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog in Oklahoma shot three times protecting family

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Dog in Oklahoma shot three times protecting family

www.news.com.au

A FAMILY dog has survived being shot three times - twice in the head - while tackling an intruder threatening his owner.

When a gunman burst through the door of Roberta Trawick's home in Oklahoma, her dog D-Boy leapt into action.

As the intruder shouted at her to get on the ground, D-Boy ran at him, CNN reported.

The gunman shot D-Boy twice in the head but that didn't put off the brave canine.

After shooting the dog a third time with no effect, the gunman fled, Ms Trawick said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Just wanted to post this article to show that indeed Dogs are the best friend of Man. How many human friends do you have that would risk their lives and take three bullets to save you. We are living in times where it is much better to trust your pets than your family and friends. I have seen many people cry and feel compassion for a dead dog than seeing a dead human.....

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have three big dogs and I have no doubt if anyone broke into my house, my dogs would give them a run for their money. Dogs, indeed are a man's best friend. I know mine would protect me to their dying breath.

Dogs are cool. I take care of them and they take care of me.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
That dogs an absoulte champion

Mine used to protect me from my abusive ex.....she used to lay on me or sit in between us when she (the ex) started yelling

Lets see a cat do that..... down with felines

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I love dogs and as many people have said, I wouldn't trust anyone who didn't. They're amazing creatures; my own have proven their loyalty and valor time and again. Do a Google search sometime for stories like this one--you'll be amazed.

Does anyone remember a story from a few months ago in which a Kenyan dog rescued an abandoned baby? The baby was believed to have been left in a nearby forest. She was found nestled in with a dog and her puppies out in the cold, still in the plastic bag she had been abandoned in.

Edit to add: Growing up, we had an old, ornery rottweiler who refused to be anyone's lap dog. He'd purposely avoid us and giving or receiving affection was not his cup of tea. Defying all of this, he saved my brother from what could have been a fatal accident. At the age of four, my brother was playing about near a patch of bushes when the old rottweiler came bounding towards him, grabbed the back of his pants and dragged him back toward the house. My mother saw it just as it was happening and assumed that the dog was attacking. By the time she had reached them, the dog had released him and was running back toward the bushes. My brother was unhurt but terrified, and the dog soon emerged from the bushes with a writhing water moccasin (a highly venomous snake) in his mouth. He shook it to death but suffered a bite in the process, which resulted in a lengthy treatment to save his life. This little act of love didn't change the relationship much; he went on to remain just as grumpy as ever

[edit on 11/12/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
That dog is indeed a champ. I have a dog myself and regards it as my best friend.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Thank all that is good, he survived and seems to be doing well, I can only hope that the dog is rewarded with a great life filled with love and respect.

You Go D-Dog!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
What about the dog that chewed off that French woman's face after she had tried to commit suicide by overdosing on pills? They killed .. I mean euthanized ... that dog. Wasn't he doing the same for her? I was furious when I read that they had "put the dog down." Some humans are not worthy of their dogs.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Awesome dog, horrible owner. Why is the perp not dead, what a helpless owner, can't even afford to buy a gun. If the dog had died, she would have been next.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The Owner should rename the dog Super D-Dog... Two bullets in the head and still alive. Very courageous.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It appears to be a bulldog breed. If that is true I am glad to see a a better light shown on the breed. For too long have we all heard about the dangers of the breed. I can say that having owned bulldogs you will not find a more loyal and protective dog in any other breed, I may be a little biast though,

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Typical of Oklahoma dogs...

You just cant beat them....

I love my state

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

I don't think the breed really matters. The dogs' behavior depends a lot on what the Owners teach them.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
"If you want to know the true meaning of love, lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for 2 hours. When you open it up, which one do you think will still be happy to see you?"

There is nothing more important to me than my dogs. My family and friends call me obsessed. I just love them as much as they love me. They are spoiled, but obedient. They make me laugh every single day and they guard our home while I am at work or school. 2 minutes, 2 hours, 2 days...doesnt matter to them when it comes to the greeting I get in the house.

D-Boy is an amazing dog. Bulldogs get a bad wrap because the only time people hear anything about them is when they get caught up in the fight and bite scene. I remember growing up around a bulldog that played lifeguard around a pool and the slightest change in how you were floating or swimming sent him into rescuer mode.

The owner is lucky. The dog is blessed. Now lets see the MSM report this grade A bulldog attack. Nope, didnt think so.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Humans are more educated than dogs.
But they will NEVER be able to learn how to be so faithful, brave and determined.
Most likely, if some human would behave the same way he/she would have been awarded with some gold medail, but since it was just a dog...

And how about this one?

news.yahoo.com...

Almost everyday we hear stories about what dogs are able to do, and still media call them "heroes" with some sarcasm, as if since they are just dogs they'd be supposed to do that: what's more moving than a dog that wants to give away his hown life to protect his friend/buddy/owner whatever you want to call it?
the Odyssey told us a story including a dog, Argos:
of course, he was ignored, because humans had to take the whole scene ...

But Argos died only after seeing his beloved Odysseus for the last time: as to say "he's back: no i'm done". Yes, i can't corroborate the story story with some proof, but a story written some thousands years ago should at least make us think about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
tragedy averted by mans best friend.
now that owner needs to get a firearm so he can repay the favor.
that dog took a bullet for his owner, the least he could do is give a bullet to the intruder.

every day when i come home my doggy is just as excited to see me as yesterday, and the day before and the day before, since he was born.
truely mans best friend.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
D-Dog is my new hero

I'm not sure if mine would protect me,they're both big cowards (rescue dogs,they were quite nervous when I got them,much better than they were) but I know that they'd want to. I'd take a bullet for them,any day of the week.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Ah man, thats heart wrenching, nice post internos - cmr

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by biomehanika

Oh please, if that dog had brains enough to know what it was getting itself into it wouldn't have done it.
My friends have got my back, but I don't expect them to take bullets for me, although i do know that they care about me more than some mutt.

I'd give that dog a few hundred "thats a good boy"'s, and buy him the gourmet brand (aw hell, for three bullets, I'll buy him human food.) for a year, ok fine, for life.

Don't get me wrong, I think dogs are really smart, and as soon as they get thumbs and can walk upright(with a run of a few good genetic mutations they could seriously pull this off in like 10k years...GO DAWGS!!!), they might be due their slice of the pie. I don't want end this post without showing some appreciation for the cats also, so I'd like to give a shout out to my brothers and sisters of the feline persuasion (that's you fat orange cat that hangs out by my car, yer my boy dog!...er...cat...).

Still tho, humans are best.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
That is good to hear. I'm glad to know the dog lived through that and was very brave! I miss having dogs and this article gives me good reason to attempt to get another. I think my cats probably would have taken up with the crook! Their loyalty is with food first and new people second. I think loyalty to us is somewhere behind playing with soda caps.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join