It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*US F-18 jet crashes in San Diego*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

A US military F-18 fighter jet has crashed into a residential area of San Diego, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has said.

The San Diego Fire Department described the scene of the crash as "a heavily populated area" near Interstate 805.

TV footage showed plumes of white smoke rising from several houses. It is not clear if there are any casualties.

The jet crashed as it prepared to land at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar and the pilot had ejected, the FAA said.

The crash occurred two miles (3.2km) from the base, it added

A spokesman for the San Diego police department, Monica Munoz, said it appeared so far that the only person injured was the pilot.

Taken From BBC News

I have a feeling there is more to this than meets the eye's and ears!

Keep this thread open to conspiracy just in case something major is released!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here you go!

Thank you for that! I did look but couldn't find anything on it!

I will say keep this thread open for suggestions on possible conspiracies!

I am digging on info now!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There isnt any conspiracy with this. It is a simple accident involving a military jet, which can and does happen from time to time.

Your shadow would be more of a conspiracy than this ever would.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
There isnt any conspiracy with this. It is a simple accident involving a military jet, which can and does happen from time to time.

Your shadow would be more of a conspiracy than this ever would.

Cheers!!!!

do you have any evidence to back your claim?

If you do i would be willing to listen...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It happens more than you think, all you have to do is google military jet accidents. MCAS New River had a few with the Harrier, and the F/A 18's as well. Hel crashes too. And I guess the Osprey program was a conspiracy as well. Thinning out the military population I guess.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
something tells me will wil never know!

Although it could be an accident...

Why would it of come all the way from US?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
mate you've more chance of finding a conspiracy on child birth than in this one.

Looks like the pilot may have tried to salvage a poor landing pattern and stalled then spinned the bugger into cumulo-grannitis. Its not uncommon to pull the engines to idle and increase the angle of attack (pull back on the elevators) in order to slow down the aircraft on final approach, especially if he was hot and low (too fast and too low). if he had increased AoA too quick or indeed past the stall stick position he will stall. Remember, you can stall an aircraft at any speed. Sounds like a case of bad luck for the pilot.

My sincere coldolences to the family of those killed.

new topics

top topics

join