It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Logic That Proves The Bible Is False

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here is the simple logic that proves the illegitimacy of all religious texts wirtten by man.
So called written BY the all divine creators THROUGH people.
God writes a book, THROUGH a human?
Yet God created the human?
God creates all things?Right?
Evey single thing the stars the earth the universe heaven ALL THINGS.
Right?
But he cant throw down a book?
He cant get together a basic printing press?
He has to talk to some guy, and tell him to write it?
He has to "talk to" the people he created in all things, and ask them to write it for him?
The way they interpret it?
Seriously, this makes no sense.
If the Bible was the word of God, the all being all seeing all knowing creator of all things.
Then the book would have just "appeared".
Right?
Written BY GOD!
Why would he need us to write it down?
When he can move mountains, and turn city's into dust?
Prophets = Profits.
A good MLM scheme.
Wake up fools.
God loves you.
But he didn't write any books.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by AgentOrangeJuice]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
he's allergic to paper, duh.

you'd think you'd KNOW that by now.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Oh paper yeah.
I forgot about paper that comes from the trees that he made.
He couldnt just form it into a book here nawww he couldnt.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentOrangeJuice

You egomaniacal blowhard.

How dare you ask for God(diety) to personally hand YOU proof of his(her) existance.

You would not believe it anyway. Just say it is a trick "I need more proof then a book."

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

You egomaniacal blowhard.

How dare you ask for God(diety) to personally hand YOU proof of his(her) existance.

You would not believe it anyway. Just say it is a trick "I need more proof then a book."

I didn't ask for anything from anyone.
You made up that lie.
I simply explained how a book being written by a divine creator, makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
IMO your logic is flawed. Back then, from what we are told, not many people could read or write. It was a skill learned by certain people known as scribes. Hence the best way of getting this "story" around was through word of mouth. The story passed down through generations where writing was more common. Hence the letters.

Granted I'm still skeptical of God's existence. Both sides have some pretty heavy evidence. Zeitgeist's take on it being an astro-literary hybrid is damn good. However, Mount Sinai in Arabia along with hundreds of thousands of artifacts from Moses' exodus is extremely heavy and convincing. I am now back on the fence and can't figure out which way to jump.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
No man can understand the word of God, except GOD!
This is the divine creator of all things ever and never.
You thinking you can understand this word, and be a little God yourself, makes you mock the God you so love.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You are right. A book wriiten by a GOD would make no sense. Woudn't he have better things to do?

He spoke to people who passed it on.
He spoke to ONE MAN (MOSES) and gave him 10 rules personally wriiten by God.

God works through people. It your choice to believe them.

Do not ridicule religion because you did not think through your hypothesis.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick
IMO your logic is flawed. Back then, from what we are told, not many people could read or write. It was a skill learned by certain people known as scribes. Hence the best way of getting this "story" around was through word of mouth. The story passed down through generations where writing was more common. Hence the letters.

Granted I'm still skeptical of God's existence. Both sides have some pretty heavy evidence. Zeitgeist's take on it being an astro-literary hybrid is damn good. However, Mount Sinai in Arabia along with hundreds of thousands of artifacts from Moses' exodus is extremely heavy and convincing. I am now back on the fence and can't figure out which way to jump.

If you think my logic is flawed, then you obviously don't have any.
For my logic, is supreme in its facts.
I didn't mention the words "Back then".
Did I?
Scribe or grunt, draw a line in the sand, you are deflecting my original post.
No man would need to write the word of God.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentOrangeJuice
No man can understand the word of God, except GOD!
This is the divine creator of all things ever and never.
You thinking you can understand this word, and be a little God yourself, makes you mock the God you so love.

I think you should read entire posts before you make assumptions. As crmanager said, God ONLY spoke to Moses. Everyone else's writings were made up of actions taken or happenings or told by Jesus. Not from God's mouth. I am not mocking any God, I do not "love" any God as of this moment.

BTW, would you prefer God to write a really long and divine email?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
First of all, God did write a book, of sorts. He personally wrote on the tablets that he gave to Moses, if you were to take the account seriously. Perhaps your problem is that you were not there to witness it, so how can you believe that, right?

Second, to write the book himself won't add to its authenticity any more than a CEO/executive writing a letter himself instead of dictating to his/her secretary.

The message on the tablets of Moses was preserved by being copied by humans. If it was not copied by humans, the circulation would be limited. Unless you'd expect God to keep writing and distributing copies of the book throughout the ages, maybe it could rain bibles.

Moreover, one needs to study the bible to understand who God of the bible is and why he chose not to rain bibles from heaven and hit us over the head with them.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There is a much easier way to show the bible is fake.

There is no mention of the Dinosaurs, why? Because when they wrote the bible they didn’t know they existed..... we now know they did.

The bible is just a book of stories.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As we all know, stories when passed down through word of mouth, have a way of being changed to the point of elaborate exaggeration of the original story.
Much like the childhood game of "Telephone."
Whatever was given to Moses, or anyone else for that matter, has been so diluted and adapted for the changing of the times, that whatever was originally there, is totally lost.
None of us could say for sure what is in the bible that is fact or fiction at this point, and we will never know what was excluded or added.
Chose what to believe if you will, apply it to your own life, and discard the rest.
As you would with every religion...you either believe..or you don't.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It IS simple logic but that would mean using Common Sense. They want someone to rule them instead of using common sense. If god created everything else, the common sense question would be why didn't he write the book himself. Oh it's because back then, people couldn't read, so they had to learn how to read. Hmm, well then Why, when he created humans, didn't he just make humans able to read? HaHa. Anyone who wants to believe the bible, go ahead. There's a ton of crap in it that is wrong. It's a book of history, and events and names have been changed. Just like it always has.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
There is no mention of the Dinosaurs, why? Because when they wrote the bible they didn’t know they existed..... we now know they did.

Read it before talking about like you have read it cause it makes you look STUPID AS HELL!!!

Read Job 40 and then get back to me on the Dinosaurs thing...

Man I hate people that act as if they have read or studied something and have the right to put forth some opinion as educated when it shows the ones who have read and studied how ignorant and false one looks...

Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're stupid than to open your mouth and prove them right!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

Read it before talking about like you have read it cause it makes you look STUPID AS HELL!!!

Read Job 40 and then get back to me on the Dinosaurs thing...

Man I hate people that act as if they have read or studied something and have the right to put forth some opinion as educated when it shows the ones who have read and studied how ignorant and false one looks...

Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're stupid than to open your mouth and prove them right!!!

Yea, you see the problem with that is 2 things – one, it doesn’t talk about dinosaurs and two, people were not around at the same time of the Dinosaurs.

So either way it doesn’t fit into fact.

Oh, and you’re the one believing a book written by men, full of contradictions and proven flaws..... Who’s the one who looks stupid?

Mikey

[edit on 10/12/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
there's no god ... yes, there is something out there, but not the god from the bible ..

the problem is that we cant live without thinking about this things, a book with a history explainning things in a extraordinay way is an easy way to calm down everyone ...

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Faiol]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

If we took into account the literal view of what the bible says, its a fairy tale. I draw the anology to the Greek slave Aseop. He spoke not in mathamatics, but parrable, grand theater if you will. I strongly believe the people who penned the bible had a major, two stage idea in mind when they wrote it. The bible is not a textbook. Its both trans-temporal, and it requires a guide. Keep in mind. the bible was written during the bronze and early iron age of Europe. I have long felt if we employ the scientific mehod, we as a people move forward. The bible is a morality play, nothing more.

But I should point out if people follow the teachings of Christ, or the Buddha, you can't go wrong. And that transcends politics, history, and a racial collective memory we are all saddled with.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

I think this pretty much sums up the whole problem of some posting in this thread perfectly.

At the very least, if you are going to argue against a book, ANY book, show that you have at least read through it (from beginning to end) before you try to argue against its validity.

OP, you sound more like you are trying to convince yourself the Bible isn't G-d's word more than you are trying to convince others.

You have brought no real arguement against the Bible that even warrants a thread such as this. Pick it up and actually read it and know something about it. YOu would be taken more seriously, I am sure.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
there's no god ... yes, there is something out there, but not the god from the bible ..

the problem is that we cant live without thinking about this things, a book with a history explainning things in a extraordinay way is an easy way to calm down everyone ...

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Faiol]

There is no god is a pretty sure answer. To be so sure, you must have proof there is no god and to say that the G-d of the Bible doesn't exist is such a definative statement that I must ask, where is your proof?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join