It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Logic That Proves The Bible Is False

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

There is no god is a pretty sure answer. To be so sure, you must have proof there is no god and to say that the G-d of the Bible doesn't exist is such a definative statement that I must ask, where is your proof?

you cant prove that ANYTHING doesnt exist
its assumed to be false, until proven otherwise
theres no way to prove the tooth fairy isnt real either, but through simple logic and common sense we can realise it is simply a story

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Metalmind

To say that God is not omnipotent because of what happened in the garden of eden shows me you have either not read the bible in its entirety or you didn't understand what you read.
Yes God made the rule that man could not eat of that particular tree or they would die (spiritually). They did eat and they did die. But He made a way for mankind to be reconsiled back to His presence. That's what man was created for- to commune with Him in His total presence. So your arguement is not really valid seeing as how God made the rule with the forwarning of consequences if broken. Then out of foregiveness and love He restored mankind (or at least those that accept His foregiveness). Law still in effect.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

First, there is one VERY important thing you have to get straight- Christianity is NOT a religion. It is a relationship with Jesus Christ. Second, God is not "magical." When we discover new things everyday in science we are merely uncovering God's wonderful creation. Also, the water turning into wine was a MIRACLE. And Mary was still a virgin because she was conceived by the Holy Spirit. Understand?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
There is a much easier way to show the bible is fake.

There is no mention of the Dinosaurs, why? Because when they wrote the bible they didn’t know they existed..... we now know they did.

The bible is just a book of stories.

Mikey

It mentions
Leviathan ...it mentions Giants (Dinosaurs may have been their pets)
It mentions dragons (possible dinosaurs) ...

Maybe God just wanted us to have something to do (writing things down )
That is not only teaching us to write,but read,learn to comprehend,etc ..we learn many skills from writing ............
it is food for the soul to read and write and learning to comprehend helps us make better decisions ...see how smart God is ... ..

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by AgentOrangeJuice

You are right. A book wriiten by a GOD would make no sense. Woudn't he have better things to do?

What are the better things that a God has on his to-do list?

Is he/she creating more life in other places in the universe...oh no wait, we are the only ones.

Maybe he/she is protecting people in Gaza. Can somebody expand on what the "big" job duties a God would have after creating a universe and a race to worship his merciful love?

I would venture to guess he/she is not sitting back looking pleased at this race of demons called man with pride or satisfaction.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well maybe Gods fingers are just way to big ...I mean imagine how many valleys of paper it would take for God to write it all down ...instead of just asking us with the smaller fingers to do it (I mean it does take less paper doesnt it lol)

I know now I am being funny ...
Okay well I thought it was cute anyway lol ...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
...Footnotes:
Job 40:15 Possibly the hippopotamus or the elephant

You think the little flyswatter of tails that the elephant and hippo have sway like cedars?
Perhaps you do not understand how big a cedar tree actually is. Here's a picture to help you www.fotosearch.com... Which animal has a tail that looks more like that, a hippo, or a Brachiasaurus?

Job 41: (On Leviathan) 25When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.

Know what this verse means? That when Leviathan goes on a rampage, mighty men LITERALLY defecate themselves from fear. Does that sound like a hippo, elephant, or crocodile to you? It means these mighty men are ceremonially (and literally) unclean, because they now have their own feces on them.

Would you defecate down your leg if an elephant, hippo, or crocodile was chasing you? Probably not. Granted, you'd be very afraid (and rightfully so), but I do not think it would, literally, scare the poop out of you.

Now, how about if it was a fire-breathing dragon? Think that might do it? Or, if you prefer, how about a T-Rex right out of the movie Jurassic Park? Think that might do it?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ok I am not one to get in on religious arguements and what not because I believe that everyone should be aloud to believe what they want. However, how can you believe a book that has been written and translated so many times that there has to be some "telephone game effect". Nothing is ever written or re-told the same way, there will always be some slight detail that will be changed, now imagine this over how many times the bible has been re-written and translated. Who is to say that the translations themselves were even correct. There are many words in many languages that do not directly translate or there are many different meanings behind what the translation could be. Therefore the best choice for that translation would have been written down. The Bible is nothing but a good story in my opinion, which is why I personally do not believe it because there are too many inconsistancies that could relate to it. The fact that man has had a hand in it is the biggest problem of it. Man has always been one to do what they needed to control the masses, so here is just one more example of this. As a closing arguement. As far as Moses is concerned, he heard a voice come from a burning bush and received 10 commandments. In todays society he would be deemed insane and thrown into an asylum. Also, you need to look at those people he brought the commandments to. Freed slaves from Egypt, by Moses, so they would believe anything that their freedom bringer said.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

The scholars concluded that it could possibly be a hippopotamus or elephant - not me.
Would I poop myself if I saw an elephant? Actually, do you know how big elephants can be? 13+ feet at the shoulders - that's pretty friggin huge.
Yes, I probably would crap myself if I saw such a creature, knowing little about it, with no technology to make a getaway.

But you're ignoring a huge problem - if dinosaurs existed a few thousand years ago, how is it that our dating methods are so off? You would have to disprove decades of research in the matter to even theorize that there may have been dinosaurs alive during that time period.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I believe the bible was written by men to control other simple minded men and that is still true today.
2nd line

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join