It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This....is America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

This....is America

www.cnn.com

A Korean immigrant who lost his wife, two children and mother-in-law when a Marine Corps jet slammed into the family's house said Tuesday he did not blame the pilot, who ejected and survived.
Dong Yun Yoon addresses reporters Tuesday, a day after a jet crashed into his home and killed four of his relatives.

Dong Yun Yoon addresses reporters Tuesday, a day after a jet crashed into his home and killed four of his relatives.
Click to view previous image
1 of 3
Click to view next image
more photos »

"Please pray for him not to suffer from this accident," a distraught Dong Yun Yoon told reporters gathered near the site of Monday's crash of an F/A-18D jet in San Diego's University City community.

"He is one of our treasures for the country," Yoon said in accented English punctuated by long pauses while he tried to maintain his composure.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
With all this NWO, Bilderberger, etc etc. I see on this site, it's nice for a change to see America through the lens of someone who REALLY appreciates what it is. This man lost his wife, TWO daughters and his mother when this F-18 crashed into his house. Did he whine about warmongering Americans? No. He asked for prayers FOR THE PILOT so that HE wouldn't suffer from what was essentially an unavoidable incident. I salute a TRUE American, though he may have only been such for 2 or so years. This is very timely right after Thanksgiving and before Christmas.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sometimes, I feel that people who are naturalized in America have a greater appreciation for America than those that are natural born.

Thanks for the story. It is a great change from what we normally hear.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow that guy has a huge heart. It was very unfortunate. Plane crashes happen, it really sucks when it affects people on the ground. This guy really has a huge heart for saying what he did, as he just lost everything in a freak accident.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
That article made me cry. It also makes me think that maybe I should quit griping about what is wrong with my beautiful country, and start focusing on what we as Americans do right. How selfless and kind for this man to be pleading that no negative consequences befall the pilot.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
That article made me cry. It also makes me think that maybe I should quit griping about what is wrong with my beautiful country, and start focusing on what we as Americans do right. How selfless and kind for this man to be pleading that no negative consequences befall the pilot.

Not a one line post, a one word post. "Exactly" Thank you. I really didn't think anyone else would see it as I did.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yea I had a cab driver who was from Egypt and he was talking about how much he loves America. He said that life is so much easier here, to make money, atart a life, raise a family. People who immigrate here from countries like that really do appreciate it a lot more because even with all the corruption and injustice it's still better than their country.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A BIG thumbs down for the OP of this thread. This story has NOTHING to do with what I can only assume you would title FAKE Americans who dislike or hate the USA war machine. This story is about the tragic loss of life and the horrible loss of one man in one tragic instant.

How sad that you can not see beyond your own conflicts into the heart of this matter. It is a testament to your OWN issues that you have to make this about what a REAL American is or is not. This is not about ones nationality or current country of residence this is about being a HUMAN and loosing ones family, the ones a person loves.

Again a BIG fat thumbs down for CO-Opting someones pain and suffering in a desperate and lame attempt to further your own agenda.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
For some insane reason, I can't reply to my OWN thread while logged in. One of the beautiful things about ATS. Regardless, to the last poster, here's two thumbs up your useless ass. Go # yourself. no, really. I somehow KNEW that one of you assholes would pop up in this thread. this is what's called a "genuine" thread. I'm not telling you that UFO's will hover over Alabama, or that I have #ing psychic contact with Abraham Lincoln, but simply sharing something that touched me with others. no AGENDA you asshat. In closing, # you. (Note to mods, take as many points as you like, like I give a #). Dicks.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
This is very timely right after Thanksgiving and before Christmas.

Truly stunning comments. You represent one of the worst forms of America. I cannot begin to imagine how you can turn this tragedy into a 'feel good to be American' story.

Your mind is ill.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

I think you probably misinterpreted what he was going for. He didnt mean anything bad at all... Get your head out of your tush.

Anyway, the man who lost his family is a hero in my book, to be that selfless. I aplaud him on his courage, dignity, honor, and he is so strong.

new topics

top topics

join