It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We not only saved the world...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

We not only saved the world...

news.bbc.co.uk

Gordon Brown has told the Commons his party has saved the world.

The slip, during Prime Minister's questions, was in response to a question from David Cameron about making banks lend money again.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks the current economic crisis is a conspiracy fated to bring down the entire system had better think again.

The British government has SAVED THE WORLD.

Those who work at Ford or GM will be some of the first to heave a sigh of relief. Not to mention those who feared their pensions/life savings might be at risk.

Frankly the whole world ought to stand while playing Rule Britannia in the background. And bow/curtsey before an image of Her Majesty.

Those who have taken the trouble to view the video will also have noticed that it gives a perfect demonstration of how to run a parliament.

Is there no end to British supremacy?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Taken out of context... nothing to see here!

On the other hand, saving the banking system = saving the world. But he also explains, that it was the party working with other countries! So your going on about 'british supremecy' has definately nothing to do with what he was saying!

But I don't want to spoil it: watch the video, it's worth it!

BB,
Samuel

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Aldolas]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aldolas

...your going on about 'british supremecy' has definately nothing to do with what he was saying!

How many other world leaders can stake a claim of this magnitude?

I can, however, agree with your other points insofar as 'saving the world' is what we Brits do best. Nothing unusual for us.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aldolas

Yeah. The video is good.

When i read this thread i though, oh God here he goes he saved the world blah blah blah. So i got angry. Then i watched the video and laughed as much as evryone else in the common. lol

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'm just watching the PM questions (full vid) and I have to admit Tony Blair should have taught Gordon Brown more about Rhetoric!
David Cameron didn't stand a chance against Tony Blair, but 3 min. in OMG!

But even if you know it's coming it's sooooo funny!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

How many other world leaders can stake a claim of this magnitude?

Only great Britain

Now on to a reality check Ford is not asking for a Cash Bailout.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

Frankly the whole world ought to stand while playing Rule Britannia in the background. And bow/curtsey before an image of Her Majesty.

With a sponge and a rusty spanner

It's a catchy tune, actually...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Gordon Brown is an idiot.

He is usually allowed out of the asylum on good behaviour, he suffers from hallucinations and split personalities. However, the medication has worn off today - Brown currently believes he is superman.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

A catchy tune? Understatement of the millennium:

And for anyone still in doubt as to the source of all hope for future stability:

Anyone else need a hanky?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ah this is a U.K bashing thread , nothing to see here ........

why should you bow to the royals when they have NOTHING to do with running the country? ... a common misconception held by most non U.K'ers

It wouldn't surprise me if he said it .. he has that air of arrogance about him whenever i hear him talk.

i don't care who saves the world or all the poor peoples money that is being used and abused to bailout big companies that have FAILED.

We should let it crash all of it , wipe the slate and start again imo

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
When I heard that gaff, it was so vulgar I nearly vomited.
Never thought I'd say this but I miss Tony Blair

Blair made Britain a strong nation with deep pride - citizens who are respected across the world; whereas Brown presents the British people as ragamuffins and a nation of morons.

I cannot live with the shame.

I'm moving to Mexico.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

"I can, however, agree with your other points insofar as 'saving the world' is what we Brits do best. Nothing unusual for us."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a Brit and I found this very embarressing. Brown is putting our children and grand-children in so much debt that they wont know what it's like to have a state pension or health surface. If this all goes t*ts up, like most think it will, Britain will be bankrupt and out of business. So far from saving the world (please tell me you are joking? Please!) all we've done is put off the inevitable. In essence we are the man facing the dole who takes out a loan and goes on holiday to forget his troubles! There's been little, if no thought, for how we're going to pay this money back.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
He should never have been PM, as Chancellor, he messed up the economy. He now expects those of us who are chronically ill and other disabled to bail them out.

Personally and through my observation, he bullied his way to being premier of the UK. As a UK national, when he said that 'we saved the world' I thought what a laugh. He can't even save the British people,like myself, who never know what card he is playing next.

It was wonderful seeing the Commons rolled up in laughter. Mind you, Brown didn't look too happy.

Britain saving the world is a joke. We can't even save ourselves from the impending Euro that Brown elected for us behind our back.

I can't wait to the General Election so I can say, 'Bye, Bye Brown'

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

You clearly sense a Freudian slip. The psychologists out there are going to have a field day.

reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Sorry this has caused you palpitations.

Brown is putting our children and grand-children in so much debt that they wont know what it's like to have a state pension or health surface. If this all goes t*ts up, like most think it will, Britain will be bankrupt and out of business.

Perhaps as a remedy to your fears over my sanity you might wish to glance at another thread.

I suggest a nice hot cup of tea might not do any harm as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I watched this live today, and I have to say Cameron is fantastic. He knows he's right, he's got the right questions and all Brown can do is bluff and bluster and throw out snide remarks regarding the Tories.

Your days are numbered, Labour.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

"Brown is putting our children and grand-children in so much debt that they wont know what it's like to have a state pension or health surface. If this all goes t*ts up, like most think it will, Britain will be bankrupt and out of business.

Perhaps as a remedy to your fears over my sanity you might wish to glance at another thread.

I suggest a nice hot cup of tea might not do any harm as well."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your sanity was never in doubt my friend! It was your backing of Brown that caused my near seizure... Then I read your other thread and now I feel much better knowing it's not just me who feels that, economically speaking, we are blindly wandering down lifes sewer happily kicking the tu*ds just waiting for that inevitable moment we trip and fall face first into our own mess!
I think I'll need something a wee bit stronger than a cup of tea to calm my nerves.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I wonder if the Gordon Brown realizes the sun does set on the British Empire.

....This line for fluff....

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
OMG, I don't believe that half of you haven't seen the video!

I mean, the cr*p some of you are writing makes it so blatently obvious.

Oh well... see my sig.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
After watching the video it is worth a laugh,

i admit i didn't click the link before replying at first .. me an P4T have already discussed this via U2U.

OT

He dreams he saved the world , he wishes , he begs, ... i mean if he saves the world he might .. and i stress might hold on to the next election ..Ha not!

I know this is a global problem but a thought keeps niggling in the back of my mind .. were are all on trouble because of the economy .. right?

So the man to solve the problem is the guy who was running the ..'economy' for the best part of 10 years.

How does Gordon expect to hold his position? he expects to hold it because of all the countless years he took a back seat to Blair with promises of future power , he really believes he deserves to run the U.K.

On a side note Land of hope and Glory gave me a little pride .. always thought it should be the national anthem.

[edit on 10/12/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join